add a salt rating or i'll be sad for the rest of my life

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by Jesus Christ, Mar 22, 2019.

1. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    who said it would be a negative rating

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Support.

Reading all the responses regarding it would cause more drama, I can see why. Reason being (I believe) is that if you make the salt rating a negative rating (red numbers below your profile picture) then it gets people pissed off because they don't want to see a lot of negative ratings on their profile, which would make them look bad. When we removed the negative rating for the dislike, from my perspective I've seen less people being salty. Gamzee (if you remember him) used some on me and I did to him and we did not get salty or pissed off because of that. Personally the only negative rating should be the rude. I liked how the devs changed the dislike ratings to a neutral rating.

Making the salt rating neutral wouldn't cause issues (unless that person has behavioral issues or is jealous they got a salt rating)

That's my point of view of this. Literally go on Mineverse, you'll see how many salt ratings are given and people don't give a fly about it lmaooooooo

3. Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ Active Member

IGN:
    i_am_youtuber
    The thing is though that you have many other ways of doing things like rate farming, why would somebody rate abuse with salt when you have things like the dislike or rude rating.

I can see your point, perhaps an official thread should be made about it if it's become that big of a problem.

4. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    I was using negative ratings as an example of how issues could arise. It's more about the way people perceive ratings, rather than what type they actually count for. Even if, as I used in the example, rude ratings, were changed to the neutral type, I don't think that it would change much regarding how it is interpreted, aside from the fact that there would be no more red bar on the distribution chart.

5. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    I once remember when Frxn posted a salty message in the Easter Dp 2018 (When he lost 25 easter heads)

Now that's a salty message.

(I'm switching to Neutral due to Krissy said + The people who didnt get a head in dps)

6. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    salt could just be a neutral rating BOOM problem solved

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Oh no don't remind me of my cringey self please! :(

8. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Neutral,

I do like the idea of having a salt rating because of humors reason and my thoughts that its just there to make it fun. But I would see people not supporting this as this could cause several problems so that is why my decision is neutral for this one.