A Re-Introduction, almost 7 years later, plus a thank you

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by TropicalBat101, Feb 23, 2020.

1. TropicalBat101

TropicalBat101 Member

Hi, my name is TropicalBat, but I used to be known as BW0LF for a bit before I changed it when mojang accounts became linked to minecraft ones.

I first started sometime around 2013/2014 when I was about 13 with my brother, buck_eats_toast. Together we built our island up, first as a giant wooden box with two floors, then we added a pool, a wider ground floor, an outdoor area, a sacrifice chamber (as you do), until it became what it is today. This will probably become a bit of a "story time" but oh well aha

I remember one new years eve my brother and I celebrated our wooden box and pool by setting off some fireworks we made while sitting at the top of our creation next to our table and chairs with a cake or two. Soon after we decided to remove the shade sail on top and expand even further. Soon a roof farm was made, another outdoor area with a river, a trading center, and a huge storage area began to take shape. We visited the mob area often, not because we were necessarily the best of the best when it came to killing mobs (though I could duck and weave pretty well). It was partly because of the massive tower in the corner of the area.

Surrounded in darkness the average-joe wouldn't have noticed it if their brightness wasn't at full. It was a maze of traps, mob spawners, spider webs, and parkour. If you could reach to the top? I wish I knew. I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything, but who knows. It was a fun challenge, and since you could die and loose everything on you, there were real stakes. Do you wear your best stuff to have a better shot or take your chances with some leather stuff and a stone sword?

Loosing stuff was the other reason we visited so often, if someone with god armor or close to made a mistake or two, those items would just sit on the ground waiting to be picked up. Through all of it we did some really good and rare stuff, lost some of it, and found more interesting or unique items. Though the most "unique" items were the god enchantments we received. Not on armor, or swords no, but on things like a piece of ice, or a cookie. A cookie with every enchantment that could 1 shot most mobs, that could be accidentally eaten at any moment aha. Our storage area to this day is still overflowing with random junk, stacks of prismarine, food, mob drops, ect.. Though the best stuff still lives in our ender chests.

Of our two years playing, I only recognize the name Krissy but I'm sure I'd remember a few more if I saw them, though I'd assume most people I knew haven't kept playing unfortunately, as is with life and responsibilities. My brother hasn't played minecraft since then but I've recently come back to skyblock with a friend or two. We made a new island on survival skyblock and I'd assumed my old one had been deleted or cleared out to save server space or reset the world along with the spawn etc. BUT, I found out the old one still exists, so I immediately went over and had an absolute blast looking over all my old stuff and the memories I made with my brother. I can't believe that after all this time its all still been preserved.

The drop parties at spawn next to the lava waterfall, the parkour so many died at (where it was rumored if you made it to the end you'd get 1,000 grass or something even greater), some of my literal first builds ever, the memories I made with my brother (who I've become disconnected to), the other players, and more, it was such an amazing experience.

Skyblock will always be a special place for me as not only my first multiplayer server but as a major part of my minecraft experience, so thank you. I may not be on that much because of uni and life now, but I'll always try pop-in and make a few more memories when I can.

Speaking of, enjoy these screenshots of my brother and I's OG island (along with our secret snow platform we built) ❤️

2020-02-24_00.43.36.png 2020-02-24_00.45.55.png 2020-02-24_02.07.50.png 2020-02-24_02.07.03.png 2020-02-24_00.48.04.png 2020-02-24_02.08.34.png 2020-02-24_02.08.57.png 2020-02-24_02.17.02.png 2020-02-24_02.17.06.png 2020-02-24_02.17.39.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Hey:D
    Really nice to hear about this story, sounds cute and heartwarming. Hope to be able to pay a visit soon!!

3. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Damn this bring backs so many memories.. and nostalgia xD. For example I also remember going to /warp mobs to get some loot that drops from the players there when they die. I remember one time I almost got a diamond armor but someone else picked it before me so I was a little mad and sad I didn't get it. I remember the parkour, I never completed it cause I was so bad at it and the seasonal drop parties where there would be a lot of players that it made my FPS so LOW that getting at least 1 hand was like a miracle but I managed to get 2 heads in the halloween party of 2013 or 2014 (cant remember which) which made me so happy!

The earliest memory of my first island was that it was a (VERY BAD) Square tree house where I would get Donor100s to god chests full of my items. And I remember a small cobblestone house built underneath for my tree house it was for my coopmate (which I forgot their name : ((( ) but we were close but we lost contact and I've never seen them afterwards which made me so sad. I would go to the mob arena and store my rewards in her house xD.

Anyways, welcome back! Glad to see you back again here. I also hope to see your brother here too!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Wow very nice story welcome back! I hope you enjoy the new skyblock

5. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Man, 13 to 21. Time always has to change.

Nice Introduction, Nice to see an OG Member from the past to play again.

6. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Welcome back! The screenshots you’ve attached make your island a lot more impressive than my first attempt. :hah:

7. InactiveMatt

InactiveMatt Active Member

IGN:
    Mattsterr
    Wow, welcome back! I'm back after a long leave as well :)

8. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

It’s nice to be recognised :) welcome back

9. GAMER1232012

GAMER1232012 Well-Known Member

Welcome back! If you see me in game, please hmu

10. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Welcome back! :)