[SWE] AncientOak's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by AncientOak, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Become a member to no longer see this ad. :)

1. AncientOak

AncientOak Active Member

IGN:
    AncientOak
    Dear Skyblock Community

Introduction
    I would just like to start and thank everyone for clicking on and reading my application.

My name is Filip when you see me in-game feel free to call me Filip or either Oak, I am a 15-year-old student. I've got really good grads is school and I preform really good with my grades and my behavior when it comes to being kind, helpful, etc in school. I think I'm one of the better students in my class. When I'm not in school or studying, I love to come on skyblock and help people to get started and answer their questions about the server, I also play floorball. That's a Swedish sport that's really fun since you can play it all seasons, winter and summer, it doesn't really matter.

Oak, could you introduce yourself?

I am from Sweden. I am currently in high school still. I'm 15 years old. Did I mention... I love music whatever I’m going I’m always listening to music, although I am not a good singer or instrument player.

I've played Minecraft since 2013 and I joined the server late 2013/ early 2014. Official Introduction

Your in-game name:
    AncientOak
    (Previous Names)

What time zone are you in?
    Central Summer European Time (CET) (UTC +2) note: this is going to change when we get winter time (CET) (UTC +1).

What country do you live in?
    I live in Sweden.

What languages do you speak?
    English, Swedish and I'm taking lessons in French.
    Also since the Scandinavian languages are pretty close to each other,
    I can read danish and Norwegian pretty well.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No
    Yes, I do

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    Yes, OBS, Gyazo/Imgur and normal F2 screenshots.

Why do you think you should become a staff member?

Dependability
    I feel as I'm very dependable, I'm very well-known in the community of Skyblock in Economy, Skyblock, and Classic, and I feel people would trust me in various scenarios.

Self-Taught
    I'm great at teaching myself skills, I learn on my own using different techniques. If I were to receive a task and I didn't understand, I would be able to overcome this by myself. Of course, I'm not afraid to ask questions either but it's better to do things by yourself instead of asking all the time.

Helpful
    I feel as I'm one of the most helpful players on this server, I'm not only helping in chat asking questions. I'm more helpful than so, I often help players get started, building, etc. I'm helpful towards my parents and friends too and I help them out often.

Adaptability
    I am good at adapting myself in what scenario I'm in if people start making jokes and joke around it's easy for me to do so too. I'm flexible as a person and I can serious, funny, etc.. when I need to. This is a strength I'm very glad that I have.

Available/Active
    I'm available most of the time, when I'm not in-game I'm hanging around on discord and forums. I spend around 4 hours a day on discord, 3-5 in-game and like 1 hour on forums, of course, my time variates. But this is very normal for me.

Friendly
    I'm very friendly as a person, and everyone can talk to me. I value players the same and I'm gladly speaking to everyone, to be honest. That's the funniest part of the server chatting with others, so it's better to be friendly.

Familiarised
    I'm very familiarised with the commands, community, and rules on this server, and I feel like my experience as an applicant and player has given me all information I need to be a good staff member.

What does becoming helper mean to you?
    Being a staff in this server is the world to me, I can change and improve player experience's to keep a realistic and friendly environment. I am also helpful when people fight I sometimes make solutions and resolve problems. As a staff, I will contribute my time on changing the environment, make more reliable ideas and more great changes to the game. Make more players interested in this server while maintaining a reliable and enjoyable server

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    In-game: 3-4 hours and 4-6 hours on weekends, Discord: 3-4 hours, 4-7 hours on weekends, Forums: Mostly all the time, since I got access to my phone.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    I joined 2013/2014, and I've been playing since then, so I'm very familiar with all the commands and rules that this server has.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
    No

Do you have any previous moderation experience?
    Yes, I’ve been staff member on a lot of discord servers, but the one to notice is a server with 50 000+ members that I got trail staff on. I’ve moderated on smaller discord and Minecraft servers too but this hasn’t given me that much experience. I’m a referee too, this has given me a lot of experience how to act to younger people and how to act in different stressed situations. I got good talking skills too. I’ve been a secretary for my class and I love being leader for my class groups when we have group projects.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No
    Yes

• No Support No Support x 9
    • Neutral Neutral x 5
    • Support Support x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  2. Lobh

Lobh Active Member

IGN:
    Lobh
    Eyy bro nice to see you applying again. I will support your application. I speak to you quite often in game and on discord. Knowing how you are as a person and your ethics I feel you would fit right in. I know there will always be players that will think different but I do feel you would make a great staff member. Funny, Friendly, None biased, Mature!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Iced_Latte

Iced_Latte Member

i think you'd make a great mod, you're always friendly and helpful towards other players, and the skyblock community as a whole would benefit from you being a mod, full support, good luck!!

4. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Active Member

BertBerry you can’t just leave ratings and not explain yourself bro.

Anyways support oak.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
  5. AncientOak

AncientOak Active Member

IGN:
    AncientOak
    Thanks, appreciate your support.
    Thanks Maddie appreciate your support too.
    Pepsi, it's fine if Bert wanna do that, he doesn't need to explain his reasons if he doesn't want to, he might do it later though, but thanks for your support.

6. Prxc

Prxc Ruler Premium

IGN:
    JamesIsCancelled
    Please change your application colours, it genuinely hurts to read through.

Neutral - unsure of how capable you’d be as staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thinker

Thinker Member

IGN:
    sandhuwarrior
    Oak, you're a really good person and you help on forums a lot.

But I don't see you helping on skyblock.net

So, for now, I'm going neutral

8. VortextRAM

VortextRAM Member

Full support, i have been seeing you very active in game recently and on fourms, which is key to being staff but also you have helped me out personally and have also gave me good solid opinions on my map arts to help me improve so i appreciate that and think you deserve it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mikrokosmos

Mikrokosmos Active Member

no support for now but i am leaning for neutral i just need to see you in game and see what you do then i will probably go neutral

10. luckyluck13

luckyluck13 Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Togpuss

Togpuss Active Member

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Neutral. You are a very nice person, and quite funny! But I think you could work on your maturity. Don’t get me wrong, you are not immature, but you could be more mature. In addition to this, I don’t see you helping many people out. Also, you could be slightly more active in game as I usually only see you online for 1-2 hours per day, even though you are only an hour ahead in time zones. Good luck on your application! I might rethink my decision at a later date! ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. AncientOak

AncientOak Active Member

IGN:
    AncientOak
    Thanks cupcake, really appreciate those words from you :)
    Okay laini,

Firstly, What could I change the colors to? Some more basic color like gray?

Finally, what could I potentially change to convince others that I am capable for the role?

Regards,
    Oak

I do help a lot through private message, I don’t know if you want me to start helping in the general chat too. When they need more help rather than a quick answer I think it’s better helping private to prevent spam.
    Thanks vortex, glad to see you appreciating what I do on the server.
    Alright, this might be time zones I am not sure, but thanks for your criticism, I will try to work on my activity :)
    Thanks lucky :)
    Thanks tog,

Firstly, I wonder what do I do to act “immature”, is it the way I type or what causes your thoughts?

Additionally, I am online more than 2 hours mostly everyday, I think it has to do with when I am online. But as stated above I will work on my activity.

Finally, since you think I need to be more active, I would like to know which platform I should work on mostly.

Regards,
    Oak

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Prxc

Prxc Ruler Premium

IGN:
    JamesIsCancelled
    Well, if you wanted to continue with your red black theme, it’d be much nicer on the eye if you used these two colours. this and possibly this.

14. Togpuss

Togpuss Active Member

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I never said you were immature. You ate very mature but being a staff member, needs top level maturity, which I’m yet to see from you - not necessarily a bad thing. And 2 hours per day is not all that much.

15. Thinker

Thinker Member

IGN:
    sandhuwarrior
    Well it doesn't prove you help anyone

16. Togpuss

Togpuss Active Member

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I agree with Ekan here. I always used to help in private message to prevent spam until I got notified that people didn’t think I helped anymore, so more recently I have been helping in general chat more. I still help even more in direct messages as I haven’t got used to my new was completely yet.

17. AncientOak

AncientOak Active Member

IGN:
    AncientOak
    Alright, but I told you I am online more than 2 hours a day also, what platform do I need to improve my activity on?
    Im just saying I’m helpful through private messages, should I start helping more in general, what do you think? As I stated I don’t wanna seem “spammy” when I help in chat, that’s why I prefer private message. Also helpfulness doesn’t all come with answering questions in chat, it’s all from helping people to get started to help your close friends with tasks they ask you to do.

Kind regards,
    Oak

18. Togpuss

Togpuss Active Member

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Helping in private chat is a lot better.

19. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Active Member

He shouldn’t be dropping neutral ratings and not explaining himself and considering he is a mod. He should give reasons for you to get better. I find it unprofessional

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. VortextRAM

VortextRAM Member

Its not Oaks fault if bert is being unmature about ratings, however though in most instances "Neutral" means No words, as in you dont choose a side and you dont have much reasoning too.

• Disagree Disagree x 2

Become a member to no longer see this ad. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.