✮-=xXEmeraldDaveXx=-✮-=Moderator Application [.NET]=-✮

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by EmeraldDave, Jan 22, 2016.

1. EmeraldDave

EmeraldDave Active Member

IGN:
    Oakboat
    [​IMG] :tonguewink:xXEmeraldDaveXx's Moderator Application For [.Net]:tonguewink:

Old Mod app
    Hello! My name is xXEmeraldDaveXx. People often refer me as Lee or in game people often just call me just Dave Or Emerald

What am i applying for: Mod

Server: Skyblock.net
    Thank you for taking your time to read my mod application it does really mean a lot to me! And when i say a lot i mean a lot. :happy:
    I know that moderating takes maturity I can be very mature

-Your in-game name:
    My in game name is xXEmeraldDaveXx just like my forum name
    I've Had a lot of different in game names in the past such as
    Davelee11
    xXEmeraldPvpXx
    xXPvpDaveXx
    And etc

-What time zone are you in?
    Greenwich Mean Time
    I live in the UK

What languages do you speak?

I speak fluent English

Have you ever been banned? (if yes, why?)
    Yes i have been banned on this faction server for using xray on a server which was not allowed and I have learnt from my mistakes and this will never happen again.

Why do you think you should be mod?
    I Would like to be mod because i like to help people and answer peoples questions. I am a long-term player on this server i really enjoy playing I've been playing for i think at least 1st jan 2012 with my friend. Anyone spamming in chat i will know to give them a warning bye /msg or kicking them if they do not listen to my msg. I will be able to help any player who is struggling to craft something if they are new to minecraft or just new to the server.

I am knowledgeable about different permissions, island commands, and Commands
    I am very Patience With People
    I am also very Honest/Mature person
    I would like the role to be able to help accomplish things for the server and to answer players
    questions
    I am very approachable and friendly and always ready to help:)
    Im also very organised person (Always)
    I am very trustworthy (Because i played on this server for a long time the owner gave me op because he wanted me to look after his server while he was on holiday and that's what i did)
    I don't choose sides even if I'm dealing with best friends or just people i know
    I can make others laugh and smile on the grayest of days
    I'm always ready
    I'm good at keeping everything under control
    I will watch the chat making sure it stays PG - rated all the time.
    Since I am a fast typer it is very easy to respond to questions nearly straight away
    I am respectful to anyone no matter what the situation is or even if there being mean to me
    If I do anything wrong I know that I have to admit it
    I'm rather active on the forums and in-game
    I think i am a bit weird.. I see that as a good thing as it makes me stand out i think :lurk:

What do I kick for ?:
    Spam (3+Lines)
    Caps (4+Letters)
    Sexual Content
    Swearing
    Racism
    Disrespect (Players or Staff)

What do I ban for?
    Advertising Server IP's
    Hack Clients / Hacking
    Hack Threats in chat or /msg
    DDoS Threats in chat or /msg
    Bad mods like fly mods/more
    Asking for personal info (Passwords, Addresses, Phone numbers.)
    Mods(Fair mods such as optifine and amour/health indicator don't count as kick/ban)

How long can you be active on the server every day?
    I am a very active player on skyblock.net
    I can be active daily I admit i have a lot of homework to do however I will always find time for a bit of skyblock.
    1/2 hours weekdays
    2/3 weekends deepens on what I'm doing over weekend
    I apologize if I can't be online all the time i will try my best
    Lets say i will try so hard to get on when i can

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?:
    Yes I have had my own server so i have been a owner myself and I've been mods on two servers well I've been head mod once and just mod I have much to learn and i am eager to learn much more I hope that you will accept me as a moderator so i cant learn new things

Rules:
    Here are the rules that I remember when playing Skyblock:

1: Do not advertise other servers.
    2: Do not grief, steal or bridge to other islands / Do not trade dirt,ironbuckets,sand,etc
    3: Do not spam or use offensive language.
    4: Do not island farm.
    5: Be respectful
    6: Do not ask for staff items or ranks

My Age and more:
    I am 14
    I am
    dyslexic so i hope you will still accept me for who i am I will try so hard to get better at spelling i promise.

contact me:
    I have Skypebut i will have to private message you the username because its private hope that makes sense
    Im online on this forum quite a lot

Please Send me nice feedback or if you will leave bad feedback please tell me what i need to improve on Thanks again.

This concludes my moderator application, thank you so much for taking time to read it!
    ~xXEmeraldDaveXx :D

• No Support No Support x 2
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. Starclxn

Starclxn Active Member

Apart from the spelling because of dyslexia, it looks pretty good. Maybe add background/longer history if you choose to.

3. EmeraldDave

IGN:
    Oakboat
    Thanks for the comment i appereciate it :D

4. Holly

Holly Active Member

Things to correct:

You can just say no for this. It just wants to know if you have been banned on skyblock :p.

This is a confusing homophone I know, but the correct spelling is by* (just so you don't get a bad spelling rate).

For the "How long can you be active on the server?" make it a table, for example:
    Monday 6pm-9pm
    Tuesday 7pm-8pm
    etc...(try be on at least 2 hrs a day)

Okay so for now I am going to give you 60% support :p

Here are my reasons:
    1)The colour will irrate people slightly, so get rid or it. Just have it black and the titles in bold/underlined.
    2)Don't write everything in bullet points! Just have reasonably sized paragraphs or sentences. for example change this:

To something like this:

3) Possibly add more to this ^^ section as well, and go deep into why you are passionate about becoming a moderator, and what the job of a moderator is exactly.
    4)I really like your enthusiasm and believe you are a very kind person, but you also might need to include how you will enforce the rules.
    5)You seem like you know what it takes, but you might need to add more to express that you do :D!!

I really like you, and you seem really kind! Also I have a dyslexic friend in my year and she is awesome :p.

Best of luck, and also please take this into consideration to fully show your potential :D ~

5. EmeraldDave

IGN:
    Oakboat
    Would a dark color work ? not just back somethink else ?

6. Holly

Holly Active Member

Something like this colour would be okay.
    But I am just saying because a lot of people always comment on it :)

But have the questions like this!

7. EmeraldDave

IGN:
    Oakboat
    Omg thanks it worked

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  8. EGirl900

EGirl900 Member

Cons
    -Add a little more detail to the "Why do you think you should be mod?" section.
    Pros
    -I see you in game a lot
    -I see you Asking people if they need help in chat
    90% Support

9. EmeraldDave

IGN:
    Oakboat
    Thanks for the support realy does mean a lot to me:D

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  10. EmeraldDave

IGN:
    Oakboat
    Thanks for the support :D
    I will do the rule bit tommow :D I still haven't done this will try do it when I have time

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  11. EmeraldDave

IGN:
    Oakboat
    Anyone have any think else for me to work on ? :)

12. KiraKitty

KiraKitty Well-Known Member

You cannot buy horse eggs at warp trade (the 1st picture you posted ):p

Other than that (and obviously the spelling) you seem like a wonderful person. I understand you have a good reason for the spelling errors, and I'm glad to see that you did your best anyway;).

13. EmeraldDave

IGN:
    Oakboat
    Oh really there's no horse spawners at /warp trade oh... Ok I will tell that person I'm sorry tommow

14. KiraKitty

KiraKitty Well-Known Member

That's okay, we all make mistakes :)

15. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

90% Support
    Have not seen you online

16. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Well-Known Member Premium

WHY IS MY ADBLOCK PLUGIN NOT STOPPING THIS POPUP- oh it's a Moderator application?! This is going to be amazing to read.

Right off the bat: Remove your screenshots. Nothing in them is helping you on this application. Also: That wall of images is making me want to stab my browser with a knife forged with the sharpest Edge that Microsoft can make.

Let's get this rolling like Limp Bizkit.

Make this section vanish, David Blaine. Not helping you and this is actively making people want to throw toilet paper at your house.

Now THAT is a level of enthusiasm you do not see outside of a methamphetamine clinic. Your smiley-to-text ratio is simply outstanding, you may want to cut back on that a little before a random cheerleader group adopts you as a mascot.

You are also duplicating information the template will ask you, most of this section is not needed.

May I call you "Etsy"? Awesome. My dear enthusiastic Etsy I need to point out the question is "What is your in-game name?". The answer is: xXEmeraldDaveXx. Skip the biography, you have more triple-X theme going on than Vin Diesel's film career.

+1 for getting the "timezone" question correct. An amazing amount of people blow this one like Chernobyl.

+1 again, concise and to the point. Your introduction was a Las Vegas-themed horror show but the rest of this application seems to be shaping up, sir.

Cool story, bro. REMOVE THE SECOND LINE. No-one cares about bans on a different server, sir. Admitting to a history of foul play only hurts your application. There are no prizes for naked, weeping honesty.

WAIT. Let me get another drink. This is going to be more fabulous than a crossdressing Mardi Gras parade and I want to be prepared.

Alright, proceed.
    Your capitalization is giving me grammatical seizures. Review your entire application, watch the capitalization and put in some apostrophes for the love of crippled kittens.

This is actually quite impressive. You have played here four years without a single ban? Your island must be absolutely insane, would you mind if I visited and took some pictures?

I see we've jumped straight to the "wish fulfillment" portion of the application. Reword this to explain that you're tired of seeing spam and would like to be able to clean it up.

This does not require Moderator powers. Remove, not helping your application.

Is your name "Wikipedia"? If not then please move this down the "Do you have experience?" section.

I dated a nice lady named "Patience" once. Her last name wasn't "People" though, for just a moment we almost had a beautiful reunion going on here.

What's that? "Off topic, doesn't belong in an application"? Completely agree.

Everyone lists this, sir. Constantly talking about how incredibly honest and mature you are tends to have the opposite affect: Everyone thinks anyone that has to talk about this can't really be honest (or mature).

Just reading your application and seeing how you respond to critique pretty much says all we need to know about your maturity level, sir.

DOES NOT REQUIRE MODERATOR to do this. Second time pointing this out, sir.

Helping does not require Moderator status. Third time pointing this out, reword or find a better qualification, sir.

Additionally "approachable and friendly" isn't a sought-after administrative talent. Vicious adherence to rules and brutal unbiased application of punishment are pretty much the defining traits.

Rewrite this to explain why anyone cares. Example: "I am very organized and keep records of all punishments. That way I can follow up or disprove a complaint immediately."

Excessively talking about how trustworthy you are makes you seem like a liar. This is the second time you've listed something like "honest, mature, trustworthy", sir. We assume you are, taking time out to talk about just how totally OMG honest you are at this will only hurt your application. Remove all of those sections.

You're a teenager playing a video game and looking for recognition from your peers. Your "weird" level is approximately ZERO PERCENT. Remove this "qualification".

This is a very realistic schedule. +1. Your spelling is atrocious-- what the heck is "deepens"??-- but you make a good point that no-one can be on all the time. Not my call whether or not 9 hours per week is going to be enough.

Did you kill them? Not accusing, just asking sir.

This is not part of the template. But why not, let's give it a read.

Oh wow, I am toatally dysexlic aslo! (true story) Your spelling is mostly fine, but your capitalization is a level of horrifying I can only describe as "compulsive mannequin mutilation". Having dyslexia does not excuse you from forgetting to capitalize your "I", that's just lazy textspeech behavior. Correct it, please.

-FANGIRL SCREAM-

Remove this section. This self-promotion is more blatant than tattooing your own name across your chest.

SIGN ME UP FOR THAT PRIVATE MASSAGE.

There may be a few minor adjustments, sir. Or just totally ignore this, my opinion means absolutely nothing. Good luck either way, sir.

You are quite welcome, that was very educational.

Support Status: Helping.jpg

17. EmeraldDave

IGN:
    Oakboat
    So you are saying its all bad basically

18. EmeraldDave

IGN:
    Oakboat
    Thanks for telling me what to improve on anyway Thank you :)

19. EmeraldDave

IGN:
    Oakboat
    -Thanks for the support
    -I'm allways online well depends on what I'm doing maby we have different time zones

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  20. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Well-Known Member Premium

Just needs some cleanup and a couple sections removed. Or completely ignore me, my opinions mean nothing. If everyone else likes your application, why make edits?

Quite willing to talk to you about any of this, sir. Either PM or in-game (if I can catch you on). When can I get that private massage...?