Skyblock A minor problem with the DP

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by masterCircle, Dec 8, 2022.

1. masterCircle

masterCircle Active Member

So, nothing against morayeel or anyone else, and no this is not because my bias in the dp, everyone deserves a fair and equal chance.

For the Easter DP 2022, the same person won 2 slots for 2 heads. (Nothing against morayeel, I do not hate his heads, they are fantastic, this is just a problem with trust in the system of voting for dp heads) Pastel Creeper was declared a DP head and the Flower Basket was declared a hunt head, though made by the same person.

"Another thing to mention is although a creator may have more than one shortlisted entry, only one of their heads (if they have the highest amount of votes) will be a Winning Head. The one with the highest votes would be pursued and their other entries will be ignored. For example, if I had entered 3 heads and all 3 were shortlisted and later received the most votes, only the highest voted 1 of the 3 would be pushed for the Drop Party. This is to ensure all creators have a shot at their head winning!" This was said by Megan for this years DP.

I know that a DP head and a Hunt head are 2 different things, but still why would you have 1 person have 2 heads win, where the extra slot could have been for a head by someone else. (again, nothing against the look of the heads or morayeel, not my bias I did not make a head that year.)

It just throws away the equality all people should have for the drop party, and can also decrease peoples trust in the outcome of this years dp, specially since there are a lot of heads. I just think we need more safe guards so we can all fully trust this years drop party.

see ya.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Beens

Beens Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BeensMC
    I reckon that the rule that you quoted wasn't in place when the last drop party occurred. Personally, I'm more concerned about the quantity of Noobcrew heads or an entirely different head being implemented last second (flower basket was supposed to be a bee). Not that I'm really all that concerned...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    This is correct, this is new in the voting system.
    Fairness amongst all creators is being considered a lot more carefully going for the foreseeable future and it will be a guaranteed 5 separate winners.

I’m terms of this thread, whoever wins the Head competition is down to what you vote on.

Heads that are dropped are the heads with most votes. As you have quoted above, if a person has 3 shortlisted heads, only the 1 with the highest votes following voting is chosen therefore it is unlikely they also created the hunt head.

This should not be a concern based on the new voting system, which I explained on the Head Comp thread, and the careful consideration we are taking to ensure there aren’t duplicated ballot winners.

I did mention on the Head Comp original message
    Please note the amount of Staff related heads that can be shortlisted will be restricted. This may be something to consider when creating heads.
    With this in mind, it will not impact the original voting process which will be explained more to everyone this weekend.

This is correct. A one time, never to happen again decision was made by Noobcrew to swap the head to match more with the theme of heads that we had. Both heads were loved the same but the 2nd most voted was chosen instead. This will not happen again.

I hope this clears up some things, happy to answer questions where necessary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. masterCircle

masterCircle Active Member

This does clear up a bit more and gives me more insight on what has happened. Thank you Megan!

• Friendly Friendly x 1