What is a scam?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by WhatsUpDoc, Nov 2, 2020.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    I think the community has had an extremely hard time lately between distinguishing what's not a scam and what is. In my mind a scam is when someone says something is worth a certain value, not just offers it. A scam can also be when the item you get isn't up to par with what the seller claimed or inferred. Comment what you think about this issue in the comments and what can be done to prevent scamming. A couple people this last drop party (I won't say or infer names) robbed newer players out of their heads, when this happens they don't commonly get banned but many people in the community don't like them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Yeah it's mostly called rip offs and theres really nothing can be done about it as it's mostly the seller's fault for their ignorence and not asking around before selling their head. So it's more like a jerk move to me and ruins the buyer's reputation who ripped them off
    What I consider a scam is when they make a deal and one of them doesn't uphold their end of the deal. Doesn't matter if it's for example 64 grass for an unplaced head (rip off) and the seller of the head doesn't give the head therefore its a scam or if they pay a lower price than they agreed upon

• Like Like x 2
  3. natominister

natominister Well-Known Member

when you're naïve enough to get tricked

4. cuteymeow

cuteymeow Active Member

IGN:
    cuteymeow
    It happens to the best of us. Your reply to this post seems a little rude though. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. vvyovx

vvyovx Member

IGN:
    vvyovx
    Ive always seen scams as when the seller misleads or simply does not give you what you were promised. For instance right now i'm buying cow spawners for 350k and offer to buy them at 350k but going under your definition of a "scam" my offer would indeed be classified as a scam. That said the item itself is worth no more than 200k which is a rare case but good example of why that logic fails. For people who are worried of being scammed, always remember to screenshot your agreements so staff can respond with proof if you are unlucky. When I don't know the value of a certain item I find asking in the general chat can be a less biased place to determine its value.
    ~vv