Wolfie's guide to Skyblock

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by Wolfie, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

The beginning
    Your adventure starts in the spawn, where you have to do /newisland to start you amazing new journey.
    [​IMG]
    On every island you will find several blocks of dirt, three sand blocks and a tree; those will help you in your journey. In the chest in front of your spawnpoint, you will find two ice blocks, a lava bucket, one of each mushroom, one sugar cane, one melon slice, one pumpkin seed and one cactus. However, island farming is against the rules, since every player has to have a certain number of dirt blocks, sand and starter items.

[​IMG]
    By breaking logs from a tree, a sapling will fall from the leaves, letting you replant you tree in the future. If you don't get any saplings, or they fall into the void, don't restart your island, you can simply do /kit sapling and two saplings will appear in your inventory.

[​IMG]
    The next thing you are going to do is make a cobblestone generator. As shown in the image above, you need to have a 4 blocks space to make one. A cobblestone generator is an extremely important structure in the start, without cobblestone it's almost impossible to play. You are obviously going to need a pickaxe to mine the cobblestone blocks, that is why there is a tree on your island.

[​IMG]
    You are going to need some vegetables to eat and feed animals. To do so, you are going to have to make yourself a hoe to make the dirt plantable. The most useful plants are sugarcanes, used for paper, carrots, used to breed pigs/rabbits and to eat, and wheat, used to make bread, cakes, cookies and to breed cows and sheep. But, make sure to plant your crops near a water source, so they can grow quicker. If you don't want to wait for the crops to grow, you can always ask players if they can give you some bones or bone meal to grow the plants, or you can visit some islands and kill some skeletons, for example, /visit Mingo_x is an amazing island for gathering mob drops.

[​IMG]
    Skyblock has an amazing community, everyone is always friendly and willing to help new players. Friends can visit you, or you can visit them by doing /visit [Player name]. But before you make your island visit-free, make sure to do /unlock to unlock your island to other players; if you want it locked, all you have to do is /lock. You don't have to live alone on your island, you can invite friends by doing /coop invite [Player name]. If you would like to kick someone from your coop because they have been naughty, just do /coop kick [Player name]. If you would like to leave someone's coop, all you have to do is /coop leave and you will be on your own again.

[​IMG]
    This is Warp Animal, you can access it by doing /warp animal. It is an older warp, bzt it's still working. Most of the players visit other players' islands, as I said before, Mingo_x is one of the best grinding islands, but the best part about /visit Mingo_x is that it's free for everyone! All you need to go mob grinding is a godded item, it is an item with all enchants that is used to kill mobs, to kill mobs with something powerful. If you don't know how to get a godded item, all you have to do is ask a Donor100 or higher to enchant your item.

[​IMG]
    In the picture above, you can see a chest with a sign saying Private on it. Putting a sign on a side of a chest will lock it for other players that are /trust-ed on your island, making it private. I would suggest you use the private chest for coops, if you want to keep some of your items private and not free to use.

[​IMG]
    This is a trade shop chest. It is used to earn grass or other items, as showm above, all you have to do is ask someone to come to your island to buy some items. But don't make your trade shops too expensive, because then players won't come to your shop as often. Here is the template you need to write on a sign, the sign must be placed on the chest, not on the sides:
    [Trade]
    Item I am selling
    Item I want to get for my item
    My username

[​IMG]
    This is Warp Info, which was made recently. Here you will find out most commands and similar about Skyblock. You can access it by doing /warp info. You can find farm ideas and such there as well.

[​IMG]
    This is the original Skyblock trade shop. You can buy all kinds of items there, such as nether items, flowers and all other kinds of blocks and decorations. Warp Trade has also got a public crafting and smelting area, as you can see on the left. On the other hand, on the right there is a living room where you can relax with your friends. You can access it by doing /warp trade.

[​IMG]
    As you can notice, this can be found in the same area as Warp trade. It's name is Warp crates. Here, you can open your vote keys, and maybe even get a rare key or buy a legendary key from the server co-owner, CypriotMerks. You can get vote keys by doing /vote in-game, then two links will show up, you have to click them both to get two keys and two grass blocks, but, it's not guaranteed you will only get those two items, you might be lucky and get a particle trail, or a even a disguise to disguise yourself as a mob. Rare keys are obtainable by opening vote crates, there is a low chance you will get one, or by voting and buying them from players. Legendary keys cost $10,00.

[​IMG]
    But never give up, even though you fall into the void, or you don't have enough grass blocks to buy anything. You will always find a player who is willing to donate you some grass, or even the items you wanted to buy. Our community cares about new players, and tries to help them, although not everyone will be able to donate at the time you ask them.

Ranks and kits
    Ranks on Skyblock go from Donor10 to Donor400. Donor250, or Skygod, and Donor400's have more perks than Donor50 or Donor100. You can also buy kits, there are Kit spawner, Kit cobblestone, Kit wood, Kit wool and Kit iron ingot, but there is always a kit that comes with a certain rank. Here are the ranks' prices and their colours:
    -Donor10- $10
    -
    Donor25- $25
    -
    Donor50- $50
    -
    Donor100- $100
    -
    Donor250 or Skygod- $250
    -
    Donor400- $400
    You can find the shop here: Skyblock | Welcome

Useful commands
    -/Trust [Player name]- makes a player be able to modify your island
    -/Untrust [Player name]- makes a player no longer be able to modify your island
    -/msg [Player name] [Message]- sends a player a private message
    -/r- used to reply to the last message you got
    -/nick [Wanted nickname]- only available for donor50 and higher. Makes you have a nickname in chat, rather than your username
    -/visit [Player name]- makes you visit a player's island, but you can do so only if that player's island is unlocked
    -/fly- Only available for donor50 and higher. Makes you be able to fly and not take fall damage
    -/warps- shows you all the warps that exist

Trading
    Scamming is one of the biggest problems here, people scam and make scammed players quit sometimes. My suggestions are that you should install a recording software, so you can get proof of someone scamming, then you should always take screenshots when about to make a trade and finally to be careful with who are you trading with. Trade shops are one of the best ways to prevent scamming, or even better, calling a moderator to watch over your trade. Rares are the most valuable items here, in that category you have heads, misc items like dragon eggs or end portal frames, and beacons/nether stars. However, there are illegal to trade items as well. In that category you have sand, dirt and buckets, there are more, but those are heads and such. You can see all illegal items at /warp illegals.

The Staff team
    This server, just like all others, has a Staff team that keeps the server nice and clean. We currently have two moderator categories, although there were three before. The current two are Super Moderator and Full Moderator. In the SuperModerator category we have Krissy , KatoKillsMyGPA , SakuraWolf and Lemonade . On the other hand, the FullModerator category is composed by Bossgamer , Emerald , GeoSkye , Sega_inc , Adrian_Monk_ , MindSensation , Natalia , Dough , IllegalWiFi , Love__ , Moonlight_Pixels , Myrmwife , Myrmidous , Agent , Akrill, Connortim9 , Crystal and many more to come in the future. We currently don't have many European moderators, that is why Cypriot is searching for them. Most of the moderators are from the USA, then we have others from all around the world. Krissy is currently the only Aussie moderator.

Final word
    I decided to make this thread to help you all, especially the new players. It took me a really long time and I really hope you liked it! I hope it helped some of you and if you think I missed something, tell me below. Thank you for reading :heart:.

• Like x 12
    • Useful x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Cookie x 1
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. ffeJ

ffeJ Active Member

this took wolfie 10 years to make. please give him some love

HE COULDNT JOIN THE REALM BECAUSE OF THIS THING!!!

3. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Amazing guide, Wolfie!
    It's clear you really took time to write this. Amazing work!

4. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

Thanks

Thank you so much, means a lot :heart:

5. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Neat guide c:

6. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

Awesome guide! Must have taken you forever ;)

7. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

And yes :p

8. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Amazing, it turned out great!

9. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

Thanks!

10. SashaBankzz

SashaBankzz Guest

This guide is so useful for greenies and people that are new!

11. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

Thanks. Means a lot to me that my work is appreciated :heart:

12. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

Bumping so people can see this!

13. Nooby

Nooby Well-Known Member

IGN:
    NoobyGaming
    OMGGG THIS IS THE BEST!!!

14. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

15. Cøsyy

Cøsyy Active Member

Perfect guide ;)

16. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

17. Lynse

Lynse Active Member

This would've helped me a lot when I was a noob xd I used to fumble around my island liek, wheres the shop, whats my name, why cant I fly, help I died. <noob it took me two years to actually become a pro so around last year x`D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

Aww, I wish I was here then, I would've helped you :/. But thanks :3

19. Lynse

Lynse Active Member

I was like such I noob, and I legit used to greif no lies like I was like. "I'm helping" I didn't know it was a rule for like 3 years. Then I tried to silk grass, and I was like if this works I'll be queen. xd

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

Bump, I will ask Rolly to bump this thread for me while I am gone. I am going to a scientific campus today and will have very few moments of wifi. I will miss you all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.