The gold crisis

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by ItsRed, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    Lets get straight to the point the current drop rate for pigmen's gold nuggest is one in two really high chances eh?

Well i got a way that maybe we can have it like 1-10 for nuggets or a lower chance for it that way there is still a viable source of gold but not so much that you would be able to make an entire island.

• No Support No Support x 3
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2019
  2. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Hi Red,

Zombie pigmen can now only spawn in the Nether, but they now have natural, un-nerfed drops which follow standard Minecraft mechanics:
    • Common drops
      • 0–1 rotten flesh
      • 0–1 gold nuggets.
      • The maximum amount of each can be increased by 1 per level of Looting used, up to a maximum of 4 each at Looting III.
    • Rare drops
      • 2.5% chance to drop a gold ingot if killed by a player
      • 8.5% chance to drop their golden sword when their death is registered as a player kill.
      • The chances of each can be increased by 1% per level of Looting
    (Source: Zombie Pigman – Official Minecraft Wiki)

Can you please describe how your suggestion differs from this, and how this would benefit the server?

3. EItan

EItan Member

IGN:
    Eitan3128
    i think he mean that you will increase to 1-10 so we will be able to still get gold

4. Leeeroieee

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    So is the suggestion that we increase their drop rate to ten times the normal Minecraft levels?

Zombie pigmen now follow standard Minecraft mechanics. They are no longer nerfed. Looting 3 increases the chance to up to four gold nuggets per kill, which is far higher than they were before. In addition, they have a chance of dropping gold ingots, which are equal to 9 gold nuggets, and gold swords, which can be smelted for gold nuggets.

5. EItan

EItan Member

IGN:
    Eitan3128
    if i understand red right so it is

6. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    oh! i mean like- idk how to explain this so make it so gold nuggets drop less often

7. DegenerateGnome

DegenerateGnome Active Member

IGN:
    DegenerateGnome
    lol, I love how this happens the very next day after I bought a bunch of spawners for my public pigmen farm, the price literally halved for spawners and now the nuggies aren't even available without a nether grinder, gg mods, you have put me in a tight corner...

8. Leeeroieee

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Ah, I think I understand now, Red. Were you suggesting that we lower the drop chances to make them less frequent? If that's the case, I should probably explain why we've taken a different approach.

As Noobcrew explained in his forum post about the recent change to zombie pigmen (Zombie Pigmen & Gold Blocks | Skyblock Forums) part of the problem was how the nerfs we applied to zombie pigmen drops made the problem worse, because players responded by making bigger and bigger grinders to compensate for the reduced drop rate.

So instead, we've un-nerfed their drops entirely, which means they now follow standard Minecraft rules on the number and types and number, their chances of dropping more than one item at a time, and how the Looting enchantment affects this.

We hope by doing this, players won't have to resort to making such large grinders, since they'll be able to get more gold nuggets per kill.

However, that still doesn't address the problem caused by the very large grinders that already exist. We've had to disable zombie pigman spawning in the overworld at least until we can implement reasonable limits on the number of spawners, hoppers, and other lag-inducing tile entities, that players can place on their islands.

Once this has been done, we'll be in a
    better position to try re-enabling zombie pigmen spawning in the overworld in a way that doesn't cause excessive lag.

9. DegenerateGnome

DegenerateGnome Active Member

IGN:
    DegenerateGnome
    Leeeroieee setting a spawner limit wont make people happy, people have invested allot of grass into the things, I don't know how to fix this but that definitely isn't the way, especially since people pay IRL money for them

10. Leeeroieee

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Don't you think it would be fair to at least give it a try before making up your mind that it won't work?

If you check out mingo_x's island on classic, you can see how useful other mob grinders can be even with far fewer spawners than we've gotten used to using for zombie pigmen.

Don't forget that zombie pigmen drops were nerfed to the point where you needed a lot more spawners to get the same amount of drops, and lots more hoppers to handle the unwanted drops.

We honestly won't need to dedicate so many spawners to grind them when they have natural drops and you can use Looting III on them. That way they can be spread out among more players and be used for different types of grinders.

11. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    I think this thing has been resolved

Could i get a close on this?

12. Leeeroieee

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Thread locked on request.
    If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    The Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.