[Skywars] We all knew this was coming

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Moee, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION OR CRY FOR ATTENTION TO SKYWARS. I AM ATTEMPTING TO HAVE A DISCUSSION ABOUT THE GAME.

Now lets get into it. Both skyblock and economy, heck, even /classic are getting insane player numbers that we havent seen in a long time. However, /skywars tries but fails to even get 4 players in a single game. I understand that economy needs attention right now, I simply think that skywars deserves attention next. I dont really know what it needs, but some of you might have ideas. Tell me what you think would be good.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  2. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    kits,actual mods, anti cheat , etc etc ive already tried man
    SEVERAL threads and nothing has happend

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Skywars Levels, Leaderboard, Kills/Deaths/Wins Stats, New Maps.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Nitro

Nitro Some Bot Premium

if they have the same anti cheat as mine verse it should be fine for a while, if it has the same as sb’s then it’s not going to have players.

5. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Yes, yes. What's the point of having skywars if it's just abandoned?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

I don't play since anyone can cheat and nothing can be done because mods can't do anything on skywars even after like 7+ months of it being here

7. (robbie)

(robbie) Experienced Member

they have bigger problems to focus on that isn't skywars i think. like their player count for starters. it seems to have significantly go down since i was last here 3-4 months ago, they used to be able to get a steady 100-150 throughout the day. now it's alot less it seems. they need advertising and a more steady player base before they add in another game mode that has very little potential since you can find it on every other god damn server now adays. overall, although yes, it does sound fun to have a skywars with players in it, it wouldn't be a good business move unless they have some way they can make their skywars incredibly unique, which isn't likely to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    I think the main issue is to have more players go on skywars more often, like if we can't even get that happening first whats the point of all the additions perks, ranks, kits, etc. Like all these suggestion on how to make skywars are useless if no one goes on the actually skywars server.

9. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    ^^^ Exactly. However, we still get 150 players daily, although they are split between ORG and NET (for example, right now there are 80 people in net and 60 on org.)

10. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    I used to remember skywars was actually a thing back in the days. Oh How I miss 2015 and 2016

11. (robbie)

no matter how you put it, it's always going to be two seperate servers they need to take care of individually, with that being said i wouldnt say 150 daily. i'd say 80-100 .net daily 60-80 .org or whatever. i dont know the actually statistics but you get the deal

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    I'm looking at this with a "build it, and they will come" perspective. Most players have abandoned skywars because noone plays it anymore, or the bugs. Fixing the bugs and sprucing up the game would bring more players, attracting more players.

13. (robbie)

you definetly should find a different perspective, because that's not the case, since it's built and there's nobody there.
    players have abandoned skywars because of the same reason they've abandoned the rest of the server, it gets boring and over played, really easily. not for some bugs/hypetrain.

fixing the bugs would get players on for a week or so, then they'd get bored again. there needs to be incentive for them to keep playing, and there's absolutely none on the server. would you really wanna play a vanilla game where you get no reward for other then a number next to your name?
    it's a default for humans, if they won't get anything out of it, they're not gonna do it.

14. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    I probably won't be taken seriously, since my recent actions have been me messing around, but this is my honest opinion. :/

Skywars has been open for ages now, and hardly anything has been changed at all. While I was staff, we repeatedly asked for Skywars permissions, because there were multiple reports we couldn't handle. I had many suggestions that were all in writing, yet nothing came of them. Skywars was, and pretty much has been abandoned.
    We essentially just watched the few players who genuinely wanted to play skywars, give up, because there was just chaos that we couldn't stop.

Skywars was literally copied over from Mineverse. When we originally got it, it still had Mineverse links and stuff. It's still what, 1.8? It's in the worst condition I have seen, and I genuinely don't think it'll improve at this rate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  15. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    If that is the case then why not come to a conclusion that we should shuting down Skywar server until devs can actually work on it and then bring it back. It clearly shows that day by day the skywar server is not being used so why have it open? There has been many suggestion made on how we can make skywars better, make more people go, etc. But none has been implemented yet so why not have it down until it can be worked on. What do you think?

16. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    What should have happened was Staff being involved from the start.
    Instead, what happens is everything gets done with no input from the people who will be moderating and handling problems on the server.
    Instead of teaching people to spot hacks and remove hackers, staff weren’t even given permissions.
    Then when people make threads about how dead said server is, it’ll just be removed, and I can bet the cycle will start over again.

Thank you for actually listening to my points rather than claiming that I’m “just a salty ex mod, who clearly doesn’t care about the server”. If I didn’t care, I wouldn’t have bothered to stick around or even make this post. Let’s hope, as a community, that something can be done.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  17. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    Honestly, if they aren't going to fix it, they just need to remove it because it's doing nothing but wasting space.

• Amazing Amazing x 1
  18. DegenerateGnome

DegenerateGnome Active Member

IGN:
    DegenerateGnome
    Odd suggestion here, but hear me out. Years ago there was a server (its gone, been gone for years) but it's gimmick was zombie hordes, you pick a class (similar to skyblocks /ma j) and just survive on these maps. It was infinite and the better you did the higher your server level goes up. A system similar to this would help Skywars greatly. The option to do maps where you slay mobs (but unlike /ma j they are actual maps, not an arena) and try and survive as long as possible. Only PvP isn't the most appealing thing in modern minecraft (even MC hunger games servers have a lower playercount nowadays, and we all remember how insanely popular those used to be) people need other options to burn your time.

19. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    This might just be a beautiful idea. However, it might be diverging from the skyblock core of this server.

20. Sumner

Sumner Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Apparency
    skywars was so fun when it first came out