A Formal Farewell

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Sam, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Hey everyone. For those of you who know me, I’m surprised you’re still sticking around to see this. For those who don’t, my name is Sam, but I have also been known as Fight or Fight4Glory in this community. It does feel a little weird somewhat introducing myself as I write this farewell, but I believe that is the nature of making a post far past my prime.

My life has taken me far away from this server and the great people I once knew here. I’m 21 now and I am a very different person from the 10 year old who first tried out this server. I unfortunately have not maintained contact with really anyone from here, so I don’t have a way to reach some of the people I want to directly. There was a time in my life where most of time and thought went into this server and the community here, and therefore the people here majorly shaped my life and my way of thinking. I was exposed to different ways of living than what I was raised with, different nationalities, and overall people who were in one way or another unlike something J experienced in my own life. These different types of people helped me understand myself and others better than I could have ever imagined from a simple Minecraft server. I’ve had times where I think I understood that formative experience and have been thankful for it. I’ve also had some times where I clearly haven’t understood that. With age and retrospect, things always become clearer and I’ve had a lot of time recently to reflect. Because of that, I decided to write this post to make my thanks and farewell formal.

I have said goodbye before, in a much nastier way, which I’ll make it easy for you all to see here. And subsequently made an apology for here. Because these threads exist, I don’t want to spend any time talking about what I did or didn’t do here. Any other questions about my time here can be easily found through the history of the my profile page.

But for me, I consider this my finale. I check on these forums every once in a while just to see how things are, but those checks have slowly become few and far between. I have also spent the past like hour and a half going through the way back machine to revisit the forums here from when I remember it and having memories come to me quickly. I can imagine that I will still check here from time to time when I think of it, but my lack of activity on here makes it clear that I’m done. I wanted to formally close this chapter of my life because of its meaning to me, so here we are.

Thank you to everyone here who has taught me anything, one way or another. Until I die, I am sure that I will remember the time I had here. You’ve meant everything to me.

Goodbye and I love you all.

(P.S I’ve changed my avatar for the first time in years, I think it reflects me better now.)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  2. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    Thanks for being with us for a while :> Good luck in your future endeavors

3. Souly0622

Souly0622 Moderator Moderator

:heart: best of luck in life, this community will always be here for you

4. Roblox

Roblox Senior Member

IGN:
    RobloxianRoblox
    All the best Sam!

5. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Good luck for the future :)

6. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    Good luck Sam xxx

7. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    See you Fight4Glory. God I remember you way back. Good luck and love you :heart:

8. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Best of luck with whatever your future holds!

9. woahitsaustin

woahitsaustin Helper Helper

IGN:
    woahitsaustin
    gl in life man! Hope things go well for u