Suggestion thread closure.

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by KhalDrogo, Nov 3, 2019.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo sees many suggestions, some good some bad. Many with a lot of discussion, support, non-support, etc but Drogo has no idea whether they are likely to be accepted or not.

Drogo would like to see some closure of these threads, either accepted or rejected and then locked.

There are certain suggestions that Drogo would really like to know where they are going as to some degree they can dictate how I might progress with this game.

Skyblock - Island level algorithm | Skyblock Forums
    If this is implemented, then Drogo knows he can go about building a nice island and have a shot at the leaderboards without having to fill a third of my island with an ugly mass of slimeblocks. If it's not accepted, Drogo won't bother.

Skyblock - Make terracotta easier to obtain | Skyblock Forums
    Drogo is considering spending a considerable amount of grass on terracotta ( over one DC) for a build, but if this suggestion is implemented then Drogo would be better off waiting and not lose out

Drogo thinks it's great that the owners/developers ask for suggestions from the players but there is no way to know where they are going, if they are to be implemented or even if they have been looked at by the decision makers.

• Support Support x 10
  2. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Definite support - I've made several suggestions which received community support, but then got closed two months later with no comment whatsoever. When I pressed for a comment I was ignored.

The suggestions forum should uphold the same order as the moderator applications forum - if the suggestion does not meet the requirements or goes against the communities or owners wishes, it should be locked, while debated or good suggestions should remain open until a final conclusion is made or they are implemented.

3. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
  4. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    There's so many suggestions out there that the majority of the skyblock community love but most of the time they are left idol after a while. It would definitely be great to hear whether the developers will implement it, take it into consideration, or deny it with a reason why.

5. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I suggested similar. If I can remember correctly there is a good reason that suggestions aren’t always responded to. In fact the rules for suggestions were put into place to help ease the pressure of suggestions that devs cannot consider.
    It’s nice for people to hear feedback on their suggestion but also it isn’t easy to deny an idea that they don’t need now but may use later.
    Lee will likely look at suggestions when he is working on skyblock improvements.

6. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Thanks Krissy.
    Drogo appreciates how much time it takes for the devs to look through these suggestions and as you said, the community would value any feedback from them. Even if it’s to reject suggestions it lets us know they have been considered.

7. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

The devs don’t wish to cause upset to people where possible. I also think it’s better for people to know that is was considered.
    We don’t have community engagement from higher staff as often as we should. It falls on mods. We happily do so because we know higher staff have more responsibility.
    There are things people may not know about the devs that haven’t been publicly shared. So what makes sense to me doesn’t to the public.
    I can only say that staff have meetings to discuss things that benefit the server. Suggestions we read are often brought up as changes to the server. So when the devs work on new skyblock features and updates people will get feedback.