Withdrawn XxExtremeKidxX's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by abb, Aug 19, 2019.

?

Do you think i'm good enough to be a helper?

1. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Yes

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. No

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  4. I don't know

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abb

abb Active Member

IGN:
    justabb
    Hey everyone! Welcome to my helper application. Let me tell you a bit of my past. So in the past, I have applied for mod and helper i believe, I have applied about 3 - 5 times if i remember. I didn't really listen about me needing to have the requirements so i just kept applying, and also when i was in classic sb, I always overreacted about quitting and stuff. I was like a 3-year-old kid. Anyways, that was a bit of my past now lets get on to the application.

Your in-game name :
    IGN: XxExtremeKidxX NICKNAME: ItZmEhExTrEmE

What time zone are you in?
    (GMT +8)

What country do you live in?
    I am born from Singapore, but i live in Hong Kong

What languages do you speak?

Since i'm born from Singapore, of course i can speak English. I also can speak Chinese, or Putonghua

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes / no
    I think i do have 2FA enabled I'm not sure about that
    Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? ( i.e. recording software,
    screenshots, etc)

I can do screen recording using my phone or i can take screenshots.

Why do you think you should become a helper?
    I think i should become a helper because i am:

Helpful: I love helping others out! Whenever i'm free sometimes i will ask if anyone needs help for free or if they want to pay me. Sometimes when someone asks a question, i see that some people don't answer their question(s), so i just answer them. And also sometimes i'll help out if someone says that someone griefed them or scammed them. After i deal with it, sometimes i'll just go on discord and tell a mod.

Trustworthy: Every time when someone trusts me, some of them just forgets to untrust me. So i just remind them to untrust me from their island. In the past, if i remembered correctly, I stole stuff from a player which was my friend. No one found out about it, but now i'm telling you guys now! I have changed and i have grown up. I now never grief nor scam anymore.

Funny: Sometimes i can be quite funny. But most of the times i don't really tell jokes. If someone is sad or angry i will cheer them up with some jokes or riddles.

How long can you be active on the server every day?
    To be honest, I can be on for a long time, even if i have school or school holidays i still can play!
    Monday: 3 - 6+ hours
    Tuesday: 3 - 6+ hours
    Wednesday: 3 - 6+ hours
    Thursday: 3 - 6+ hours
    Friday: 3 - 10+ hours
    Saturday: 4 - 12+ hours
    Sunday: 3 - 6+ hours

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    I have been playing Skyblock since i think 2016 so 3 years.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
    No, I haven't been banned in the past on Forums nor In-game.

Do you have any previous helper experience?
    Yes! I have. But I was a mod on a server. But sadly my computer broke so i don't have the server anymore. It was fun being a mod on that server. Hopefully i can find that server again and it isn't closed down.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No
    Yes. I do.

Thank you for reading my helper application and thanks for your feedback!

• No Support No Support x 4
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  2. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    No support don’t see you in game also I think you should re make your colors. Make sure to spell everything right to since people don’t like when it’s grammar/spelling errors in applications

Best of luck!
    ~Oak

3. abb

abb Active Member

IGN:
    justabb
    Maybe timezones?
    sorry

4. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with Oak on the colors, I won’t even bother reading it until you change the colors maybe do more solid colors and get rid of the bright colors.

5. abb

abb Active Member

IGN:
    justabb
    ok now?

6. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Its not the application I'm worried about, but just forums, discord, and in-game behavior and activity. I hardly see you on either of the three and not helping out. No support but I hope that changes soon. Best of luck.

7. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    No support.
    Apart from the obvious lack of activity and dedication, let's take a look at the application.

Of course, I don't expect you to check every single little detail, but Two-Factor Authentication is a big deal. We've had problems with it in the past which resulted in mods getting hacked, players getting banned, etc. Checking if you have it enabled is not hard, and if you cannot make the small effort to check whether or not it is activated, then are you sure you want to become a moderator? I mean, it's a big responsibility and it takes a lot more effort than just clicking two buttons to see if something is enabled. Here, I'll give you a link: https://skyblock.net/account/two-factor

Screen recording using your phone is not useful here, unless you somehow manage to get Java Minecraft on your phone. This question is pretty straight forward. What do you use to take screenshots? Gyazo? Imgur? A calculator?

Even small servers have some type of advertisement online. If you were a mod on that server, I'm pretty sure you should at least remember the name. If you remember the name, you should try googling it. If no results whatsoever show up, then the server was probably very small. Now, does moderating a server with little to no player base give you useful moderating experience?

I think you should display other traits. These, apart from being extremely common, are (in my opinion) don't make you really qualified. Don't get me wrong, being helpful and trustworthy are very important. However, not griefing someone who forgot to untrust you is not really being trustworthy, it's just having ethics and morals. Being funny does not qualify you for staff, you don't need the rank and the perks to be funny. You can also ask in chat if someone needs help without being staff. And asking for a payment for helping someone? No way, Jose.

Hopefully you can change my mind soon. Looking forward to seeing you in game.

8. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    No support never seen you in game you need to fix up the colors and most of your application
    Good luck

9. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Absolutely no support, your application burnt my eyes, and you keep quitting and rejoining.

10. abb

abb Active Member

IGN:
    justabb
    I don't really remember it
    Do you see me in game? If not maybe its timezones srry
    Well i don't really see u in game too. Maybe timezones too
    That was in the past, on classic sb. now i have changed.
    I know that im not active on forums and discord.
    As i said maybe timezones. Sometimes when i'm free i might help out. I also don't really see you in game as well but its ok.

11. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    With that being said, my stance likely will not change until your activity on the three platforms significantly changes. Best of luck.

12. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    you need to be active on them.

13. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I've known you for quite a while now and from my rememberance (which is in all honesty, not that great at all) we had a rough start.

Before I was banned, we got along great and I was helping you with rebuilding some parts of your island.

Now to the part that matters: but no support.
    If you wanted a decent chance in becoming a mod, you need to:
    - Be more active in chat (I see you online, just not in chat until 20 minutes after you join)
    - help out new players
    - maintain a positive and helpful attitude towards other players

And most importantly

- Improve your activity on not just Minecraft. There's a discord and of course the forums as well, which if you're active on will improve your chances greatly.

Anyways Good Luck, hopefully some time in the next year or two I can change my opinion and make this more positive :)

14. abb

abb Active Member

IGN:
    justabb
    Thx for the tips PC :heart:
    i will now.

15. abb

abb Active Member

IGN:
    justabb
    i think this application should be closed and i will improve like be active on discord, forums and in-game.

16. Thinker

Thinker Active Member

I agree with Oak about that, but I do not see you in game and not helping out that much.
    No support

17. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Application withdrawn at applicant's request.

This thread has been moved to Withdrawn/Inactive Applications | Skyblock Forums.

The applicant may report this post anytime within the next 90 days to request that the application be reopened. After that time, the applicant will need to create a new application if they still wish to be considered.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.