Skyblock Villager Guide

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by Adriansop, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    Villager guide
    Villagers on Skyblock work a little different than what you are used to. This guide will give you some general information and tips you may find useful in the event you plan to get villagers. Please note that information you find here is not an official documentation of their encoded behaviour and both small and big details might be missing or incorrect. However it should still give you a good idea of how they work on the server. That said, let's first list what they can and cannot do to challenge your expectations.

Banner2.png

What villagers can and cannot do

There are several features about villagers that are restricted on the server. They cannot...
    • Trade with players
    • Produce iron with iron golem farms
    Even if not having these things take away most of their appeal, they do have most other vanilla functions. They can...
    • Liven up your island
    • Harvest and plant crops for you (farmer villagers only)
    • Breed
    • Spawn iron golems (but no iron drops)
    Banner3.png

Getting your own villagers

If you don't have any villagers yet, presently the only way to get them is by curing zombie villagers. Here's a full refresher on the appropriate steps:​
    • Prepare yourself with a splash potion of weakness, a golden apple, a bunch of building blocks and a nametag with a desired name for your zombie villager .
    • Ensure you turn on mob spawning in /settings and wait for mobs to spawn at night. If you're lucky, a zombie villager might spawn.
    • Isolate and roof the zombie villager to protect your zombie from outside harm. Optionally, you can nametag the zombie right now as this is not possible once it's cured! Using a nametag will also prevent it from potential despawning .
    • Throw the splash potion of weakness and then use a golden apple on the zombie. Conversion starts and it becomes a villager after several minutes.
    On Skyblock Survival it's possible to spawn villagers with a monster spawner. However, these ones will despawn. It may be possible to breed these villagers and get ones that don't despawn, but this info is incomplete.

If you already have villagers and you want to breed them here's a link to a tutorial.

Banner4.png

Under the surface

Villagers have 1.12 AI and have their own category in spigot. This means separate and slightly different configurations than animals and hostile mobs.​
    • Villagers can actually stack if there's too many of them in one place (±20 villager limit). Unlike other mobs, villager stacking only occurs one by one until the limit is no longer exceeded. Even if the profession of the villagers don't match stacking can still occur, but their profession will be preserved. This means your stacked villager will be able to return to its previous professions by killing them.
    • Villagers stop moving when you're too far away from them. To keep them active, they have to be inside your villager activation range; it's a cylindrical range with a radius of 16 blocks and height from bedrock to build limit. This is important to keep in mind if you want to use your villagers to farm crops.
    The guide ends here. Feel free to comment with questions or if you think something is wrong or missing. I hope the content answers most of your questions regarding villagers on skyblock and that it'll help you along the way.
    Many thanks to Mai for making these amazing banners

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
  2. Sky

Sky Active Member Premium

IGN:
    SkyGuyGamerz
    Can’t you name a villager and it wont despawn?

(thank you for the guide too!)

3. Adriansop

IGN:
    Adriansop
    Using a nametag on villagers doesn't (seem to) work so you'll have to use it on zombie villagers before curing them

4. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Thank you for the guide sop.

Had 2 or 3 people asking for villagers in the server.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  5. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    Amazing guide.

Thank you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Albert_Tesla

Albert_Tesla Member

IGN:
    Albert_Tesla
    Can folks confirm if this guide is still up to date? Recently I had the good fortune of having a zombie villager and a witch spawn in my mob farm, and I was able to cure the villager.

Unfortunately, the villager doesn't offer any trades and doesn't have a recognizable skin that would indicate what type of villager it is. It has this odd white apron that doesn't appear anywhere online.

There was no response when I asked about this on the server, and very little information in the discord chat... although there were a few mentions that villager trading has been disabled. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Attached Files:

7. Sky

IGN:
    SkyGuyGamerz
    Villager trading is indeed disabled, and the server is 1.12.2 so there will not be specific villager professions

8. Albert_Tesla

Albert_Tesla Member

IGN:
    Albert_Tesla
    Perfect, thank you! Might be a good idea to update this guide to reflect this change, but I’m glad that it’s not just me. I was scratching my head all of yesterday trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

9. Sky

IGN:
    SkyGuyGamerz
    The guide already states that you cannot trade with villagers though

10. Albert_Tesla

Albert_Tesla Member

IGN:
    Albert_Tesla
    Now I see. When I first read the post I saw the “What can they do?” graphic and the “What can villagers do” heading, and completely missed the two words “They cannot…

• Like Like x 1
  11. Adriansop

IGN:
    Adriansop
    I re-highlighted some words based on your regard! (thank you) No changes have been released for villagers as far as I know, though if there are other parts in this guide that aren't as clear be sure to let me know, I'm not the best writer ;~;

12. Albert_Tesla

Albert_Tesla Member

IGN:
    Albert_Tesla
    Actually, you should know that your guide is very well done and extremely helpful! I just went too fast, so my mistake is on me.

The changes you made look great- thank you!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Awesome guide Adrian, thank you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1