TELL ME UR opinion on gender stereotypes!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lemonade, May 12, 2018.

1. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    - do you care if guys wear earrings?
    - do you care if girls cut their hair to look like a guy?
    - for your first impression, if a guy appears to be well-dressed and cares about his appearance, do you assume him to be gay?
    EDIT: CLARIFICATION by well-dressed, I mean wearing things like cropped pants, tucked in shirts, maintained eyebrows, hairstyle, etc. b/c I know there are people that view this as "feminine"
    - anything else?

I know that for some people, there are things that people see as black and white whereas some see it as a gray area. Tell me your opinion!

If this gets too heated, plz lock but don’t delete @mods

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    1- No I don't but I dislike wearing earrings myself
    2- No I don't
    3- Not really. Especially where I live I doubt there are gay people here or maybe there are low amount of them here
    4- Not really ;P

: )

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  3. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Honestly I notice when the stereotype is broken and I would say for many brought up with the idea of gender it’s normal to judge. But I really couldn’t care about “this toy is for boys or this shirt is a mans shirt” to me it’s all just stuff.
    I feel like it is far tougher for men to express femininity than a woman to express masculinity.

I want my children to choose their own interests, styles and identity like I was able to do. When my mum finally accepted I was going to wear guys clothes and I wasn’t interested in fashion then I felt I managed to prove that I can still be as every but female despite the interests I have that society deem are for males.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

bert and krissy i agree with what you sayed :D :)
    :happy::happy::cat:p:D

5. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

honestly no to everything, we're all humans and we're all equal in rights and dignity. we should all be able to choose what WE want to do and who we want to be, not to be born into someone or doing certain things only if that makes sense

i'm actually having a unit in school on gender sterotypes lmao.. we've been looking at diff ads, tv shows like buffy the vampire slayer & like poems.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    1. No, not at all, I find it good looking (no homo)
    2. No I dont mind at all, in fact it looks great. :p
    3. No. some people at my school wear a full suit everyday and they're insane nerds

Conclusion: I don't care how my partner looks really (unless if it is disturbing) and care about their personality. As long as they're nice, chill, outgoing, supportive and don't mind me playing Soviet national Anthem ear rape in my car driving along a Ocean highway, you're good to go!

Armaganndon

(no im not being homo lol its for the Soviet National Anthem ear rape)

7. Dewsiee

Dewsiee Boss Member

I simply just don’t care. What they choose to do to their body or wear is up to them just as it is up to me. My opinion is half of a grain of salt in this world, so are others.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  8. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    People are always shocked when they find out I'm a girl and not a boy because I have a 'boy skin' .-. Even little things like that are put into categories of gender, it's up to people how they have their hair, how they dress, and who they are. We're all people, we're all human :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dewsiee

Dewsiee Boss Member

What... I’m sorry for contributing to that party of shocked people, lol. I never knew that.

10. Armaganndon

Armaganndon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    armaganndon
    There are 2 genders, people need to get that in their heads before anything else.

11. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

it's what ever you want it to be girl or boy so what if you use it as a girl skin it's all the same in the end just a diffrent use :p xD i get called bro alot in game because everyone thinks i'm a boy and not a "GIRL" like it says on my proflie page :p

12. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    so I don't know what relevance that has to this discussion, but I think there's some confusion here.

By definition, gender = social norms each person should follow, e.g. a man should act like a man, and a woman should act like a woman. Obviously, there's no such thing as a 100% man and 100% woman, so what I think you're referring to is biological sex. Biological sex is the man vs woman thing (with the very small minority of people being naturally born both man and woman) that you're referring to. (And even then, both men and women are born with differing levels of testosterone and estrogen, the primary sex hormones of men and women, respectively.)

So what you're saying is that men shouldn't be allowed to wear earrings because it's too feminine/women can't wear men's shirts? I'm not accusing you of anything; I just don't understand what you're saying

13. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    1 - Nope.
    2 - No.
    3 - Not at all.

I have no issue with anyone of these things, as it's totally down to personal choices which the opinions of others shouldn't be able to change, that is, unless it's physically or mentally causing damage to that person.

The term "I wouldn't if I were you/ them" often arises when discussing things such as this topic, and I always find it strange. If you actually put yourself in the perspective of the other person who's making those choices, under those circumstances, you would most likely do the same. So why bother to judge, because you simply wouldn't do it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    1. nope, they can if they wish
    2. if they wanna do it i don't mind (or care)
    3. nope

bye ;)

15. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    To be honest, people who do judge people based off their looks, and make decisions because of one's looks are the ones who are jealous and support the stereotypes.

16. Sam

Sam Senior Member

1. No my dad does but it looks bad on half the guys that wear it
    2. No I think it’s just another styling option just like guys growing their hair out
    3. Not usually because I normally like to dress up myself but I guess if they are “over doing it” I admit I probably would take the guess they are gay

17. natominister

natominister Well-Known Member

- do you care if guys wear earrings? Naw emo kids do that idc
    - do you care if girls cut their hair to look like a guy? ...
    Do you mean traps?
    - for your first impression, if a guy appears to be well-dressed and cares about his appearance, do you assume him to be gay? Depends on what well-dressed means. Everyone cares about their appearance in this society.
    - anything else?
    Traps are gay

18. Megacrusher4200

Megacrusher4200 Well-Known Member

The whole pink is a girl color and blue is a boy color thing was started by clothing companies, so people would have to buy more clothes according to a person's "gender color" I believe.

1 - no, I have a lot of friends that are guys that wear earrings. I don't see any issue.
    2- I don't care, people have their own desirable fashion interests.
    3- No, it could be for a part in a play or some skit. Or they could have different fashion preferences.

But most of all, if somebody has a different sexual desire, that doesn't change them as a person. They aren't different like most people say they are. Nowadays, people are just saying there is no difference between people with different sexual preferences, and they are modifying rules and stuff to make this whole LGBT thing state that everybody is the same. But nobody is the same. Everybody is different. People are just taking this way too far. So what... somebody tells you they have a different sexual preference. Not a big deal, I mean, they still are human, and they aren't different because of their opinion. The only thing that makes people different from one another is their personality, ultimately. I believe everybody should treat people based off of how their personality is. It might be "weird" if all of a sudden your friend tells you their preference in sexuality, but it is important to look past that. Because in the end, they are your friend. They are human. They think like you. They Smile like you. They have eyes like you. They ARE exactly like you, but different. Don't judge anybody based off of their preference.

Get to know everybody. Be kind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
  19. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    ok I clarified the well-dressed part

20. natominister

natominister Well-Known Member

hm hitler had maintained eyebrows and hair style so idc rlly