[TSMod] Jolie Not doing her job.

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by TubbyTobster, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TubbyTobster

TubbyTobster Active Member

Hey Guys i just wanted to get some peoples views on this whole situation and what your opinions are on it.

Okay so first of all, it all started when i joined one of the channels on the teamspeak server. Instantly i got verbally abused by 'Gahg (Eric)' and 'Jesus' who i'm not sure of his name. They were throwing various insults at me calling me gay, f*****, telling me to f* off out of their channel etc. They were in a channel with this Jolie as they are all friends. I asked them to stop and asked what the problem was and they continued to take the mick out of my voice and what i was saying by mocking me and stuff.

I immediately started recording after all that had happened and once i realized Jolie was their friend. I knew Jolie was trying to 'Palm' me off, so that's why i didn't leave it there when she banned him. Because i knew she was going to unban him, which it turned out she did a few minutes later. I could tell she was just trying to palm me off and wouldn't actually keep him banned.

She also thinks i was talking about Abusing Rights, and tried to tell me it wasnt abusing. I was talking about Verbal Abuse, which is what i was getting from Gahg and Jesus. And she then continues to say she doesn't like me when her friend Gahg asked her.

The recording of this can be found here:

1.wav :: pCloud Download Link

My internet got cut off at this stage, and when i got back on i couldn't find Jolie on, so i joined their channel (with Gahg and Jesus) to try and part with them and sort the situation out. There was also another user in the channel Karl who came to my defence. The recording can be found here:

4.wav :: pCloud Download Link

They tried playing dumb for the first part because i was recording by saying 'who even are you'. For the first part there was some argumentative comments being thrown back and forth, but not by myself whatsoever. The first 5 minutes or so is a bit irrelivent, but Jolie joined back in at about 5 minutes into the recording.

She said to me that all these guys are trying to do is play a game right now and all i keep doing is bugging them. I was only there to try and part with them and sort the situation out as i didn't know why they were being like this with me.

Jolie tried saying the situation was in the past when it clearly happened about 10 minutes previous. And he was only temp banned for a couple of minutes.

It seemed to me that it was a bit of comedy for Jolie as she was laughing, and she gives a funny comment saying 'Fine Demote Me'.

More of Jolies friends join, one of them saying "Ban the Brits" because me and Karl are Brittish.

I really don't think she dealt with the situation very well and was treating it unfairly because it was her friends. Im really not happy about the whole thing situation really.

2. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

3. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

4. AmazingGraceGirl

AmazingGraceGirl Senior Member

IGN:
    AmazingGraceGirl
    Jolie seemed to be trying so hard to try to control the situation, but was under immense stress trying to handle a lot of things while also trying to deal with your problem. I listened to the recording a few times and it seems that you where making a bunch of assumptions that she wasn't handling it accordingly because she was friends with the players. The players crossed the line and were very disrespectful to you and a few others and I'm sorry this happened to you.

Being a teamspeak mod is not easy and the last recording proves it, Jolie tried to 1 one 1 talk to you about your problem and players just joined the chat and it all broke out in a fest of swearing,arguing, and chaos. >.> So my opinion on the matter is Jolie isn't a bad tsmod, she really tried to handle it the best she could but it was too overwhelming for her in the end. Jolie did anything ever happen to the players who where being nasty to TubbyTobster? (Punishments and so on)

5. Cheshrawr

Cheshrawr Well-Known Member

As Grace said, Jolie was trying to handle the situation, and as Jolie said she was multi-tasking and couldn't focus on modding. Teamspeak is alot different from the server, partly why I hardly go on there. People usually talk about stupid things, I remember the first time I went on teamspeak everyone kept on insulting me since I sounded like a girl, I was gay, etc, etc., the worst part was that a mod (cant remember who) said to me 'Its true though, isn't it?', i hated that but i couldnt argue because it was true and nothing could really be done since the playing grounds on teamspeak are a lot different, I can't explain it but after being on teamspeak with those idiots for awhile it seemed natural, I on the other hand would of tempbanned those players for a day but Im super sensitive to any type of bullying unlike other people, I'm pretty sure if those players got banned that would be 'power abuse' on Jolies part...

People are going to be people, idiots are going to be idiots. Just try and ignore them as much as you can, it'll be better for you. I'm really sorry you had to go through that though x_x;

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  6. Ronnie Pickering

Ronnie Pickering Senior Member

Well, for one, nobody can unban on teamspeak, only me and Cyp.
    Secondly, if something like this happens, it's best to just find a mod and get them to come in, if not, tell them to get me.
    While people insulting others is not tolerated, I can see what your point is, it shouldn't of ended like that.
    Given the evidence, I'll ban the two dudes for a week, simple enough, Jolie I'll talk to.
    She's on more often than you think, as she's given access to a channel only a few people can enter, and even less can see in.
    Let alone the global mod lounge which is invisible to everyone except staff.

7. TubbyTobster

I've had some great feedback on this from all of you guys, thank you. If i'm honest, I've heard nothing but good things about Jolie from everyone i've spoken to. It was more the case of how she made me feel at the time with the way she was dealing with me. And after everything i stated in the thread, there was another conversation between me, Jolie and Karl. Which i felt she was directing to the fact that 'we' were the trouble makers etc. Which was actually what lead me to making this thread, and i only made this so that she can see my side of it, and so that she can understand that me and Karl are separate people also.

Anyways, Jolie has inboxed me on the Forums addressing everything and i'm really pleased with her response.

Thank you all for the feedback also :)

8. Jolie

Jolie Active Member

I will just respond here, for the sake that I can explain things better through words rather than speaking. Keep in mind with the way I work through problems. I am better dealing with things after I lay out the situation an look over it. I am not one who can simply hear out a situation and make a quick decision with it right away.

Here is the list of my wrong-doings , which I am very aware of:

- It is my fault I have not been paying close attention to the matter when they began to call you those names. Because of this the situation had me confused for a long time which affected later times & my understanding of the entire situation.

- I apologize for dealing with matters in a way when I could have done much better. That goes for punishments applied and trying to speak with you guys separately and failing to speak with you all in a more organized and orderly way.

- As I listened over to the recordings, many of the things I have said to users were not appropriate for the situation. Including jokes, language, and how I said something along the lines of: ''Even the admin calls us gay fags", which is true, but I realize it still does not make it right. It was invalid of me to say, and I apologize for that as well.

Now here are a few things that I believe you/Karl have misinterpreted:

- In the beginning, I did not understand what you meant by "abusing", as when I think of the word, I think about staff abuse. I haven't thought about verbal abuse, clearly in our own terms it is thought of differently. That is why I was trying to clear things up with you about "abuse".

- The time I said "It was in the past", I realize it was only ten minutes ago since. What I was trying to say is that they have move on from what you guys were still on about. But that was only until you guys repetitively kept bugging on is when even more fighting had begun. On your part, when you were ''trying to sort out the situation", It did not even sound clear because when trying to confront them it was definitely not a passive tone.

- When I began to laugh, it wasn't anything personal or meant as a biased reference. The fact that two parties were ridiculously bickering on the internet sounded foolishly hilarious. Sorry if you have taken that offensively too.

I probably will have more to elaborate later on but tell me if I have also misinterpreted anything myself.

^ response copy & pasted from inbox

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  9. TubbyTobster

From the part where you wrote "Now here are a few things that I believe you/Karl have misinterpreted:" onward, i still feel that you don't quite understand where i was coming from. Like i said, i am a completely different person to Karl, this is about myself.

I understand that they may have moved on, but i was obviously still annoyed that nothing had been done about it and what they had been saying. So you wouldn't expect me to forget that someone has just done that to me and nothing had been done about it.

I don't understand what you mean by 'we' kept bugging on? I'm offended that you say this, because i wasn't bugging on whatsoever. Like i stated in my post i was trying to part and make peace. Also what are you saying about me not having a passive tone; of course i wouldn't have because of they way they had previously treated me and still were. But if you actually listen to what i was saying, i was still being polite and civil, and was just saying what i felt. It was more of the fact that they previously verbally abused me and broke the rules and i wanted to either part with them or see if they were continuing to offend and abuse me.

You may feel that i was bickering, and being 'foolish'. But i really don't see how. I'm upset that you feel that way. In regards to you laughing at the matter; Like you said in the recording 'I wasn't paying attention to the matter' and now you say that it was because you found the 'bickering' funny. If i'm honest i don't think it was funny at all personally, and it seems to me that you weren't taking the situation very seriously at all.

10. TubbyTobster

I also don't understand why Karl is still being mentioned in this and why you're referring to it as you/karl, like i said i have posted this because I have an issue with the situation, not Karl. We are separate people.

11. TubbyTobster

12. Jolie

Jolie Active Member

Okay, we'll just take Karl out of this. I still get you two confused, that is all.

I went over the recording a few more times to sort out the difference between you, I realized it was Karl who rather rude and provoking.

13. Jolie

Jolie Active Member

Ok, TubbyTobster I think we can both agree this has been resolved, correct?

14. TubbyTobster

I guess so.

15. Jolie

Jolie Active Member

Then I guess a mod can lock this now ;p

16. Jolie

Jolie Active Member

A mod can lock this now?

17. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN: