Declined Add discord moderators to the staff team list

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions Archive' started by Viper, Oct 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ItzVxper
    After all, Laini, (NS), Blyx, and Mai are members of the staff team as well (and they have tags for it as well as Parrot mentioned) so they should not be left out of the list.

Edit: Forgot to add, they also appear on the "staff online now" list whenever they are on the forums.

• Support Support x 6
    • No Support No Support x 1
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  2. Parrot

Parrot Guest

They made a role for it already, I don't see why they shouldn't add them to the Staff Board
    Support.

3. Justin

Justin - Premium Premium

I am going with neutral. Though they do put a lot of hard work and effort into what they do, it is only based on our Discord server. This may confuse people on the forums, because all of the people on the staff list are in-game staff. They cannot solve issues in-game that require a moderation rank. They are recognized in the staff list on discord. This is just my personal opinion

4. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    I agree, although since they are already being recognized with the discord moderator tags here, and showing up on online staff, I feel that at this point they might as well just be on the staff list, since they are already pretty much there, so I think imma go with support

5. Justin

Justin - Premium Premium

I hadn’t realized this till now, if they are being recognized here then I agree they should be added. Switching to support

6. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    this is a great idea tbh, maybe give it its own category on the staff page ofc, so that if someone has an in game forum, they know which staff members to... well, not avoid, but yeah, so they know which staff members can easily help them and they can ask the right members for different platforms, in game, discord, whatever

7. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Hiya, thanks for creating a suggestion!
    Unfortunately this topic has been discussed with the staff team and we thought it was best that we do not add discord moderators to the staff team list. Whilst we appreciate all their hard work on the discord, it's a separate entity from the forums and the team wanted to keep it this way. The discord moderators already feature in the staff list on the discord, so they are not being neglected! This was down to a number of factors, but the main one was we did not want people reaching out to them mistaking them of being in-game staff members too, and we wanted to keep platforms separate. It's also because the discord moderators have no role on the forums except for handling their discord appeals in the future, hence why they received a tag so that it did not look like a general member of the forums was replying or handling that appeal. We've already been quite generous in the way that we've given them a yellow name, rather than just the tag. Hopefully that makes sense, and it has been incorporated into the latest changelog here.

8. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Thank you for creating a suggestion!
    Unfortunately after looking at it we have decided that we will not be adding this feature. We felt like this would not be possible or needed on the forums, so your suggestion has been declined. Feel free to create a new suggestion, we're always looking for new additions!
    This thread has been locked and moved to Forums Suggestions Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.