Ways to actually fix Youtube

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ItsRed, Dec 24, 2018.

1. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    Ive been thinks about a few ways to fix stuff thats happening in Youtube

For one maybe on age resticted videos it has Like More adult ads like Alcohol ads " adult Protection" ads etc etc

If a company claims your video for copyrighted matierial the company doesnt handle the resolve but youtube themselves do

If there are 100 likes from the same IP do not count them into the revenue or likes

Demonitized videos stay demonitized for 3 months if the creator hasn't made a appeal

These are really the only ones i can think of atm comment down below more problems and solutions

2. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    I don't think those suggestions are going to make YouTube better.

What we really need is:
    • YouTube editor
    • Annotations
    • Promoting YouTube creators not big corporations because this is not television, this is YouTube, the site where people, you and I, make original content
    • Changing the algorithm that forces people to make 5 year old friendly videos, like really? Its 2018 and there's nothing you can do to stop a 5 year old from cursing, unless you force it into solitary confinement which is child abuse
    • Fixing how people reply to each other and making it more easier to see who are you replying to

That's all I got cheif ;p

3. milcerine

milcerine Well-Known Member

Honestly I think there is zero easy way to fix YouTube. It is messed up in many ways. YouTube Rewind opened my eyes to how bad the site has become. The owners do not understand their own viewers. YouTube Rewind is supposed to recap big things that happened over the year, and it did far from that this year. In addition, the site continues to promote people like the Paul brothers, who have repeatedly made hurtful content like the infamous suicide forest video. Other YouTubers are doing this as well and nothing is being done, while innocent YouTubers that are just trying to make their own content are wrongly copyrighted and copystriked and demonetized. Anyone can make a copyright claim on a video and have it demonetized, and on top of that many videos are child friendly, but demonetized nonetheless.
    YouTube has a problem, yes, and I don't have a solid solution to it. I think if they at least make an attempt to fix the problems that plague almost every single up and coming content creator, the site will fare much better.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    The only annoying stuff in youtube are the ads, especially the ones that comes up in the middle of a video ;<

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
  5. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    What pisses me of is how YouTube claims they are removing features to make it better when really, its only getting worse. They removed annotations claiming that cards and end titles are better when really cards are barely used and most of us don't see the card. Annotations however are more clearer and also can point out errors that were in the video.

6. milcerine

milcerine Well-Known Member

Yeah. In my opinion, they don't really understand their own site, as weird as that sounds. They don't listen to the wants of the people that use their site, just do what they think is "best."
    They're annoying sometimes, but usually I just think about how important ads are for many content creators and it usually helps haha.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    To be honest it really boils down to making business that ruins everything. YouTube being such a wonderful platform for anyone and have so many potentials its really sad to see it become the way it is right now. When people decide to capitalize whats trending and try to give people what they think they want it really obscure everything. Honestly thats all I have to say for now because there really isn't anymore to say but everything is a mess right, just enjoy your favorite youtuber while you still can.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  8. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    From what I heard, YouTube's new CEO wants to increase the company's profits and is cutting services that made YouTube great

9. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    YouTube has had a long, mostly great run. This was inevitable, but I do agree there are things than can be done to help. However, unfortunately, it seems like they don’t really like listening to independent creators or users.

subscribe to pewdiepie to defeat T-series

10. Alcala09PlaysMC

Alcala09PlaysMC Active Member

IGN:
    Alcala09
    Cards are actually used way more than annotations, the only bad thing is that you can only use them at the end of a video.