Declined /trusted islands

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Grepatue, Feb 3, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grepatue

Grepatue Active Member

IGN:
    Grepatue
    I feel like this would be a great new command to implement with the new update if possible there Dex :heart:

A command allowing you to view a list of islands you are trusted on.

• No Support No Support x 8
  2. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

I originally supported the linked suggestion but Krissy's point is why I don't think this should be a feature.

3. Grepatue

Grepatue Active Member

IGN:
    Grepatue
    I think Krissy needs some more faith in the player base…geez. I mean same argument could be made to friend everyone who trusts you and then visit a friends list. Same concept. So that argument is a bit shaky imo

4. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I personally don't think the playerbase is as trustworthy. Griefing and looting is a common practice on Skyblock and probably happens on a weekly, if not daily basis. This just adds more tension to the staff team.
    what
    not rly imo but ok!

5. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo has often helped greenies by building/fixing stone gens or changing their spawners for them. Sometimes they forget to untrust afterwards.
    Lesser people than Drogo, and there are a lot of them, might take advantage of that.

6. Grepatue

Grepatue Active Member

IGN:
    Grepatue
    Oh geez boba. I mean that every time you get trust on an island you could friend that person. Then using Krisseys logic you could go down your friend list and visit the people who haven’t been around in a while, test where there’s still trust and likely you’ll find one pretty quick. So there’s ways to keep track if wanted anyway. I just don’t see why we don’t make it easier.

People are usually bad period. That’s why giving /trust is a big deal. It’s also good to know who trusts you. <While that may arguably make it ‘easier’ it doesn’t make it THAT much harder either.>

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  7. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    So you really don’t see why they shouldn’t make it easier for people to do bad things?

Why not just remove island protection all together. Then it’s really easy.

8. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Drogo is correct, there really is no valid reason for adding it.

If you want it added just for the sake of curiosity, then that doesn't outweigh the potential harm of people finding out who they can grief or steal from. If you want it so that you can see what friends trust you, again that doesn't outweigh potential dangers. If you want it so you can remember whose island you can build on for a project or some joint effort, then 95% of the time you will be talking to that person anyways and can ask to be trusted. If you want it so you can gift someone something, then you can do this without being trusted or just ask anyways. There is not a valid enough reason that will overshadow the potential risks of finding out players to grief.

9. Grepatue

Grepatue Active Member

IGN:
    Grepatue
    So no mention of just keeping track and it not being that hard anyway? ‘There is not a valid enough reason that will overshadow the potential risks of finding out players to grief.‘

10. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Same as what was stated, there's no valid reason and there's no point in making it easier.

11. Grepatue

Grepatue Active Member

IGN:
    Grepatue
    I mean. People with bad memory like myself who can’t even remember a username after 5 minutes would really like it. I’ve been asked to build something and said cool I will and got /trust. Logged off to do it the next day. Get on, completely forget who it is.

I guess I should write stuff down. Oh well.

I get it no one likes the idea cuz they are too worried about its abuse. Fair.

12. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

The idea itself is smart, for an ideal world ya know. It’s perfect for all us helpful, well-meaning people to use.

Unfortunately we don’t have the luxury of being in that ideal world and this has an element of risk that may scale too great to outweigh the pros, that’s all.

The idea is good! But the scum bags ruin it for everyone. Just a better way to look at it than taking a dump on your idea.

13. Grepatue

Grepatue Active Member

IGN:
    Grepatue
    I know Leo you’re right too many scumbags for us to enjoy luxurious that should be around if it weren’t for said scumbags.

14. Sky

Sky Active Member Premium

IGN:
    SkyGuyGamerz
    This used to be a thing, but the only thing I recall from it was people would visit players that haven’t been on in a while and take all of their stuff

15. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    sorry great but no support on the idea

this only further enables players a way to source looting victims.

16. OnceDucky

OnceDucky Active Member

lmao just write down the ign of anyone who trusts you

17. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    I don’t see this being of any use for anyone other than scumbags.

18. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    Thank you for creating a suggestion!
    Unfortunately after looking at it we have decided that we will not be adding this feature. We felt like this would not be possible or needed in-game, so your suggestion has been declined. Feel free to create a new suggestion, we're always looking for new additions!
    This thread has been locked and moved to Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.