Accepted [Alcala09] Misleading Evidence [Michael] [Accepted]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Alcala09PlaysMC, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcala09PlaysMC

Alcala09PlaysMC Active Member

IGN:
    Alcala09
    • Server name (.net / .org ): skyblock.net
    • In-game name: Alcala09
    • Full exact Ban Message: (imagine linked below)
    • Did you read the rules? Yes, I am sure and aware of the rules
    • Why do YOU think you were banned? I was banned for attempted illegal trading and misleading evidence
    • Was this an incorrect ban? Yes, this was an incorrect ban
    • Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for? Island farming around 2-3 months ago
    • Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    • One day ago, a player tried to sell me anything he could for my pumpkin head. Sometime later he asked for me to buy some mycelium, then started to beg me to trade dirt for my pumpkin head. I fakely accepted so I can give information to a mod. While trying to stall this player so Michael can log in and check the dirt, I sent images to Michael. I guess these images weren't enough to prove the player was trying to trade with me.
    • Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 4.33.33 PM.png

2. Alcala09PlaysMC

IGN:
    Alcala09
    I am not sure if replay mod counts as evidence, but here are some extra messages for when I started to get information about his dirt
    Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 5.04.58 PM.png

3. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Hello Alcala, thank you for taking the time to create an appeal.

As you have stated in your appeal, you were banned for providing misleading evidence, causing me to believe that a player had been trying to trade dirt with you, and neglected to mention that you intentionally went along with the whole thing, and even instructed him on how to evade logblock so that no one could find out. I will go through your conversation with him and summarize what happened. I would then like you to take a look at it, and explain how this was not intentional.

The conversation started when the player had messaged you, asking to purchase one of the new Halloween heads from you. You had repeatedly declined until he stated that he had dirt, and you immediately replied with "for real, yes, sell me some dirt". You proceeded to converse with this player, eventually coming to the agreement that one pumpkin head would be traded for some dirt along with a bit of mycelium.

After coming to this agreement, you proceeded to tell the player "you have to keep this a secret", and continuing on to tell the player that they needed to perform a series of tasks in order to trick our logs so that we could never prove that you traded dirt.

After continuing the conversation for quite some time, you noticed that Cyk had logged onto the server and immediately messed this player to watch out because another moderator was online. If you were really just trying to "collect evidence", as you claim, even though this is the wrong way to go about it, why would you warn the player? From what I can tell, you truly believed that you were able to force the game to glitch and not be able to track where the dirt had gone. Even though you did message Cyk about this afterwards, I find it very suspicious, as there would be no reason to fear what she would be able to find out, if you had actually succeeded. This would be the perfect way to get yourself out of the situation; you would be able to claim that a moderator checked your logs and proved that you were innocent.

You had quite an extensive conversation with this player, explaining how to avoid the logs, which I feel necessary to add was unsuccessful; however, with that being said, this seems like a lot of effort to just "find evidence". The correct course of action would have been to immediately refuse the offer that the player made, and let them know it was illegal just in case they were not aware, as well as contacting a moderator immediately, and proceeding to let them handle the situation.

I do not see why you would spend this much effort to "gain evidence" if you were not somehow involved. I would also like to add that there are plenty of logs suggesting you were involved, as around 90 dirt was placed into a shulker box, which was immediately broken by the player that you had been messaging. Why would he do this if you never actually tried to go through with the trade?

I would like you to answer to your actions, and explain these series of events from your perspective, if you believe that I have misinterpreted anything. Please try to be as thorough as possible to avoid any possible confusions or misinterpretations of your explanation.

4. Alcala09PlaysMC

IGN:
    Alcala09
    Hey Michael, so about "tricking the system" I never believed anything would happen. Most of the effort came from stalling until you logged on so you can check the logs, stalling the player including the logs and warning about the staff.

At first, when the player told me about his dirt I wanted to look a little more into it because people joke around about having dirt and/or trading it. I wanted to make sure that my report wasn't false and not a joke the player made.

I tried to stall him by saying he is able to bypass the logs, none of the things I said to the player were true.

When I saw the shulker box was broken, I have gone too far stalling the player that he dropped the shulker box, that is when I stopped. The player genuinely eager to trade with me, all my intentions
    never wanted the player to trade.

I have noticed that the tactics I used to prove and stall the attempted illegal trading were a bit questioning which was the reasoning of the ban, but every action I made was supposed to make a valid report.

One misconception you may have is the effort of the whole thing. I started to go further when you msg me to send an image of him stating the trade, I wouldn't have gone further with the "trade" if I had to screenshot more evidence.

If you have any more questions about my point of view of the situation, I am glad to answer it!

5. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Thank you for your response and cooperation throughout this appeal. Before resolving your appeal, I would like to ask why you did not let me know about this as this was happening, or at least shortly after the issue was resolved. I would assume that you at least considered the fact that this might have seemed suspicious.

If I am to accept your appeal, I would like you to restate all of the rules in your own words, as occasionally re-reading the rules is always a good idea. I would also like you to recall your conversation, to the best of your ability, and explain your reasoning behind each decision. I am not worried about the small details, I am more concerned with the bigger picture, and the general content of the conversation; please explain why you chose to lead the player on instead of stopping once it had been reported.

I apologize if my request for a screenshot confused you; I simply meant to ask if you could send me a screenshot that I had assumed you had already taken when the player first approached you. I did not intend to come across as asking you to continue conversing with the player and pretend to willingly trade illegal items with him.

6. Alcala09PlaysMC

IGN:
    Alcala09
    Disrespect (chat) - Disrespecting players (harassment, bullying, calling out, threats)
    Minor chat offensives - filter bypassing, inappropriate chat
    Major chat offensives - Racist and/or sexist chat, a spread of personal information, advertising other servers, malicious chat links, DDoS threat
    Nick abuse - Pretending to be someone else using nicks, inappropriate nicks
    Punishment evading - evading ban/mute by using a different account or other methods
    Griefing - destroying other's islands without permission
    Scamming - fraud or stealing of other's currency
    Island farming - Repeatedly resetting an island for own gain (grass, sand, lava)
    Inappropriate ign - offensive or inappropriate username
    Inappropriate skin - offensive or inappropriate skin
    Player killing - killing other players by breaking blocks under, lava, pushing off an edge
    Illegal trading - selling/giving of illegal materials (dirt, buckets, white sand)

I went through saying you can bypass the filter by doing some steps, I thought if he can trust me with the trade and distract him enough from the actual trade, I am able for him to restate and take a screenshot. Actually, he got suspicious about me beating around the bush about the trade he was looking for. Accepting the trade of dirt was so I can get enough screenshots to make it a valid report if I can get him to state the trade and what exactly he is trying to do.

7. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Thank you for your response. I will give you another chance; however, in the future, please alert a staff member if you come across a situation similar to this one, instead of trying to handle it yourself, as it can cause misunderstandings.

Thank you for your cooperation throughout this appeal. You have been unbanned.

8. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.