Global Villagers

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Lupancham, May 20, 2021.

?

Should it be added

1. YES

35.7%
  2. no :(

50.0%
  3. Maybe

14.3%
  1. Lupancham

Lupancham Member

IGN:
    Luapncham
    Villagers should be enabled to bring the original gameplay on sky block this is the only sky block i seen that has villager trading disabled

Attached Files:

• No Support No Support x 7
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

By your logic we should also ban cobble generators because the more cobblestone that enters the economy means lower value of the item. Saying they should stay disabled or else the economy will be "ruined" is just not true as the "value" of a particular item is just determined by the market. If people want emeralds, they'll pay what they think it is worth.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  3. ndrew11223344

ndrew11223344 Member

IGN:
    ndrew112233
    Support! I think there will be more ways to play the game at least..

Also keep in mind that the server is in 1.12, so players can essentially kill villagers with zombies and then cure them with splash potion of weakness + golden apple. After this, the villager is indebted to the player and offers ridiculous deals (i.e. 1 emerald for diamond chestplate etc) which might be problematic.

Other than that, maybe the only other problematic trade is glass (if you don't want to introduce an easy way to get it)

I don't really see too much of a problem with crashing the emerald market. At least they can be useful in some way if villagers are introduced.

Custom trade villagers would be a good in-between solution though. Might need some Java programming :p

Gotta agree with Cal here. Think about this, a fully enchanted diamond pick is worth far less than 1 diamond because of kits. Also, the price of gold fell like crazy when zombie pigmen spawners were introduced (I assume something happened since there was no gold in classic). It's just adding more gameplay, I would rather have gold blocks than not have gold blocks :> (same thing with emerald blocks). Why protect the "value of emeralds" when you can have more fun? Unless you're hoarding emeralds, that might be rough.

4. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Ok so on eco, emeralds aren't a common item that's tossed around the mark much compared to survival where I believe a lot more people buy, trade and collect them. I actually would like to see villager trading added, but the only thing I don't want is the value of emeralds to be worthless because that's what they'll be.

When Gold is a trade for emeralds for survival, and pumpkin for emeralds on economy, emeralds now become worthless at this point because of the infinite very immense supply of those even with the extra effort of getting one, once you get even one you have an infinite emerald supply if you choose to have one that trades something like gold or pumpkins.

Besides the loss of emerald value though, I actually want to see villager trades added back in. A lot of items that can be traded with still a decent amount of work to get one, most of which isn't going to ruin values as most of it is mostly worthless or pointless to have in the grand scheme of trading. Although, if there's some reason they aren't in the game besides keeping trading player-to-player, then I can understand but I've never asked about why they weren't added I just assumed it was to keep the players trading with each other so that we use each other's shops

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HeroDJBrine

HeroDJBrine Active Member

IGN:
    HeroDJBrine
    No support. Will ruin the economy and possibly the fun of skyblock. The point of skyblock is the challenge of being stranded on an island and trying to get the items yourself. There are villagers at /warp shop for basic items and that enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    I think that if it were readded it would be perfectly fine for them to have basic trades that get you food or iron armor, but with how easy it is to obtain pumpkins and other crops in mass amounts, like others have said, it'd make emeralds completely useless.

If they implemented modified trades that just get you uncommon blocks, I'd be perfectly fine with that. Maybe an easier way to obtain clay, purpur blocks, or even just glass.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Louiemar

Louiemar Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Louiemar
    No support. Already have /shop