The lag can definitely be fixed*

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by GRocksMc, Jul 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GRocksMc

GRocksMc Member

*It'll just take some effort

The lag is completely server side (although it can be worsened with a laggy computer.) That can easily be seen because even the best of computers, with great internet, will have lag. ClearLag helps, but it only clears ground items which are totally not the entire problem.

Most all (if not all) fixes could be made by plugins. The plugins could completely unload chunks that people are not loading and/or deleting abandoned islands. It can also easily be made so people can not be AFK (not even in AFK pools) which could help reduce lag. Another problem could be the implemented AntiCheat plugin is checking too many events all at once. There are more (many) problems along with solutions, but these are some of the biggest and should be fixed ASAP.

I am not at all suggesting the developers are not working their hardest. In fact, I would love to get in touch with them and help solve the issues.

2. SkittleNinja77

SkittleNinja77 Member

Some people leave there islands for along time and come back like you and I coming back after a couple months. By deleting islands you might be deleting someones master piece and they come back on to no island and ask questions and wonder why?? We both know how important our islands are to people(5 years in the making). Deleting islands might cause problems between the people(players) and staff and might be a lot of chaos through out the server and forums. It might not get that bad but you never know what could happen. All I know is if I came back months later and my island was deleted I would be pretty mad and ask what and why happened.

3. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

A developer was promoted and wants to work on the lag. So hopefully things can get sorted out.

4. GRocksMc

GRocksMc Member

Krissy,

Am I able to get in contact with said developer?

5. KingDG

KingDG Experienced Member

Be self-sufficient:

1. Go to Staff Team (on the top tab list next to "Forums")
    2. Scroll down to Developers
    3. Start a conversation with the developer who was promoted most recently (you'll likely see a lot of recent "Congratulations!" posts on his profile).
    4. Converse with said developer.

VoilĂ .

6. GRocksMc

GRocksMc Member

KingDG,

I'm very sorry, I did not realize that tab was even a thing. Thank you for notifying me!

7. KingDG

KingDG Experienced Member

Haha, that's totally fine; I was probably too sarcastic myself. I'm happy to help, either way. :)

8. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Lee is quite good at this stuff and said he will try his best so hold up :).