Unable to join server due to "VPN"

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by billybobjack19, Mar 28, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billybobjack19

billybobjack19 New Member

Hey guys,
    i was playing this morning for about 20 minutes and i saw that the server was restarting, so I stayed on the server for the restart and then attempted to rejoin a few moments later. The second i joined the server, i was stuck on the spawn block and it said, "Please run /captcha mhc to be freed. You will not have to enter again for this IP." I am not sure what this means or what i can do about this, but i would like to continue on the server.
    If it helps, I am on a hotel wifi at the moment and will be back home to my normal wifi today. The wifi i began playing the server on (yesterday) is also the same hotel wifi. I am not running a vpn. i am not a computer person so im not sure if im missing something simple here. I dis/reconnected to wifi, reset my pc, reset MC, searched /captcha mhc, and i cannot find a solution.
    Thanks, Billy.

2. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    In order to help prevent against spam bot attacks, our developers have compiled a list of known IPs that are used by them to connect to the server, and require any account connecting from that IP to solve a captcha in order to prove that they are an actual player. Unfortunately, it seems the IP you are attempting to connect from has been flagged, which is why it is requiring you to solve the captcha.

Try using /captcha mhc as a command, in-game, and it should lead you through the process and allow you to connect to the server. If you come across any more issues, feel free to send a message to Leeeroieee or Matt, as they developed the system and are much more knowledgeable about how to fix connection issues than myself.

3. billybobjack19

billybobjack19 New Member

I typed the /captcha mhc into the chat box but nothing happens, it seems as if my chat is also locked. I will try to contact said staff as well. thanks for the help michael.

4. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    /captcha is fixed.

5. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Sorry about the late response. If it doesn't seem to be working for you, I would suggest contacting our developers for assistance as you may have already done, as I am not extremely familiar with this system. They should be able to help you work through it :)

6. matt

matt Well-Known Member Administrator

The captcha code is randomly generated and unique to every player.
    There was an issue recently that caused /captcha to not work, it was fixed :)

7. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.