Global Disable Shop Teleportation

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by athena_x, Apr 20, 2024.

1. athena_x

athena_x Well-Known Member

IGN:
    creationism
    BEFORE YOU INSTANTLY DOWNVOTE, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ WHAT I AM PROPOSING.

As of right now, I run a mapart commission business on a public island. I use tradeshops along with privated doors to allow my clients to pick up their commissions anytime so I don’t have to hunt them down.

HOWEVER: Even with privated doors protecting the mapart shops, people still have the ability to teleport to tradeshops. What i am suggesting:

- Can we please get a per-shop option in the (shop creation) GUI to disable teleportation to specific shop(s)?
    OR
    - Can we please get a per-shop option in the (shop creation) GUI to hide our shops entirely from the /shops find command?

I do not see any negative benefits whatsoever to adding this feature, and it would just require a simple update/check on attempted teleportation (same as preventing TPs to locked islands)

• Support Support x 10
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  2. CraftWithAbbie

CraftWithAbbie Active Member

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Shops signs have space in their gui, easy to support this feature.

3. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    You can always use the old shop signs.

4. athena_x

athena_x Well-Known Member

IGN:
    creationism
    I have no idea how to do this

BUMP!

5. ace_

ace_ Member

IGN:
    AaceOofSpadess
    /warp chestshop

but i do kind of like this idea because the new system was supposed to "replace the old one"

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ~Sky~

~Sky~ Active Member

IGN:
    Skylandia
    This would be the better option, they should also remove locked islands from the shop search, and maybe even shops that are out of stock. Why display them if you can't use them?

7. 1_DarkLight_1

1_DarkLight_1 Active Member

IGN:
    1_DarkLight_1
    I agree with the locked island, but at least the new command shows how many trades are remaining. Yes, it's silly to show a shop without stock, but it's better than shooting in the dark.

That said, I would think the code for "don't display empty shops" would be easier to implement with a filter along the lines of "where 'Remaining Trades" > 0".