Skyblock Water Event Limits and Mapart

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by GaroldGarcia, Apr 30, 2023.

1. GaroldGarcia

GaroldGarcia Member

IGN:
    GaroldGarcia
    I haven't see this addressed in the mapart discussion yet, so I figured I'd toss it out there -- the water events limit is messing with my mapart flush system.

Slagomizer and I have a 128x128 mapart island; to clear carpet, there is a series of upwards-facing dispensers with water buckets in five parallel signal busses. Hit a button, and about 20% of the island gets cleared. Of course, lag means there's an occasional misfire, or one of the dispensers doesn't pull water back in and needs to be reset, but it's been working well.

Until the water events limit.

The greatest number of reliable, full-radius water deployments[1] I've gotten has been 12[2], which isn't even half of one of the five busses. As I see it, there are a few possibilities at this point:

1. Rewire the redstone circuits so that no more than 12 dispensers are activated on any one time.

2. Hope that the water events limit goes up further.

3. Third thing I haven't thought of.

I think probably #2 is false hope, so if any of you clever people have any ideas for #3; as KhalDrogo has pointed out, mapart is a huge part of Skyblock so there's a lot of people motivated to find a workaround.

[1] I may get as many as 24 dispensers deploying, but any or all reserve the right to push as little as a 1-block water source, or perhaps a 2-block radius of water. Reactivating the bus may repeat this limited release, or decide to go something like full radius. It's very variable.

[2] And just because, even if there's no more than 12 dispensers activated, they will not always deploy the full radius of water.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    You could a delay with each one firing, would take way longer but it really the only option right now.

3. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Agree. You have to run the full width of the map to collect the carpet so plenty of time for a delay.
    It would be handy to know what the limit is though. If it is 1200 per minute for example.

NOTE: a single water source placed and spreading fully on flat ground is 113 water events. I assume another 113 to retract the water.

I’ve only counted the water arriving at a new point. I don’t know if the change in water level counts as an event.

4. GaroldGarcia

GaroldGarcia Member

IGN:
    GaroldGarcia
    I like the idea of a delay; there's repeaters o' plenty in the busses, opening them up to delays could alter the balance.

And I didn't know how water events were calculated, so thanks for the info!

5. pringlesman35

pringlesman35 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    pringlesman35
    its even more, each time the water moves it updates all of the prior blocks cuz it changes the size of the water on each tile the only way to really go nuts is to spawn a source block floor and pray it can undo itself

6. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    I've made a suggestion about this. I requested a water limit increase enough to support a 128x128. Last night I tested my flush system out and I've had to cut some redstone lines to disable a row of dispensers that did not properly release. All of this takes a lot of time and is very annoying.

I've tried to do one row at a time and it doesn't work all that well either.