Accepted Ursusmaiorus Rate appuse appeal

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by UrsusMaiorus, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    • Punished account name:Ursusmaiorus
    • Platform or server punished on:Forums
    • Ban message if applicable:Rate abuse
    • Have you read the rules? Yes
    • Do you think this punishment was incorrect? No
    • Why should you be unbanned? James in your dm you said to remove the abuse. I cant without rate perms so id ask for them back temoraraly to remove the absue.
    Id like to get them back for a few reasons. One I missunderstood the forums rules and thought profile didn't count towards rate abuse. Frez and I were in vc and in a poke war and i was just trying to spam her with alerts wont happen again. I feel terrible. If my appeal is denyed could U and I (james) cordinate a time for me to remove my likes?
    • Please list any other times you were punished on Skyblock:flyhacking Devvan
    • If you know, tag the staff member that banned you: Athyrix
    • Do you understand and accept our rules and code of conduct? Yes
    Rate abuse rules That I broke
    • You should not rate things that you do not feel that way about, this is also called abuse. You shouldn't give out any negative ratings without the post having a need to be negatively rated.
    • Rating only one person repeatedly will be seen as abuse.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  2. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Thanks for appealing Ursus!
    I'd like to start off by thanking you for your cooperation with removing most of the ratings you gave out, that was much appreciated and I'm going to leave this link below to our official thread on rate abuse as I quote it further on.
    Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

Given that you are now an established member of Skyblock Forums since December 2019, you must of come across the rules and information section and the thread is available there for all members to access. One of the very first sentences in this thread is the following.
    If you claim to have been spamming Frez's alerts this goes against this point, you are just liking all of the content for the sake of giving out the like rating. It was not just Frez's comments that got likes though, I received multiple other complaints from other members of the community that their posts were also rate abused. What was the reasoning behind those other ratings, surely those couldn't count towards Frez's alert count?

Regardless of for the sake of giving out the rating, the thread also points out the following.
    Over 200+ ratings were given out on Thursday night, which is far beyond the general rule of 3. These were given out within the spread of not even 15 minutes - clearly breaking multiple of the rating rules. I'm not quite sure why other people's comments were also liked given that you just wanted to give Frez notifications.

3. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Ya fair point I just wanted to give frez notifications thought any likes on profile page resulted in notifications for frez didn't quite understand how that system worked. Also in relation to the rules you cited I did'nt believe that the profile page counted. I have already read the rules just only thought they applied to forums and not profile posts.

4. athyrix

Thank you for waiting so patiently. I apologise for not being able to respond to your appeal quicker, I was on a work trip and there was no WiFi immediately available. I will discuss the situation with the team and will let you know our outcome. :)

5. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Thanks James

6. athyrix

I've decided we'll only remove your permissions to rate for 2 weeks rather than permanently. On the 20th January you will have your permissions back. Please remember to review our rating rules again to make sure that when you do get them back, we ensure you keep those for the rest of your time on Skyblock. Remember that rate abuse applies anywhere on Skyblock Forums!

7. athyrix

Thank you for creating an appeal, your appeal has been accepted!
    Please make sure that you read our rules here before continuing on as normal!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.