[USA] ForeverSharp Mod Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Foreversharp, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foreversharp

Foreversharp Member

First off I'd like to thank anyone who has taken the time to read my application, it means a lot to me :) Please leave feedback explaining how I can become a better person In-game, I'm ready for criticism.
    Your in-game name
    : ForeverSharp

How old are you? 17
    What timezone are you in? Central time

What country do you live in? The United States of America.

What languages do you speak? English (Taking Spanish classes this year)

Have you ever been banned? (if yes, why?) Yes, for putting lava on someone.(not killing them, however) Though getting banned may seem like a red flag - I've put the past behind me and I'm nothing but a better, more responsible player because of it.

Why do you think you should be a mod? Ever since I was young, I was always around to help. I get a natural high from helping people, it makes me feel amazing, and I wish I could have more ways to help people in need. I play on very late hours sometimes, which is when there's a lack of moderators. I witness many people rulebreaking late at night, and there's usually not any Mod's on, I could potentially prevent this as a moderator.

I spend most of my time online helping people with whatever they come across. But sometimes there's a limit of what I can do to help people, such as not being able to logblock a griefed island. It saddens me when I have to tell people to report their issue on the forums and there's nothing I can do about it, and trust me when I say: It happens a lot.

I rarely overlook a cry for help, and I apologize in advance if I do. I am only one person so I can't help everybody - but that doesn't mean I can't make a difference, Moderator or not. I will not let anyone down.

What qualifications do you have? I know every rule left and right, forwards and backwards. I can type flawlessly at a decent speed. I am informative and specific when people need advice.

I am a very patient person - I can stay neutral in a conversation, even if the person I'm talking to has already blown his top off. My mother is a counselor and she has helped me become a more developed and calm individual.( Don't get me wrong though, I am very firm when I need to be)

I have been a leader ever since my parents got divorced, 9 years ago. Living without a male role model in my life has only forced me to become my own.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?15-18 hours until I start school again ( August 26th ), But I can be on from 5pm - 1am on School nights. ( 7-8 hours) Also, being a moderator would give me an incentive to play for longer periods of time, so expect this time range to increase 1-2 hours if I end up being promoted.

How long have you been playing skyblock.net? October-ish 2012. ( Sometime late 2012 )

Do you have any past experience as a moderator? I am a moderator on a small server, and have been for about two months. Although I've never had to kick or ban anyone, I'm very responsible there and I don't think I would be any different on Skyblock.

Thank you again for reading my application, I hope it wasn't too long.I wish any of you who also applied good luck. -ForeverSharp

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. (robbie)

(robbie) Experienced Member

Not enough content, I don't find you to seem like 16 or 17...

40% support, for now

3. awesomeyoshi64

awesomeyoshi64 Active Member

I like the application. :)
    Support

4. Foreversharp

Foreversharp Member

Thanks guys :)

5. Foreversharp

Foreversharp Member

Tonight I encountered someone who had been heavily griefed with no sign of who did it. I helped him get his island going again and everything, but there was literally not a single moderator on to assist me. This is why I personally think I wouldn't do half-bad as a moderator, I fill the role of a late-night moderator, something Skyblock.net lacks.

6. awesomeyoshi64

The main thing I can say, is patience. Showing you can become a moderator can take a while. I know one mod, Maxi, has waited eight months, and only got mod a month ago.

Just be patient and keep helping out ingame. :)

7. Foreversharp

Foreversharp Member

Oh, thanks for telling me about maxi's story, I thought it was a short process. I've been helping people since I joined skyblock, so that shouldn't be a problem for me ;)

8. Foreversharp

Foreversharp Member

I Edited it again (lol), it should be flawless now :D

9. Foreversharp

Foreversharp Member

Today there weren't any mods on for about a 1 hour period, and I completely took over. No one was unsatisfied with my help. I just don't like to have to tell people to "Report it on the forums" when they get griefed/robbed/etc, I think I would excel at being a Moderator, and I think many people would agree if you asked them.

Giving me a chance would be something you would never regret. If I mess up, I will only learn and benefit from it.

10. Jokata_z

Jokata_z Well-Known Member

Be patient. My app is probably long gone now :/. From a players' view. Use the edit button as well and don't spam your application.
    Maxmillian waited 8 MONTHS and he got Moderator not-to-long-ago. Just stay patient. They're always promoting and looking for Moderators.

11. Maximilian

Maximilian Senior Member

12. Jokata_z

Jokata_z Well-Known Member

13. awesomeyoshi64

14. Foreversharp

Foreversharp Member

I've edited it so many times since I started this thread I've lost count. Please tell me(with 100% honesty) if you still give 40% support. If so, I'll try my best to get not only you, but everyone that views this application to 100% support.
    I am fully dedicated and serious about this application, and what the outcome of it being successful rewards. It makes my day when people support me. It's my goal to have everyone on my side, and I won't stop trying until my goal is complete.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  15. Alex Paskov

Alex Paskov Member

i support!

16. Foreversharp

Foreversharp Member

Thank you, Alex. I support your app too ;)

17. Foreversharp

Foreversharp Member

Robbiedem Please reply, I need feedback So I can know if I'm still doing anything wrong.

Also, feedback from any other viewers would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to have everyone on my side with this. Please be very specific with what I'm doing wrong so I can adjust myself to your liking.

18. (robbie)

It is the fact that you are over confident, too, saying that you will get this, with that, I still can't say I do support because I cant really believe that you are 16-17.

19. Foreversharp

Foreversharp Member

I'm not overconfident. I'm not bluffing or buttering anything up only for this application. What I say I can do is no different than what I'm already doing in-game. I am a very confident person, and if you believe it's overconfidence I'm not offended in any way. I actually take it as a compliment.
    As for the "not 16-17" thing - Even if I wasn't 17 years old I think we've all seen some pretty young but rather responsible moderators, so age isn't an issue at all. It's how you handle your job. ;)

[Edit] Thanks for the feedback by the way, it helps me believe it or not.

20. (robbie)

No, if you are lying about your age, it specifically says No lying in your application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.