_Geeky's Moderator application - NET.

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by _Geeky, Nov 19, 2016.

1. _Geeky

_Geeky Member

Why hello there! Welcome to my moderator application.

About me:

My name is Isaiah and I am 14. Most of you (presumably) know me in-game, as I have played on this server since December 2015. Playing here and meeting people has been thoroughly enjoyable, and I can see myself staying here for much longer. From the age of 2, I have loved video games, my dad had introduced me to different games along the years, all the way from Galaga up until the release of Battlefield 4. Sadly, on February 1st 2016, He died of brain cancer. This has effectively strengthened me over time, allowing me to mature at a faster pace than I would have originally. I am currently home-schooled and do year 10 maths, and do accelerated learning in other subjects.

In-game name:

My in-game name is currently 0mf.
    (I am planning to change it back to _Geeky soon.)

Which time zone are you in?

AEST (UTC+10)

Which country do you live in?

I live in Australia; I have lived in multiple states, but have settled down once and for all in Victoria.

What languages do you speak?

I speak fluent English, and I am learning German.

Do you have 2FA enabled?

Yes.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

Yes, I have F2, Gyazo, Imgur, and Fraps.

Why do you think you should become a moderator?

When I first heard about this server through a friend of mine, I was very interested, before then I hadn't thought much of minecraft, but as I continued to play on the server through my friend's account, I became more and more a part of the community, so much so that I ended up buying my own minecraft account. I have been dedicated to this server since the day I had played minecraft and still am, this server is such an amazing place, with great people, and endless possibilities. Now onto some reasons why I should be promoted.

Helpful:

I love to help everyone and anyone, whether it be deep and meaningful conversations until 3am, or fixing someones cobble generator, I will be there to help. I have always been passionate about helping others, and I feel as if it is one of the main reasons I am on the server.

Unbiased:

I like to think of myself of a rather unbiased person. I look at both arguments and decide what the correct decision to make would be in the given situation. I believe that both sides deserve an equal chance to explain their views, and no matter whom it is, I will not listen to any one player less than I would to another.

Honest:

I am an honest person. I will be honest in whichever situation I am faced with. Whether it be brutally honest, or an honesty that comforts, I will tell the truth. I understand in my past I have lied, although, I have matured a lot since then. I will be completely honest from now forth.

Trustworthy:

I am a trustworthy person, from deep secrets to other's belongings, I'll keep it safe. I know how it feels to be so-called 'Back-stabbed' by someone, I will not lie or betray you in any way shape or form. I will be able to be trusted to be there when needed, and will assist you in any way I can.

Friendly:

I am an extremely friendly person, I treat others as I like to be treated. I love to gain friendships with others, forming connections and helping them out along the way. I am a very social person who will assist many people, no matter what it is.

Serving:

I love to serve, no matter what it is, I will do it, whether it be making a cobblestone platform for someone without /fly, or creating vast structures, I will serve. "Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth." 1 John 3:18. (Yes I am christian.)

Humble:

I personally do not like talking about myself all too much. I love to think of others highly, and treat them well. "To be humble is not to think less of yourself, It is to think of yourself less" Is one of my all-time favourite quotes, as it represents what being humble is.

Maturity:

Overall, I am a mature person. Sure, everyone can be a bit crazy at times, but when it's needed, I can be a very mature person. If dealing with large amounts of stress, I will organise it so that I can take it step by step, getting the work done without negatively affecting myself.

Leadership:

I believe myself to have great leadership skills, being able to gather, and organise groups of people to do a task well. I will make sure to take the work load for anyone who may be struggling, allowing them to go at their own pace. This can allow the group to gain a better end result to the task at hand.

Multitasking:

I am very good at multi-tasking. I can hold many conversations at once, Help more than one person at a time, or do a mix of everything. Multi-tasking allows me to do work very efficiently.

Smart and Quick to learn:

I am doing school-work 2 years above my age level, and I am a very quick learner, my dad used to teach me coding which I picked up very easily, so some commands here and there couldn't be too hard.

Activity:

Here is a rough timetable of my activity:

Monday: 12am - 2am and 10am - 12am
    Tuesday: 12am - 2am and 10am - 12am
    Wednesday: 12am - 2am and 10 am - 12 am
    Thursday: Currently unsure, If things go to plan, 12am - 2am, and 10 am - 12am
    Friday: Also depends, but either way: 4pm - 12am
    Saturday: 12am - 12am (with breaks of 30 min - an hour)
    Sunday: 3pm - 12am

What is this thing you call a life? Where do I get one?

How long have you been playing skyblock?

I first became active in December 2015.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (in-game)

Sadly, yes. Once back as a greenie when I started playing and another a while after. I have learnt from these and plan to keep a clean slate for the rest of my time here.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

Yes. I have owned a server, and have had moderator on multiple servers. Most of which were shut down due to the new EULA of Mojang. I am farmiliar with a lot of the commands and have a good eye in spotting illegal things such as spam and swearing.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?

50 post count - Tick!
    Member for at least 2 weeks - Tick!
    Skype or TS3 for offline communication - Tick and Tick!
    2FA enabled - Tick!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear all whom have made it this far: It truly means a lot to know that you have taken time out of your day to read this application. Please leave a response down below with advice, and a support/no support status. I am open to all criticism, so please leave anything you may want to say down below in the comments. Thankyou again. ~Geeky ^-^

• Support Support x 18
    • No Support No Support x 5
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  2. Sheily

Sheily Active Member

IGN:
    xSheilyy
    Support, maybe be work on being more active. Besides that everything is great!

Good Luck ~Frutie!!! :happy:

3. _Geeky

_Geeky Member

Thanks!! And i think it may be time-zones, As i am on quite a bit. But thanks for the feedback :>

4. Sheily

Sheily Active Member

IGN:
    xSheilyy
    No problem! :)

5. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    SUPPPORT WHY DIDNT U TELL ME RIGHT WHEN U POSTED IT dddddddddddddddd: I WOULD BE THE FIRST
    still support

6. _Geeky

_Geeky Member

Sorry xD

But thankyou for the support :heart:

7. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

No support for now. You have a some more maturing to do first. Also have more in depth knowledge of of the game/server.

8. _Geeky

_Geeky Member

Thankyou for the feedback, I'll work on that.

As for knowledge I have spent plenty of time looking into how everything works, so I know it quite well. Thankyou for the feedback :)

9. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

Support

:):):):):):).):):):)

10. IllegalWiFi

IllegalWiFi Guest

Support just be more active. :)

11. xXSirusXx

xXSirusXx Member

SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT1

12. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Support, Geeky. Just be a tiny bit more active on the forums and you'll be fine.
    Good luck c;

13. _Geeky

_Geeky Member

Thankyou all, as for forums, I'm on alot but I dont usually post, but I'll work on getting more active :heart:

In-game I'm on a lot but I never see you on, wifi. Timezones? either way I'll get on more, Thanks again guys :>

14. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    How do we know that you will not leave again?

At-the-moment no support.

15. marsh_x

marsh_x Active Member

OMG GEEEKKYY!!! SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT U WOULD MAKE AN AMAZING MOD! ILYYYY :>

16. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

Supppoooorttt.

17. rootbeer2222

rootbeer2222 Active Member

no need to read

support

18. _Geeky

_Geeky Member

Thankyou all so much, This really means a lot c:

Prior to the breaks a major event happened, First was my dad being in hospital, on his final week, and the second was a new school. As previously stated I am now home-schooled and will not be attending a school as I am in accelerated learning. I understand your concerns, but there is no need to worry :)

19. amy

amy Guest

SUPPORTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :heart:

20. _Geeky

_Geeky Member

Thankyou Amy c:

Any advice on how to improve anything?