Tickrate/Lag

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by BostonNerdism, Jun 1, 2018.

1. BostonNerdism

BostonNerdism Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    BostonNerdism
    Noticed recently there has been some lag issues , this can be fixed just with skyblock users themselves

do u have redstone clock setups ? , do you have flowing water or lava on your island flowing into the void ? If this applies to you then cap off anything flowing or stop anything redstone before you go offline unless you have a high demand shop etc

also if ya don't want stuff such as cobble and what not don't leave it for clearlag , toss it to the void

together as a skyblock community we can bring the tickrate back to where it should be for better results

may not be much but if we all pitch in and do this it will help us all in the end

Thanks

Boston Nerdism

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dewsiee

Dewsiee Boss Member

Lag issues have been and will continue to be in improvement. I've noticed a dramatic change in the TPS, however there are still issues with it, and hopefully we can get some more improvements soon.

3. BostonNerdism

IGN:
    BostonNerdism
    says the one with 72 spawners.....thats overkill , yea they are working on their end but as players we can help also on our end by reducing what we do on our islands , example would be sky supply , theres a redstone clock just tickin away underneath not doing anything clocks should be broken and then restarted when needed and not always running when not on unless AFK for a few hours

4. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Shouldn't this be in the discussion section as it isn't something the owners and developers can add. Plus the main reason for lag is the grinders and mostly the people who are AFK grinding at them and redstone plays a part too but hopefully it will improve more in the future ; )

5. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

I’m sure Lee is already working on fixing it, he’s always one step ahead of us!

6. BostonNerdism

IGN:
    BostonNerdism
    umm it was a suggestion to all of you.....to help the server out and increase tickrate there is only so much the devs can do on their end , and the tickrate will only improve if we do our part as the players

7. BostonNerdism

IGN:
    BostonNerdism
    well i guess im one step ahead , sometimes its the small things that do the most damage in minecraft and thats all it takes

8. nateasham

nateasham Well-Known Member

BostonNerdism thanks for bringing to my attention something was running wild (if that was the tree farm?), everything else has on/off switches and i just added one to that. if it is something else you see running let me know cause now i think they're all off

9. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Yes there are things people can do to help the lag issues. Also the issues are being looked at with backend improvements coming soon.

The main source of lag is hoppers. So perhaps ease up on using them.