The point of skyblock

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by xita4, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xita4

xita4 Experienced Member

Hello everyone,
    I've seen a lot of people don't understand the whole point of skyblock.
    They keep saying thing like 'hey were be mainland ddduuuuhh' or 'where can me mine wut is this duhh'.
    Some people even think they are alone in a world and so have permision to grief/loot other islands.
    So here is a explanation.

Skyblock is a survival map made by our owner Noobcrew himself.
    In the single player version, found here [Surv] SkyBlock - Minecraft Forum, there will be mainland at some point.
    In this server, this is not the case.
    The only thing you will find if bridge (wich is NOT allowed) are other islands from other players.
    In skyblock, you will get a chest full of things and a single tree.
    You are supposed the complete the challenges found with the /challenges command.
    After that, just do fun things like building cool stuff and stand like a boss at public areas.
    In one defenition: 'the point of skyblock is to build a world out of nothing and complete the challenges'.
    There aren't really specific 'goals' to reach.
    Except the challenges of course.

Question that are being asked a lot.
    Where can I mine? You can't mine anywhere.
    Where is the mainland? There is no mainland.
    How can I get things that aren't on my island? Things like diamonds, iron, cacoa beans are obtained trough donating or trading with other players. For more information on how to get a thing, post below.
    What should I build next? If you've completed all the challenges, try to build something nice like a big mansion or a statue of yourself.

After this, I hope I won't see anyobody asking what the points of skyblock is ;)
    Sincerely xita4

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. xita4

xita4 Experienced Member

The thread is ment for people who have common sense, but don't want to ask every single question in the chat.

Some people don't know how to download the single player version, so they start here.
    Broadcast sends about once per 20 minutes the msg: 'Look on our forums too Skyblock Forums'
    They'll find the help page, because they are looking for some answers.
    And again, if you have common sense, you will start looking in this section.

People without common sense, just give them short answers and time will teach them the rest.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  3. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    Thread is outdated, there are no more challenges :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.