Economy The Banker

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Adriansop, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    2020-10-25_12.46.50.png
    This is supposedly the banker of economy, a feature that should be talked about more than it currently is (if ever). As the economy grows, the wealth of leading players thrive on the success of massive afk farms, which isn't very good for the server's performance. A banker suits economy's icon a bit more.

The main idea of a banker is to allow you to deposit and withdraw your balance, and receive more skybucks based on the daily interest rate and how much is deposited. Though, leaving it like this opens up a great deal of imbalance of the economy. It would be impractical to give a constant interest rate on exponentially growing money at the bank, without ever even having to touch it. To control the bank's features, I will describe a few methods to balance out or prevent unwanted behaviour of the feature.

By no means are all the methods required to make a good fit, but I think it should rather serve as inspiration to create content for economy that is beneficial to all.

Interest rate
    After a given amount of time, you'll receive interest for the money you've deposited. The first thing that came to mind is to base the interest rate on how much is deposited. A formula is for example:
    Screenshot (41).png
    where x is the amount deposited at the banker. The more money deposited, the lower the interest rate. However I realised that this algorithm can be bypassed by sharing balance over multiple accounts. Instead the interest rate could be based on randomness, or even on the average TPS on one day; whatever factor makes sense, preferably one that stimulates players to favour the banker instead of afk farms.
    The amount earned could either be deposited automatically or sent to your player balance (which would require you to visit the bank every day if you want to earn more).

Deposit limit
    A straightforward feature that limits your ability to deposit more than you want to. This limit could be set at for example $100,000 a day. This way most players will have a fair/equal chance for their investments to become a viable source of income, instead of the richest members to be immediately capable of ultimate dominance.

Withdrawal fee
    Every time you would like to withdraw money from the bank, a fee will come haunt you. Such a feature will require you to invest wisely and to not over-deposit money you will end up needing the next hour. A percentage of every amount you withdraw should do the trick (had initially thought a fee of 10% of whatever amount you withdraw). In contrary to the deposit limit described above, you can withdraw at any time, with no limit to how many times you can withdraw.

Interest rate cap
    Money deposited at the bank will forever have an exponential growth rate. The amount you can earn a day should be restricted to an amount that is reasonable ($500,000?) to further prevent the richest from securely staying at a dominant position. And who knows a total depository cap might help, where the bank can only hold so much before the interest earned starts vanishing into thin air.

Login requirement
    A requirement of logging in at least once a day (or week) so we won't have to deal with players coming back after five years to check the explosion their investment has experienced.

Investment plans
    This method may outclass some of the other methods covered so far, but it's nonetheless an interesting idea. The banker may offer a variety of investment plans for you to choose from. Choosing an investment plan of one day for example may give you a low interest rate (for that day), whereas choosing a month plan may give you a significantly higher interest rate (for the whole month). Investment plans will have cooldowns for use, and the rebates for your investment will come back periodically or all at once at the end of the investment plan, whichever is preferred (and maybe receive a special head after a one year-plan!!).

The banker certainly sounds more intriguing now, doesn't it? I look forward to what you think of the idea presented, and if the banker should be added. I encourage you to share and discuss your ideas if you are interested in a feature like this (or something similar). Let the economy flourish!

• Support Support x 14
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Total support. I was beginning to think that they've forgotten about the banker but I hope they add it soon. Plus I want that interest to get richer :weary:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  3. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Support! However, I feel like there could be an easier way to prevent this “exponential unlimited growth”. Players could be offered a wide variety of options to choose from, like depositing their money for a day with an interest rate of x%, a week for a higher interest rate, a month, and so on... maybe even a year. Therefore, after that time has gone by, your money simply stops “growing”, lol

There could also be some kind of cool down, especially for the 1 day option

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    support i like the deposit daily cap and login in requirement
    100k a day and 1 login per week sound good to me
    alos maybe 1% 2% or % interest per day
    and a rule agains using alts for it

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  5. Adriansop

IGN:
    Adriansop
    Thank you for the support!
    I actually like this idea, I'll do my best to add a subsection for it. Forgive me if I misinterpret it in anyway, feel free to correct me. Regardless, it deserves some attention.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  6. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Support. The feature was supposed to be implemented but never was. It would make things interesting

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. badpeteno

badpeteno Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BadPeteNo
    Always nice to see features. Support.

8. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

i actually think that this is quite a cool suggestion and would definitely add more to the purpose of an 'economy' server if that makes sense. this would definitely bring some changes to the eco server (in a good way) !!

support

9. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    This would decrease afk time by providing income that doent need to be afked for
    also this makes skybucks more valuable cause rn they get less valuable a bit each day
    needs a cap on max deposited per day
    also 1% interest per day seems good

10. Megasoul1

Megasoul1 Member

The banker would made this game so much more interesting and if it isn't gonna be added i would be sad.

11. Gascanner

Gascanner Member

Makes sense, though it would be nice for activity restrictions like mentioned.

12. Adriansop

IGN:
    Adriansop
    I'm glad you guys like the idea!
    Saitama bump

13. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Bump for adrian

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. ItsZac

ItsZac Member

100% Support! This would be an incredible feature for Economy that would slow down our lag issue slightly (which should be a top priority). I really would love to see this implemented.

15. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

This is a good idea, my only concern would be that this would decrease the value of the currency as there would be a new free source of income that there wasn’t before. It would also affect the exchange rates between the servers again weakening the value in economy.

Good idea, just needs to be carefully implemented so the already super rich who have decreased the $ value don’t drastically decrease it even more.

If you can make “free money” then you can expect things to start costing more due to that potential. The balances on economy are already messed up due to the mass afk farming and ability to infinitely sell products to the shop. We all know economy is the afk’ers paradise which is killing the value of economy $ everyday.

It just seems there wouldn’t be a fair way to add this feature to benefit those who need it compared to the abuse it could get from the super rich to become richer.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    HEART REACTION

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

I support this idea in hopes it may be added to the new 1.19 version of Economy being created. I believe since 2019 the “Banker” has sat at spawn reading “Coming Soon!” in true SkyBlock fashion acting as if it really is coming soon.

• Agree Agree x 1