What really is mod abuse?

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Chub, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chub

Chub Active Member

This will probably be immediately locked because the mod is always right... but... I was muted for an hour after getting into an argument and it got to the point where members of the mod team were telling me to shut up and calling me immature and disrespecting me and the community by flaunting their power. However, I say something back and I get muted for it.

Honestly... I am questioning how I can be muted for what they were also doing.

Id like to say Dewmellon got me muted, not even an org mod.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  2. Clone

Clone Member

Depends, did they use the words "shut up" or were you paraphrasing? Calling you immature and disrespectful isn't abuse, but if they're blatantly getting into a public argument with you and muting you when you retort, they need to be hit down a peg on board of self righteousness.

3. Pizza

Pizza Well-Known Member

Please don't make assumptions that "the mod is always right". But also don't assume that it's considered mod abuse and flaunting power when a player gets muted. Your description of the argument isn't very clear, so maybe you were muted because the situation was causing a nuisance to the whole community.

4. Chub

Chub Active Member

I would like to point out they made the excuse of saying it was mod abuse to get me muted. I was sharing my opinions which frankly were not directed or offensive. It is also quite rude how someone who is not mod on org to tell another mod to mute me.

5. Naga

Naga Experienced Member

Well, depending on the situation of course. One question, what was this arguement about? If it's a "sensitive" subject, then moderators will react quickly. Of course, it's an opinion but depending on the subject, it might not be needed out there.

6. Pizza

Pizza Well-Known Member

The mods said it was mod abuse? o_O I'm confused.
    But I'm not saying the moderators aren't at fault. I don't know the whole story.

7. Chub

Chub Active Member

Yes they did.... What a excuse. Many people were backing me up but because 1 person with perms doesn't = a lame excuse of a mute.

8. Chub

Chub Active Member

It was about a ton of things Tubeless. I was trying to give feedback to the mods which they took personally even though I said no hate and not to take personally after asking permission to give said feedback.

9. Clone

Clone Member

Could we stop playing the procrastination game and actually get to what happened? Until you actually give a description of what exactly happened it wouldn't be good nor polite to give an opinion, and this isn't going to be handled with what you've given so far.

10. Pizza

Pizza Well-Known Member

Wait...that would be like..counterproductive.
    Why would a mod say that he/she is guilty of abuse and use that as an excuse to mute someone? I think you should sorta give a more detailed explanation of what happened.

11. Naga

Naga Experienced Member

Feedback is always sensitive. No-one wants to read/hear that you are in some way bad, at least I wouldn't. Since it was due to feedback, how did it escalate into an arguement?

12. Chub

Chub Active Member

People telling me to shut up and leave then calling me childish and disrespecting me as a whole.

Look at Dewmellon in chat... imgur: the simple image sharer

Only screenshots I took, but trust me before this it was worse.

13. Naga

Naga Experienced Member

Okay, so let's do this. You tell us every thing from the point where you asked permission to give feedback to the point where you wrote this. And who muted, we need that moderators POV too.

14. Pizza

Pizza Well-Known Member

Ah I see.
    What did you say that caused you to be muted?

15. Chub

Chub Active Member

I left for a minute and came back muted.... I was giving feedback and was also trying to defend myself from being insulted and called childish.

16. Chub

Chub Active Member

17. Moonlight

Moonlight Well-Known Member

Yes I took dew's word
    It continued for a long time.
    So as it continued I muted...

18. KingDG

KingDG Experienced Member

Lol? I took Dew's word for it? If I ask a mod to mute a player, last time I checked, they would ask me for proof/why.

19. Chub

Chub Active Member

You based your opinion on what she said... you let it go until she said something to you.
    imgur: the simple image sharer <-- Top of chat.

20. Moonlight

Moonlight Well-Known Member

I didn't base my decision off of her say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.