Staff Forum Profiles

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Acceptation, Oct 11, 2019.

Become a member to no longer see this ad. :)

1. Acceptation

Acceptation Active Member

Should staff be allowed to have a limited profile?

If you don't understand I mean a profile that doesn't let people access, here is what it would say:

[​IMG]

Like I generally don't understand why they should be allowed to do this? The whole point of being a staff member is to try and help people out, you're not going to get that from having an account where members can't even see your profile... I generally just want to know if there is a reason for some staff having it like this.

Like I said it's frustrating to try and get help from a certain staff member and you can't even get on their page, or if it's even me wanting to be nosy and have a look on their page it annoys me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Prxc

Prxc Ruler Premium

IGN:
    JamesIsCancelled
    I personally don't think it should be allowed but every time it's been brought up the staff go off until the thread gets closed so good luck w this one.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Active Member

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    Yeah people have suggested this before and the staff just comment on how they're human beings and they deserve privacy like anyone else blah blah blah etc.

Staff are here to help other players and if a new player needs to contact a staff member they are more than likely going to use their profile as the go-to place because they aren't sure how to private message.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roblox

Roblox Experienced Member

IGN:
    RobloxianRoblox
    There's two sides to this.

TL;DR

It's a complicated issue with 50/50 reasoning

• Like Like x 1
  5. Acceptation

Thanks for this.

Thanks for clearing this up more.

As for the whole "privacy" issues, I don't really see that as a problem if they are really wanting "privacy" then don't be posting anything private on the profile, it's as simple as. Conversations were made for things to be private, having a whole profile so none of the members to see is just wrong and is going to make it harder for players to find help.

What I'm basically trying to say is that it should be the other way round, staff should be using forum conversations if they are going to be wanting privacy and the profiles should be open for everyone to see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. trin

trin beamer boy Premium

IGN:
    twxntyonepilots
    Even with the reason for "privacy", you
    a. joined a public forums
    b. applied for the server
    c. got accepted and knew what your role was coming to
    but you still lock your profile? my first go-to instinct is to go onto "staff team" and click a profile from there when I need help with something, then go into the little tab and create a conversation. I feel like if you want to have your privacy, you shouldn't of applied or you should resign. we shouldn't suffer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparklez
    I agree with both sides,
    Everyone has the right to their privacy but the reason most staff members make their profile private is because back then they used to get a lot of hate from players.
    I feel as if they should not be allowed as of how the community has grown

8. Krissy

Krissy Winter Bear Staff Member Premium

Let me breeze through these arguments really quick.

1. Staff do have rights to privacy options for the same reasons players may want to restrict their profiles
    2. If you think you suffer because you cannot write on one staff profile then you don't realise that a whole 19 other mods exist that you can contact on their profiles
    3. Staff do not have secrets on their profiles
    4. Suggestions regarding this were closed because they were used to target staff who were being harassed; to further harass them; which happened to me
    5. Sorry that robot mods don't exist yet, you are stuck with humans for now.
    6. Only one staff has a locked profile, it would be a valid concern if half the team did; which hasn't happened since i've joined

Locked profiles are not the end of the world. In fact, since 2013, a maximum of 2-3 staff would private their profiles at one given time. It has never ONCE been an issue until experienced players brought it up in hopes they could access staff profiles to harass them.

Not that the OP intends to, however that is just how it went with those suggestions.

It is important to note also that majority of the new players join in game.
    The mod with the locked profile moderates in game more, and therefore helps a lot of new players.

People don't give a crap about new players until it benefits their argument. It is clear to see only a few people who have an opinion on this would help someone new here.

Now i'll just wait for all the disagrees to flow in because... eck, Krissy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Active Member

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    No one here is even hinting at a single staff member or wanting to harass a staff member...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Acceptation

kk

Players aren't staffing though, they don't have to go around helping people meanwhile staff do.

Meanwhile, this point is true, it's the staff members dutie to help people out as well as the other staff, I don't think it's fair that other staff will have to deal with issues that could potentially be the locked staff members account problem but they simply can't contact them because they can't access there profile or simply don't know how to make a forum conversation.

That gives them more of a reason for it to be public if they don't have secrets then what's the whole "privacy" issue?

Keyword "used" even bolded it for yah :)

The past is the past and honestly harassment and disrespect comes within the job, I know we all hate to say it but when you're signing up for a position online not everyone is going to be butterflies and rainbows, you are obviously going to have people who are going to harass you and disrespect you, trust me I know from experience on Mineverse. Punishments are in place to handle these situations and you do have forum punishments and I doubt this user is going to be allowed to harass staff members to the point of them closing the profile instead of just banning/muting them. Anyways you said "used" to target and harass staff so why don't they just open the profile now and see if that harassment or disrespect is still happening...

okay lol. Don't think anyone on this thread mentioned robots so I'm kinda confused on what you're meaning by this, although reread my last point.

While this is true.

Does that mean that the staff member who does have the locked profile gets to do less work compared to other staff since they don't get constant questions wrote on the profile? Hardly seems fair.

Like I've stated many many times, the past is the past. Like seriously if you think that a couple of people harassing you is going to last forever then I'm sorry but it's just not. I'm just going to assume that this staff member hasn't even tried unlocking the profile to even see if this harassment is still being continued and if it is, then forum punishments can obviously be put in place.

The majority is not all of the new players though so not everyone is going to be getting the help they need.

boop ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  11. Mikrokosmos

Mikrokosmos Active Member

i don't really see the point of having to get mods to unlock there page other then to ask for help but you can do that in a private message so you could still ask for help so what is really the point of unlocking them and there are other mods that they could probably go to if they needed it right that moment

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mai

Mai Senior Member

Nah I get it. I actually do agree that staff shouldn't lock their profiles because it's just frustrating in general regardless of the reasoning behind it however I don't think it's as big of a deal as you make it seem.
    A staff locking their profile should not stop you from getting in contact with them. Conversations should always be open and to be honest it's always best contacting a staff member through a conversation than bringing it onto their profile because their profiles aren't created for when problems arise.
    Besides, there are many staff you can keep in touch with so I don't see the big deal really.

But anyways to be honest with you, this topic has been brought up multiple times and I don't think this time will change anything.

13. Krissy

Krissy Winter Bear Staff Member Premium

This was what I was basically told.

14. trin

trin beamer boy Premium

IGN:
    twxntyonepilots
    I see people saying “just start a conversation” but must I restart to you a few simple points?
    a. We’re talking about new players god damn it, they don’t know how to start conversations 9 times out of 10
    b. When I need help and I’m pretty sure yo a new player who doesn’t know how the forums works, you click on that little “staff team” at the top and you click on a profile
    c. clicking on the damn profile brings you to their locked page
    d. guess what? you have now successfully discouraged a new player

15. Prxc

Prxc Ruler Premium

IGN:
    JamesIsCancelled
    If you've signed up to moderate a large minecraft server, you've basically opted in to having no privacy on the minecraft forum you moderate. If you wanna remain to be so private, don't moderate? It makes no sense. No one is "targeting" moderators anymore, and if they were then that's a valid reason to lock. There can't be any "personal information" on your profile unless you've gone and put it there?? l o l

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. BertBerry

BertBerry Moderator Staff Member

IGN:
    BurpBerry
    Well, there's only 1 staff member who has their profile locked so it's not like half of the staff team have their profiles locked so I don't really consider it much of an issue.

17. AncientOak

AncientOak Active Member

IGN:
    AncientOak
    But what if all staff members had it looked ? who would the new players contact? it wouldn’t happened but what if they go to a locked profile they might think it’s broken and quit

18. Arceus

Arceus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Arceuz
    Then the staff members might get forced to unlock their profiles and help new players.

And Besides Can't New Players send Conversations to Staff Members in their inbox?

This has been suggested before, The only staff member has their own profile locked is Cyk753, it's not much of a big deal, Contact another Staff Member.

Become a member to no longer see this ad. :)