Staff feedback (v4??) [PLEASE read initial post]

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by poggers, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poggers

poggers Senior Member

My older thread was quite outdated and I felt the need to make a new one.

This is the place you can share you honest opinions and feedback with the staff. (As long as you’re not being rude)
    If you are not being serious when giving feedback, your post will be deleted.
    If you agree or disagree with someone, please use ratings instead of just replying back.
    This is not the place to start a discussion or flame war, but rather just a place to state your opinion and go.
    Try not to just post biased feedback. (ex: i love boss gamer because he likes taylor swift so that makes him a good mod!!)
    Try to give strengths and weaknesses. Everyone has something to work on!

Again, please do not be rude or disrespectful to the staff. They do a lot of work to keep the server running.

I’ll put my feedback in here later :)

2. Dane

Dane Experienced Member

I feel like before a person gets moderator they try extremely hard to the point where it's annoying but as soon as they get promoted they turn into a completely different person; this is the case for the majority.

There are many examples where we will have someone who is extremely active, answers questions and is genuinely all around helpful, but when they become a moderator they seem to automatically have all these excuses as to why they are inactive and this generally happens about a month after they become a mod.

Who is Theooooo? I didn't even know this person existed before he was a mod and I've seen him post on here once and it seems he posts legit once a day. What is he contributing to this community? Nothing, why is he a mod.

I swear Myrmidous gets paid to post stupid dad jokes every 15 minutes & I don't think I've seen his wife post on anything on the forums before, why is there a duo of moderators who seem to contribute absolutely nothing, maybe I guess it's to be a roll model for the 11 year old who still think Minecraft is an epic game.

Where is the commitment? there are tonnes of other people willing to actually make an effort who would be much more beneficial than a memelord and a boy who can only play for an hour before mum tucks him in.

3. StrawberryV2

StrawberryV2 Well-Known Member

I’m not here to prove anything but I just want to point out that it could seem like a moderator is one of the hopeless, no-contribution members of the team, but it could not be that way, as you might never know and have never seen what they are doing.

4. Reformations

Reformations Active Member

I 100% agree with you. This server has got to put more effort into the moderation. Everday, I see people who do there best to help the community and answer any questions people have. These are the kind of things I'd like to see on our staff. There are large periods throughout the day in which there is no staff online in which people use to break the rules. I know a couple people, who shall remain nameless, that confidently break some trading rules because they know there is a very little chance of being caught. On other servers, I used to play, there would always be staff online who are not afk and ready to help. That's what I'd like to see on our server.

5. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    I haven't gotten much feedback as a newer mod yet, so I'd love for anyone to give me some pointers, positive or negative. I know that I still have a lot to work on but believe me when I say I'm trying to get better.
    I'm just going to do the newer mods for now, as my old feedback probably still applies to the old mods.
    Hisiq
    I haven't seen you online half as much as I've seen the other newer moderators. I don't have an awful lot to say in respects to your moderation as I haven't seen you much yet, but you definitely seem confident and competent. You're a good moderator, but it's sad to see you become inactive so quickly.
    iballisticbunny6
    You're a darn good mod. I don't see you as often as I see Laini, probably timezones, but I know from when you are online that you do a great job, and you're picking up moderation really quickly. I'm glad to be able to moderate with you.
    Laini
    I see you online all the time, and you're an exceedingly active and friendly moderator. I'm constantly impressed with how you deal with players, especially ones targetting you.
    Theooooo
    I see you around pretty frequently, especially just after Myrm's shift. You seem to know what you're doing, and you have a confidence about your moderation that I aspire to. You could probably do with being around a bit more on the forums (I don't think I've seen you deal with a spambot before), as it's an equally important part of your role.

6. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    i'll only do my my three favorite mods ( and two other mods ;--) ) (i'll be adding myrm soon so get ready boiiiis)

SakuraWolf - Surprising you got my top fav mod, HA. since ur normally the worst :) no BUT really, Sakura you are an amazing mod and one of my friends.. I know you handle everything and do everything to the best of your ability to make our, the skyblock community, better when you are online.. and you also can take a joke which I like :) and you also help me our by getting me out of situations and calming down, which you do unlike other mods.. thanks for applying when you did and i hope you become "staff manager" soon :heart:

Leeeroieee - when i first met you lee, I didn't like you and I'm being honest, i thought you were an overall annoying player but then once i started to get you to know you, you become cooler and when you started to work on the server i knew how good of a developer you really are. i didn't expect you to get staff because im pretty sure you said you didn't want it but now i think it was the best idea that cyp made to promote you and allow you to work on our new server :heart: thank you :heart:

Laini - ugh the laini, as you know, i didn't like you at all and you were an annoying kid.. and i really hardy knew you until half way through being a mod applicant, i started to trust you as i knew you'd get mod. i now consider you a really good friend and a good moderator.. overall you are good staff member and i wouldn't consider demoting you if i was cyp because i know you really care about this community and you will do a lot for it when you are online. i trust you so much and i know u can be a meeniehead (like last night) and i will always be your friend, if you want to be mine X:

also- i want to add Hisiq, hey hisiq i don't have much on you but i know i can trust you since you're a funny mod and make me laugh and aboose on me :heart:

and, Lycel, although you are like the only aus staff member, i consider you my favorite aus staff member xD i know you can relate to me in so many ways because we both are in aus and i can trust you because i know you can have a joke here and there. thanks for applying and i can see you getting supermod this time around C:

DANKS

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2018
  7. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Since this thread has been inactive for at least thirty days, it will be locked and/or archived. This is to prevent grave digging, the act of posting on a thread that has not been posted on for a month.

If you own this thread, please report this post, and the moderator may unlock the thread for your use. If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.