Expired Unban

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Libtard, Nov 26, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libtard

Libtard Member

IGN:
    TheProLibtard
    TheProLibtard

Economy

Inappropiate name- appeal when changed

I've read the rules

It was correct to punish me

I should be unbanned because I did what was expected of me to become unbanned, which was to change my name

I've never been punished before

Hoezo was the player that punished me

I understand and accept the rules and code of conduct.

2. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Hello, thank you for appealing :)

I'm glad you saw the issue in your name and decided to change it, I appreciate you being aware how inappropriate it was. I'm concerned that you thought it was appropriate in the first place though.
    However, upon your new name change...I've realised that your newer name, is just as inappropriate.
    "Libtard" - Libtard is an insult usually used by conservative trolls online to characterize liberals as stupid.

Why do you believe this name is appropriate? In our server we allow each other to have their own free thoughts and opinions, I don't agree with the new change at all, therefore I've come to the conclusion you have not learned from your lesson...It is not very mature.

3. Libtard

Libtard Member

IGN:
    TheProLibtard
    WOOOOOOOOW

Firstly, I am a "Libtard" and as a person of that oppressed minority, I feel like I have permission to say it. Same as we let black people call each a word that is used by other groups of people to demean them.

Being a liberal, I've faced immense oppression from the Conservative society in which we live in. After being called a "filthy libtard" and having my basic fundamental rights as an American taken away from me, whilst being called those slurs, I use the word itself amongst my oppressed brethren as a way to cope.

ALSO I DONT THINK ME CALLING MYSELF "TheProLibtard" is limiting other people to have their own thoughts. Assuming you'd categorise people as "liberals" and "conservatives" and maybe a centrist, I don't think conservatives feel oppressed, centrists wont give a f***, and I my liberal brothers and sisters will probably just assume I'm on the left aswell.

After reading your response, I've come to the conclusion that keeping me banned is an absolute dog move. I have to wait 1 whole month to change my name again, I honestly don't see the problem with this name.

4. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    I understand majority of this, however we don't like bringing topics like politics and sensitive subjects into the chat, or all our platforms. We get that you maybe older and more aware, but there are people who don't wish to see it when they come online. We do not allow anybody to say any sensitive words like the one you briefly mentioned above, for the same reason...It's a public game that all different ages/genders/races and so on come together, the last thing on their mind is to bring up stuff that is not relevant to the game. It needs to be suitable and appropriate, whether you are apart of it or not. I fully understand that the word you named yourself comes across as a coping management, but think of what could potentially go down if we allowed all the 'sensitive words' to surface, we keep it safe for a reason. If somebody saw your name and took it the wrong way, it could start an argument and could upset somebody. Let's try and prevent that.

5. Libtard

Libtard Member

IGN:
    TheProLibtard
    How about you unban me, but keep me muted for 1 month, people probably wont see my name, and considering your awesome server is so populated, I may not even appear when they tab to see the players.

BRUH HONESTLY ID CHANGE MY NAME AGAIN IF I COULD BUT I CANt, I AM DYING HERE BRO PLS.

6. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Locking and archiving due to not responding.

Thank you for creating an appeal. Your ban has now expired.
    Please make sure that you read our rules here before continuing on as normal!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.