Declined /Afk with ranks[Off-Topic]

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by BiscuitBoi, Apr 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiscuitBoi

BiscuitBoi Member

So I noticed that only staff members are able to do /afk. This got me thinking why cant other people with a rank do this command?

It's not like it gives a gameplay advantage or anything?

I think /afk should be available for use by people with ranks, maybe not all ranks, maybe skylord + like /fly.

Introducing this would mean that people wouldnt have to download forge and mods to be able to respond to dms with a simple message when afk.

I dont see any disadvantages of letting ranked players have this ability.

It would be quite helpful.

• Neutral Neutral x 2
    • No Support No Support x 2
  2. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    The reason for other players not having this command is for them to abuse it an spam chat with it. Neutral but support if there was some sort of cool down

3. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    This has been suggested so many times, and hasn't been implemented, so it doesn't look like it will be.

Support as long as it only appears if player is /msged, not in chat.

4. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    these type of suggestions unfortunately aren't allowed
    Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 5.27.22 PM.png

5. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    I don't think it's fit for ranks that good, it would repeatedly spam the chat and be annoying, I feel like this is better being exclusive to staff.

6. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    If there was a 5 minute cooldown, then support!

7. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

No support, the command is to let the playerbase whether or not STAFF are active & able to help, not regular players who can still type their default message to let people know they are afk.

8. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support as long as it only appears in /msg when a player messages u (basically what laini said) so that people won't be able to abuse/spam it in chat. So basically if someone where to message u while ur afk, an automated reply would be sent to them saying u r afk.

9. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Changing to support but it only shows if someone /msg's you. I currently do not change my nick from Pil to anything else(If i was afk I'd normally do /nick Pil_AFK) in fear of Pil joining the server - so this would allow people to know I'm afk without a auto-reply mod running. Full Support!

10. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

Unfortunately, your suggestion has been declined because the developers assigned to monitor the Server Gameplay Suggestions forum are unable to consider suggestions involving changes to donor ranks, perks, kits, online shop pricing, sales or discounts.

The staff who decide these matters are not currently seeking player suggestions in these areas. If that ever changes, a separate suggestions section will be set up for them to monitor and reply to such suggestions.

In the meantime, we are happy to consider any suggestions you may have regarding server gameplay mechanics and features, and hope you will always keep thinking of great ways to make the server better for everyone! :)

This thread has been moved to the Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive | Skyblock Forums. The thread starter may report this post with 90 days if they are dissatisfied with this action, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.