Closed The economy is terrible

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Timm, May 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timm

Timm Well-Known Member

IGN:
    TimLatte
    130 grass for a beacon and only 55 for a spawner
    These are only going to get cheaper through time and items will just be worthless

2. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

It has always been terrible. I've never once liked the player made economy and rarely cared about trades because of it.

3. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    The economy isn't at its best and hasn't been for a long time. They need to introduce new trades that players will want to spend their grass on so that everything isn't so damn cheap. If that doesn't happen, I'm sure grass will be almost worthless soon.

4. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    It is an issue and like people keep saying, things just are barely worth anything. All it takes is one person to make something a couple grass cheaper and then everyone else follows suit, and so on until things aren’t worth anything. I mean look at diamonds. 3-5 grass each, compared to server release when they were around 12-15 and back on classic around 2 years ago when they were more like 22-24. It’s very sad but I have no idea how prices can end up going up again :(

5. Timm

Timm Well-Known Member

IGN:
    TimLatte
    They need to stop giving out Beacons in MA for a start. It was a nice idea but just floods the economy.

6. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    you get beacons in MA after fighting 40 rounds, most likely half the team you had dying off, probably all of your medics out of heals and everything. It isn't even a beacon, actually, you have to go out and buy obsidian and glass just for the beacon to be made. Without us winning the MA, there would be no beacons, unless you feel like spending a crap ton of grass on wither heads to kill a wither.

7. Timm

Timm Well-Known Member

IGN:
    TimLatte
    My point is we now have hundreds of beacons/nether stars, and they can be obtained from Epic and Legendary crates. I feel it would be better to remove the nether star reward from MA or make it less likely to receive. Also I played MA earlier today and only about 4 people died. We also get the people who AFK in the middle being lazy to get $$.

8. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Maybe the people can't control when they AFK. Maybe a family emergency comes up and they have to leave right that instant without a warning. And not everyone has like 100000 grass or dollars to spend on keys, making beacons the easier way to go instead of ALSO buying glass and obsidian for it, your average price being anywhere between 6:1-8:1 for glass and 1:2 for obby. And people are selling it for higher, idk who you're getting it from that sells it 130 but I've literally watched the price, guess what, RISE.

Last week I bought my first few beacons for 110-115 grass either. I came back to my selling and he's doing 130 grass. A few days later its 135 grass. It's been rising, so I don't know what you're on.

9. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    The reason I don’t like the economy is because once one person does something everyone follows like ab said I only do rare trades because their the only way of fair and honest fun way of making money.

What I don’t want is crew to go crazy on drop parties first he started with a decent amount of pumpkin heads then a decent amount of crew heads

Then he went to 2 different types of head present heads and Santa heads with different lorez of each
    Next he went to 4 DIFFERENT types of Easter heads with 2 different lores for each

If this continues we will eventually have 10 different type of heads and 5 different lores making head basically worthless because everyone will think their 1 out of 2 head is so special and they won’t be collectible’s anymore

Classic is the only play where the heads are controlled because cyp used to do the dp’s

10. Krissy

One of the main issues is the assumption that something is rare or more expensive. Diamonds were valued low before there were a lot in the economy because people predetermined there would be a lot. Spawner prices changed dramatically because one person decided to sell theirs for many diamonds. Grass was valued higher. It was all due to people trying to put a price on things so early on.

There is no incentives to spend in game currency except higher donor ranks and the odd rares that get dropped in if that is your thing. Skyblock isn't supposed to be economy based but we couldn't help ourselves doing it because resources are not widely available to everyone which creates a need to trade.

Its fun to have shops to earn grass and all that but its the entire focus of the game. On classic things weren't added in case it made the economy freaks mad.

You can't change the economy and I learned that a long time ago. The only thing you can do really is adapt to it. Which is why i rarely trade, got the donor ranks i did so i can be self sufficient and focused on building.

I love skyblock dearly but the only thing that has really bothered me is some of the game play elements like the economy.

11. Timm

Timm Well-Known Member

IGN:
    TimLatte
    I never really thought of it that way. Problem I have with just building is I get so bored. I started playing the server again on Friday and already I am extremely bored.

12. Krissy

it isn't for everyone i know. personally thats what i did. its why i on classic i've got like 5 completed islands.

13. Timm

Timm Well-Known Member

IGN:
    TimLatte
    Hmm, I just get really demotivated and stuff, like right now XD

14. Krissy

minecraft itself isn't as fun as it once was back when it was newer.
    what will change to help everyone find things fun again. I wonder.

15. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    Lol people need to void half of all their diamonds then it would save the economy from having dias go for 1:1

me and a few others were talking about trying to make emeralds a more used trade item because they are more costly then diamonds and were about the same price as diamonds a few months ago im pretty sure the first noticeable change in diamond prices came from ONLYUSEmeTroll where he sold for 7 grass where they used to be 9

and tbh emeralds would be better because theyre rarer then diamonds but arent used its possible

16. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    One issue with the economy is (even though it could be for the better) /limits. Once you get your limit's worth of spawners and hoppers, you don't have much to work towards. Spawners and hoppers start to lose their value rapidly, especially for players way over their limit. I think there should be an alternative, to maybe be reimbursed at a server-made shop, such as 30 spawners for a legend/epic key, or ect. This could help keep items and diamonds worth their value, as it would give players something to fall back on.

17. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    bro make a suggestion on this

18. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Yea I'm starting to hate this, when it was first month of the new server (Feb 2018), Diamonds were 8 grass each for 1,
    After CypriotMerkz resigned, Noobcrew dropped 5 super rare heads with 3 colors in droppartys, so they will be good enough for the economy.

Back then Classic used to be like 20 Grass for 1 Diamond when there wasn't a nether or a mob arena giving out nether stars, Droppartys being hosted by CypriotMerkz was different Cyp dropped 100 heads in every holiday dropparty and the economy is still fine back in classic.

It's kinda like Earth running out of resources and population is growing, in a few years everything will be worthless. (except super rare items.)

Noobcrew needs to do 100 heads again like CypriotMerkz did in droppartys, this is why my Island takes so long to finish.

19. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    this didn't happen cause cyp was gone. I don't know why it happened but I'm guessing it was because they wanted more creative rares to be out there?
    Skyblock will never be classic, and I'm not sure if there's a way the economy will ever be stabilized at this point.

20. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    What I’m saying if crew drops 20 different for example Santa heads and 2 lores for each then each head will be so unique that you can’t collect them all and they will be quite worthless

There was a mob arena in classic. If you beat it you only won one diamond
    If we cut beacons from mob arena that will make their price go up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.