Closed Update Classic

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by WhatsUpDoc, Feb 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    On /classic sometimes it only lets me on in 1.8. My friend cheese7707 has the same problem. NeedToreName has had those problem and so has ragepaint, phr33z, and dietpepsi22. Just wondering if there is a way to fix this. :)

• Support Support x 2
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. ShawnBerry

ShawnBerry Active Member Premium

IGN:
    ShawnBerry
    it might just be your computer... I mean my computer lets me play the server on the newest update but its smoothest on 1.8... I suggest sticking with 1.8 in general- there's nothing on the new one that the server includes. (maybe just block names LOL)

3. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Classic runs optimized for 1.8.8 meaning it’s best used while playing 1.8.8 I don’t see a reason to update it as it could potentially cause more lag for the whole server

4. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    It works for 1.8.9 aswell,

The classic server never supported 1.9 or higher.

5. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

As much as I’d like it, I don’t know what kind of challenge it would be to fix it.

6. Universal

Universal Well-Known Member

Newest update wouldn't work on classic o_O

7. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    I'll try looking into ways to optimize the connection of newer client versions to Classic.

Unfortunately, as ShawnBerry said, your ability to connect depends a bit on your computer's performance, as well as your overall connection to the server.

I personally am able to connect to classic using 1.8-1.15 clients without any issues. However, I have a pretty decent CPU, as well as an average of 30 ping connection to the server. The newer the version of Minecraft you're using, the more processing power you'll need to use to connect. As you connect, the server tries to map out all of the existing block types and UI elements to the Minecraft version you're using, which is exponentially more difficult the higher your Minecraft version, as more blocks and UI elements need to be changed to appear normal to you.

The complexity of your island and where you spawn in when you connect to Classic also plays a factor into this. I have a relatively bland island, with little going on, so there isn't much that can mess things up.

For now, I'd suggest sticking to whichever version works best for you. I'll do some investigating to see if there's anyway we can optimize connections to newer versions to help avoid the Classic "Disconnected" message many players get.

As another potential workaround, you can also try connecting to skywars.com first, then running /classic. I've seen some players have success using this method when they generally fail to connect directly from Survival or Economy.

8. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Whilst connecting to Classic, I'm often kicked after spending 30 seconds or so in the Loading Terrain menu, unless I join with a hacked client. I don't know what the cause is, but it has always been an issue since 1.9 was released in 2016 or so. If you want to join classic, join with 1.8; it's overall a completely smoother experience.

9. Universal

does your OGSkybase have the big building and the airplane too o_O (i saw your footer)

10. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    doesn't because warp airplane is still accessible on classic

11. Divine_Eidolon

Divine_Eidolon Member

I find that I am only able to connect in 1.8.8, having tried in 1.12.2 with and without optifine, and 1.15? (not sure which version was latest when I tried) without any luck; always getting the disconnected message after about a minute of the loading terrain screen. I do still sometimes get the disconnected message using 1.8.8, but it is a lot less common than in other versions, at least for me. Having also tried direct connecting to skywars, then going /classic and trying /classic from every other server as well, I find that that has never made a difference for me; though I will be the first to admit my computer is a bit naff, and my ping, well, it's not too bad on sb, but on other servers has been much higher, as I'm sure Laini will be able to corroborate xd

12. Universal

I don't believe so, I could be wrong. But the airplane was at the skybase

13. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    It is. There was a thread a while ago about finding old warps and I ended up finding the original skybase that was newislanded; the warp airplane is still there and completely intact btw

thread can be found here Old warp coordinates | Page 3 | Skyblock Forums

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.