Withdrawn Tog’s Staff/Helper Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Tog, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly

Holly Active Member

Tbh that’s a pretty mature reply. I don’t think your application represents you as well as it could :) also sorry I came across really mean lol I’m a bit full on

2. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    I’m not one to make these kind of assumptions, seeing as I have had a major break from sky block (well needed), but this application seems fairly informative and is a great example of what a decent applications should look like. I myself applied when I was quite the immature, u trained player thinking it was all just fun and games with staffing. Back to the point my idea of this application is that it is informative and also quite well structured. I will stay neutral

Goodluck,
    Pancake

3. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Togpuss are you still applying for staff? If so don’t forget to bump or we may end up closing it. If not let me know and I’ll archive the thread for you

4. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I am still applying, yes. Sorry for the inconvenience, I will bump it next time. :)

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  5. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    I'm going to say support given I've seen you help out new players on classic and the new server and that your a nice guy!

6. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Hello, due to recent actions of yours I think it’s wise you add your Ratings ban which you have received after immaturely rating my posts. You behave like this commonly and there is no way in my opinion you are ready to have power or control over anyone. You are not fit to be a moderator, no support. Screenshot - e38b88f9adc73ce6a0246d2eb87eb543 - Gyazo

7. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I wouldn’t exactly say you were the model user due to you getting the same punishment and furthermore unnecessarily rating several of my posts and archerexpert777 ’s posts with rude in order to get our ratings low. I rated them like that for a reason - most of which involved you either claiming your items are worth ten times more than they actually are; or trash talking my more valuable items. It was not for any form of hatred, but just to get my point across. I hope you reconsider your decision in the future. I would be happy to discuss this privately.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  8. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Well I got no punishment actually haha, I can still rate :)
    And I rated archer’s comment as rude after he commented a rude sentence about my trading. As for the disagrees that I “disagreed with to get your ratings low” I didn’t, and you making false accusations like this is yet another reason you are unfit for Mod.
    You could’ve apologised for wrongly rating my comments but instead you said “no u did it to get my ratings low so i retaliated”, when in actuality I disagreed 2 of your comments, of which I have removed, and you disagreed with 5+ of mine.

9. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Bump bump. ^-^

10. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

Support as long as you stay active

11. Universal

Universal Well-Known Member

Based on your responses to the constructive criticism you've received, I don't see you being fit as a staff member specifically because of the lack of maturity. What I mean by this is that you really don't have to give an excuse for every bit of advice you're handed. Based on what I've seen alone on forums, I won't be supporting this.

12. BabyYoda777

BabyYoda777 Active Member

IGN:
    Cosmoschaos
    I won't be supporting this due to the lack of social maturity as a whole, I see you as a great person, but not as someone that is mature enough to be judging what other players can or cannot do. I think that after a couple more years you will start to understand the true importance of a moderater/helper.

13. BabyYoda777

BabyYoda777 Active Member

IGN:
    Cosmoschaos
    This is another reason I don't support.

Attached Files:

14. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Thanks for these two pieces of feedback. I will try and work on these aspects.

As for this one, I do have a reason. Before I sent this message, I noticed someone else said something similar - username unknown. I was effectively taking the pee out of the message that this other person said previously and you could argue I was quoting it. I understand now how that certainly was a very immature thing to say and would definitely go back in time to fix this mistake if that were possible.

Hopefully within the next couple of years, I can get my act together and hopefully convince you that I would be a good addition to the staff team. Many thanks for addressing this.

15. Gutlerglates

Gutlerglates Active Member

IGN:
    IKillU69x
    No support because you act way to self entitled like you are already apart of the servers staff team.
    Your comments don't seem to be constructive to all, but more as to what you want to see.
    Goodluck in the near future as I look forward to seeing you more often ^.^

16. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    No support~
    I think you are unbalanced, 1 day I see you behaving perfectly, the other day I see you being immature in the way you act. I think balance is important as an applicant. I feel like you should work on your maturity, it often comes with age though, you might simply not be ready mentally for the position you're applying for. But I think you have the capability to work your maturity up. Along with this, I've seen you double posting a bit on your application, the rule can easily be missed. But as an applicant, I think you should be aware and be careful about rules and stuff like that. I really hope you take this reply as help for improvement.

Best of luck!!

17. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

No support. Many reasons, many of them too complicated to explain at 5am in the morning. I don’t see you being a fit moderator.

18. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Just realised I haven't made a comment on this application, my apologies.

Hi Tog,
    I'm sticking with neutral for now, I see you in-game, I see you help out but furthermore, these points can definitely be worked on. As for the 3 platform activity, I do see you about on forums (don't specifically know what you're doing) and obviously see you in-game and as for discord I see you making small talk sometimes (which I cannot fault as I'm not there much either.)

My only concern is from comments other players have made about you. Although we are friends and on quite good terms, you need to spread this respect and niceness to everybody on the server- whether you're not on the best terms or not. You need to focus on being polite and helpful as much as possible.

Hopefully, I can switch to support really soon!
    Good luck:hah:

19. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Thank you for the feedback! I have been trying to work on balancing my behaviour and keeping it consistently good. I will also try to work on maturity; but as you said- that can come with age. As for the double posting part, I understand I have done this on my application once; although I can assure you that I have become mor confident on how to use forums properly since then- after all, I have sent over 400 messages since then.

I don’t want to assume, but it has come to my attention from other members that you have decided to no support this application due to the fact that I no-supported your application. I apologise if I am wrong on this. Anywho, I try not to act self entitled and try to act as professional as possible now I have filed my staff application. Can you elaborate on how you think I act as if I’m ‘already part of the servers team’ please, thanks!

Would appreciate if you could post reasonings at a reasonable time for you. In the mean time, get some sleep if you haven’t already. :)

Thanks for the feedback Geo! :)
    I am online on forums an awful lot these days and am also on discord too. I spend a lot of time talking in private chats on discord since the Skyblock server often has a dead chat. I try to be as respectful, helpful and nice as possible on the server even to those who I am not on the best terms with. Although I can get frustrated with certain people which could effect the way the message is delivered. With time, I will try and work on this and hope to re-convince you in the future. Thanks for the feedback once again; much appreciated.

20. Gutlerglates

Gutlerglates Active Member

IGN:
    IKillU69x
    Dont worry Togpuss, I havnt done no-support because of my staff app. I am willing to change to neutral because I have seen you online and despite that you done the whole "Who wants my kit" thing to me thinking that its your titan kit but really it was the sapling kit, I did find that funny and Im sure others would have takin it in a bad way like some do, but not me.
    I cant really recall the exacts comments and what not about the self entitled stuff and the 'acting like your a staff member already" but I did feel this way a while ago when i was reading some posts and I haven't seen anything like that recently so that's good.
    This is a problem I have also encountered with certain players (Mainly the same player) but I wont say names.
    It is very toxic to have this happen to you and it is not fair that somone who thinks they are better than everyone else can make it seem that somthing you wrote is offensive when it is not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.