Skyblock Value List || The new way to trading

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by Tog, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Project History
    January 2020, approximately ten months ago, plan started after many players were left upset after being “low-balled” during the 2019 Xmas DP Event.

Low-ball- Offer a deceptively or unrealistically low bid or estimate to.

Idea was to prevent as many lowball scams from occurring on the server by providing players with a consistently updated value guide. When completing a trade with high value items, players would be able to flick to this resource, and confirm any prices they may be unaware of.

Heavy inspiration taken from the value list of another game known as “Assassin”.

Project Present
    March 2020, project finally kicked off, good progress was made by the 2020 Easter Drop Party.
    May 2020, project was disbanded due to lack of time.
    October 2020, project reinstated after extreme Halloween low-balls. Determined to finish.
    November 2020, project beta release. Most values added.

Project Future
    Update values regularly, once per week minimum.
    Add section for unobtainable seasonal items, ie. DP heads, Independent Picks, Create a SB, etc.
    Build an in game Forge mod for the values. Will be able to check values in game and out along with a graph to show price fluctuation.

BETA RELEASE FILE
    NOTE: HUGE CHANGES WILL MOST LIKELY BE MADE WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS. FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ THE FIRST SHEET NAMED” “INFORMATION” ELSE THE LIST MAY MAKE LITTLE SENSE.

Skyblock.net Value List - Google Drive

• Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Amazing x 1
    • Creative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  2. odiewonkenobi

odiewonkenobi Active Member

IGN:
    odiewonkenobi
    Some of these prices are *a bit* off :p

Cool site though! A nice, easy to understand system. :)

3. Archie38

Archie38 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Archie38
    Rare heads should not, and I repeat should NOT be valued in a spreadsheet.
    Good guide though

4. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    why

5. Wardalicious

Wardalicious Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Wardalicious
    This idea has been touched on many times before. Since I've written long paragraphs on it, many times before, I will simply state that prices are always in flux, and something is only worth what a player will pay for it. There is no "retail." So, a list such as this (while a nice idea) would never work, and should not be adhered to, or even made. No one can say what an item is worth, nor should there be a "guide" that people can reference. This idea has tried and failed many times. It's not right for this server.

• Rude Rude x 1
  6. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    the guide could be used as a general guideline perhaps

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    prices flux so fast and everything has a range like iron 2:1 to 3:1 or gold 10:1 or 16:1 dias constantly flux keys ect ect

8. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    This thread is great however as some others have pointed out, prices change often but that being said the spreadsheet you provided is a general idea on what to expect. When reading through your spreadsheet, I noticed your redstone dust price isn't correct. I don't know if you're saying if they're 192:1 or 96:1 (you put 192:2).

Gold blocks are now worth 14 or 15 for 1 grass not 12. Sponges (Wet or dry) are not for 64 grass. A few weeks ago I bought one for 42. I may be wrong and someone can correct me on that if they wish :p.

Moving on to Rares, Beacons are not in demand as far as I can tell and they are lower than 220. I am not exactly where you got that price. Prices of beacons don't go above 200 I feel like. Same goes for Creeper Heads as they are worth less now. I don't know for netherstars so I can't say for that. Elytras are worth more than 400 but not above 450. Enchanted elytras are probably the same as well though I could be wrong on that. Dragon Heads are nowhere near 800 LOL. They're worth around 500-600 grass

9. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Thanks, yeah a few of the prices are off so I'll edit these as soon as possible.
    Thanks, noted.
    Yeah, that's an extra information Google Doc being written (Can be found on the INFORMATION sheet) explaining this. As Trin said, this is just a rough guideline and should not be adhered to. The sheet will also be updated multiple times per week, to ensure the most accurate values 24/7.
    Yeah, ahah. As stated the project is early release; I was unsure of some of the prices. There will be a big clean up edit tonight. :)

10. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    All good. I wasn't aware it was in the early phase haha so I think its fine! Just be sure to get the prices correct asap as they do fluctuate sometimes

11. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Bump :coffee:
    List updated: 21/11/2020
    Update logs: (Can also be found on page one- INFORMATION)
    Decreased prices for Dragon Egg, Redstone, Sponge, Wet Sponge, gold, beacon, creeper head
    Increased prices for Elytra
    Started development for in game mod.
    Please note this list is still in Beta release and may not be 100% accurate.