Implemented Thoughts after day 1 of beta

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by KingJonSnow, Feb 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingJonSnow

KingJonSnow Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    Just wanted to post some thoughts and ideas after 24 hours on the beta.

So far, it seems like giant leaps have been made since the original beta we tested months ago. All the farms I tested work really well and I was able to make everything work that I had access to. The 400 water event seems really low and I was continually hitting it based on the amount of water I have on my island because it doubles as a built island as well as a farm island. I don't know if the farms I made were too big or not, but I don't feel like I made any unnecessarily laggy farms. Also if I make a mistake and broke a block that caused water to fall straight down to the bottom of my island, it broke a lot of the farms and I had to go back and update them. Not a big deal just think this amount could be increased.

The server events were amazing and caused a lot of excitement and coming together when they hit which is so cool. Often times you can stay to your island and get in the zone without interacting with others, but this caused us all to meet up and see what was available. The pinata is so fun and gives out pretty great rewards. The wandering trader is exciting to interact with to see what they have available. I think some of the items the wandering trader has could be implemented into another villager at /warp grass though. Deepslate is such a common block in vanilla and only being able to buy 32 every 1-6 hours could be daunting with no other means of obtaining it. All the other themed shops with the wandering trader seemed great and gave access to more difficult to obtain blocks and items.

Passive mob spawning worked so much better than I thought it would (after Dex gave me some guidance) and I think everyone is going to absolutely love being able to fill their island with cute animals that are able to run around and make the island look more living. The new biomes in the selection are also nice to give some more variation to the options we currently have.

The nether was amazing and it seemed like some of the drops are slightly better when it comes to mining which was very nice since its a lot more dangerous to farm things in the nether now. The drop rate of ancient debris was better than expected which was really nice for those looking to obtain netherite armor and tools.

Some of the items still seemed unobtainable unless I missed some of the wandering traders, but I tried to go to spawn as often as I could to try and see what they were trading and what the different themes were.

Altogether, it is an absolute blast and thanks to Dex for all the hard work that he has put into the server. Some of the small details just make it so much more fun and less stagnant promoting a better community experience I think everyone is going to love. Will try and post more if anything changes after day 2.

2. AdamCakezor

AdamCakezor Well-Known Member

IGN:
    AFVpyr
    I'd agree with the beta needing more time due to the lack of people who actively agreed to sign up, Or they rush the release and be swamped with bug fixing later on when more players are playing.

3. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo doesn't know if there was a lack of people signing up, perhaps a lack of people whitelisted though.
    A number of players who provided a fair bit of feedback on the first beta test weren't whitelisted which makes no sense.
    If people are keen to help, why would you not take that?

4. AdamCakezor

AdamCakezor Well-Known Member

IGN:
    AFVpyr
    That is probably also true.

5. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    Thanks for your feedback,

- The limit has been increased.
    - The wandering trader just offered demo trades so things will change when it gets launched, we'll try to make common blocks more accessible.
    - Nether drop rates weren't final during the beta test we will however try to keep everything balanced without frustratingly low drop rates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.