Suicide Awareness

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Brake, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Hello, before I start I'd like to say that this a serious topic and my intentions of this thread is to attempt to encourage those who are feeling unwell to reach out to the right people. I will leave the rest of this thread in a spoiler, please proceed with caution. I'd also like to say that I am saying this personally and not as a representative of the staff team or the server. If you are feeling suicidal, or know someone who is, please contact one of your countries suicide hotlines or local authorities:
    Thanks to 52Phenomenon and Geoo_ for helping me with this thread :).

• Amazing x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Cookie x 1
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  2. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Thank you for sharing your story and your message, I hope this does help to guide someone to the assistance they need.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    This thread was heavily needed - Thank you for being the one to make this possible and although 52Phenomenon and I helped you, it still couldn't be done without you.
    Suicide is a rapidly growing action by people nowadays and sadly the percentage is increasing, including younger people too. It's good to make it aware on forums as I know multiple people (whom I will not mention) have faced mental health issues and could do with our guidance. Not saying we are fully professional counsellors however, it's nice to show that as a community we stand here side by side for each other.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Thank you for creating this thread. I have personally talked to players in the past who were openly discussing their desire to end their own life. I did this due to my own wish to help. I am not qualified to provide professional assistance, and I could only offer words of kindness, love, and the suicide hotline number.

This thread made me think back to all of my encounters of people who discussed their suicidal thoughts, and I did my best to share how they have affected me in the spoiler below. I cannot express how important it is that you made this thread and how brave you are for sharing your own story. Thank you so much.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. ShawnBerry

ShawnBerry Active Member Premium

IGN:
    ShawnBerry
    This needs to be a TOP THREAD here. something kids can see. Lots of times I feel that younger kids don't understand the weight of suicide- what they are actually saying when they throw the word around. Thank you brake for posting this.
    I'd like to share my story- not for attention- but to help others understand why I care so deeply.

About 3 years I lost my girlfriend to suicide. It was hard at first, but it, now, is what helps me understand and care for younger kids going through the same things she did. In all honesty, I think discussing this topic is, hard yes, but important. Even if it's on a smaller server in a game- any amount of education is enough.

again, thank you brake.

with love,
    Shawn

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Bumping this

• Like Like x 2
  7. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Bumping this again