Skyblock suggestion: add a goal gamemode

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Stevencrab, Oct 5, 2020.

?

to anyone reading this: do you think its a good idea?

1. yes

66.7%
  2. no

33.3%
  1. Stevencrab

Stevencrab New Member

im suggesting a new type of skyblock, with an actual goal. my suggestion for it is:
    there is many islands around your island (that being the classic skyblock island) wich you must travel to, each with a chest with materials wich will help alot, materials like iron, early-game tools,saplings, etc. and when you get enough obsidian from one and make a nether portal, in the nether theres even more islands, but this time theyre even bigger than the islands before. the ones in the nether could have actual ore generation, and even special netherbrick islands with blaze spawners for the blaze rod stuff, (i also suggest there be hostile mobs in this game mode if there arent already hostile mobs being spawned, so endermen can spawn too.) and once you get an eye of ender, you can teleport to the end upon using it instead of having to find a stronghold, to fight the ender dragon, and when it dies, bam you finished the gamemode.

summary/tl;dr version: lots of islands, each with chests with materials, some have obsidian so you can go to the nether, the nether has islands with ore and unique netherbrick islands wich have blazes, in the nether hostile mobs can spawn, once you get an ender eye you can use it to tp to the ender dragon, once the ender dragon is dead, the gamemode is finished.

i wonder how many times something like this has already been suggested,,,

• No Support No Support x 2
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2020
  2. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    neutral, this kind of gamemode wont really do much because you could just buy a high rank and sell the kits for extra $$$ and just skip the entire progression

3. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    then maybe kits, ranks, fly, perks, etc. can be removed from this gamemode.

I want to support this but it just seems like something that isn't worth it. like something that will get hype for about a month and be dead.

4. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    with
    with no kits ranks fly perks etc this would just die
    people are used to the normal skyblock where the only limit is their 199x199 plot

5. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    It’s not meant to be normal skyblock.. it’s why it’s being suggested as a new game mode..

6. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    that's exactly my point lol, im saying its gonna be different and people wont like that

7. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    I think that it is a good idea, if anything change would bring added interest to the server and perhaps encourage older players to rejoin.

8. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    I'm not gonna sit here and keep on going with this, but if you want to believe that change is scary, then go ahead, but I believe change is what is needed. Even if it isn't this, something new in-game is needed. I think this is a good idea, but like I said I think once the end goal is completed and the hypes went, it'll die out. I think if there was a prestige or something along those lines, it might be something more players would play for a longer time.