staff apprecation post

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by UrsusMaiorus, Aug 16, 2020.

1. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Pretty simple tell a story about when staff are nice. I have noticed that staff get alot of disrespect and arnt realy appriated in chat. pls tag whom ever u are telling a nice story about. Nothing negative here only positive.

Cyk753 thanks for taking the time when i was a new player to teach me the rules and talk me trough that i was breaking them instead of banning me. It was realy kind of you to use your time in that manner. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    This is a really nice Post and Idea Ursus :heart:

All the staff who I have gotten to know are awesome and extraordinary people but 1 member that comes to mind for me is Geoo
    When Geo was first promoted, as a eco player I had never met her and was kinda a bit "who is this person" at first. But then we started talking, and she came to eco a bit more, and she as one of the sweetest people I have ever met. And here we are now, a couple of months later, and honestly speaking to her and playing with her is one of my favourite parts of the day and she is still one of the loveliest people I have ever spoken to.
    lyl Geo :heart: :p

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  3. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    This thread is very nice, I like it. Also thank you Frez_Lucifer appreciate the kind words.

Being apart of the team has been a blast, I get to see and help out many people- it comes with its pros and cons. But getting to know the staff team has been an amazing feature. The team are no different, we are all humans but these people are the nicest bunch that I could ever ask for. I appreciate them all for various amounts of reasons- I class them all as my big crazy skyblock family and adore them to bits. Working hard trying to make the server a safe and happy environment for everybody whilst balancing their own lives out is a talent within itself. We are bound to get the little petty comments but that is because we don't want any bad apples ruining the fun/experience for others.

Sorry for the mushy lovey dovey stuff.

But basically I'm shouting out the whole team, I've learnt a lot of things from you guys, changed my views and opinions for the better. Thank you all.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Devannn_ First mod I think I talked to and also took care of all my "reports" back before I could figure out how to make threads :rofl:

Geoo So nice, helpful and all round Bestie :p

Thanks all of the staff team & exmods for their time on this server to make it a safer place :>

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Bossgamer helped me a lot. Boss helped me when I was getting trolled for racism and he really helped end the toxicity. He enjoyed destroying many, many signs and I appreciate how he helped me in those times.

Another mod who’s helped a lot is Agent. She’s always ready to help out and has responded to many of my questions, reports and always is someone nice to talk to. She also loves my rare keys ;)

I would like to thank all the staff for making our community a safe and positive space and ensuring us we can rely on you to keep the community clean. :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    I love these kinds of threads because they remind me that the work we do on the Staff Team isn't forgotten, and that really means a lot. I want to give a shout out to every Staff Member, whether I've known you for years or only for the past few months, you all have had an impact on my life.

For all 2016 Staff Members (when I joined the Staff Team) still on the team with me (Kerahna Bossgamer p.jm Wilbos_World mat t), you guys are the best. We've seen each other's ups and downs so many times, and have all experienced waking up to multiple pages of staff chat. Thanks for sticking around with me, even though most of you guys were on the team before me and some of you guys took some breaks in between.

For all 2017 Staff Members still on the team with me (Athyrix iballisticbunny6), you two are amazing. This was the time of the iconic wen u were mod xx skyblock.net video and the beginning of your times on the Staff Team. Even though you both took breaks from the team, I'm beyond grateful that you both returned and have stuck around since (despite these both being at different times). Thanks for being here and for coming back, and for being two people I can always talk to.

For all 2018 Staff Members still on the team with me (Wonkie Cyk753 52Phenomenon), you guys have been around for so much (both good and bad) and I'm so happy you have all stuck around through it. I'm thankful to have had the chance to moderate with all three of you, and I'm happy we all get to continue this journey together. Thanks for all of your hard work and for being amazing people.

For all 2019 Staff Members still on the team with me (Devannn_ Nobleza K41YU), you guys have been real ones who have all worked incredibly hard since their first promotions. Your different characteristics and traits add so much to the server and the Staff Team. Thank you for staying here and dedicating your time to help the server, the players, and the Staff Team.

For all 2020 Staff Members still on the team with me (Geoo Bdarkslayer RedstoneTrails Sprock), you guys have added so much to the Staff Team and to the server in so little time. Within a few months, you guys have grown to be close friends of mine and have been amazing additions to the Staff Team. Thank you for sticking around and thanks for being amazing additions to the Staff Team.

To all of my Discord Moderators, ((NS) Blyx Laini Mai) you guys are amazing :heart: Even though we all not-so-secretly want each other demoted, you guys are an amazing team and add so much to the Skyblock Discord. Thank you for keeping the Discord safe and helping it grow into a much better server.

To any and all Staff Members reading this, you're all hardworking, loving, kind, and overall amazing people that I'm beyond thankful to have met. You guys are the best, and I love you guys :heart:

To any and all ex Staff Members reading this, thank you for your contributions to the server. Whether I moderated with you or not, your work is appreciated :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 16
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  7. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    To all the staff members I've worked with (including discord mods), from 2016 to this point, thank you so much. You're all a part of my childhood & teen years and I can't appreciate you enough. I've learnt a lot of life lessons from our experiences together. I still keep in touch with some of you who aren't around these parts anymore, and I can only apologise that you still have to put up with me. ; )

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  8. Archie38

Archie38 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Archie38
    Bossgamer hands down was the best. I grew up looking up to him when I was a kid on classic and I always wanted to be mod with him lmfaoo. You’ve always been a legend man and I hope you stay here.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Y’all are legends.
    Geoo Athyrix Bossgamer
    True gamers x
    Love every one of you for different reasons even if I don’t interact with some of you all that much.
    Inspirational

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  10. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

I have a little moment that is memorable to me for every staff member:
    52Phenomenon - I remember when you were still that greanbean talking so much in chat and when you were applying it was so cute along with your alt - wotsit. You're a pretty good friend haha and the north often features in our convos. :')
    Bossgamer - I have known you since forever and I will always remember your birch island on classic lol. You're a great mentor and I'm so glad I'm friends with you!!
    Cyk753 - You're super friendly and although our conversations over discord aren't always the most positive things I like that I can speak to you about almost anything and you will understand. :heart:
    Agent - we chat a lot and you're also probably one of the oldest friends of mine, I look up to you a lot because you never fail to impress and I wish I was like you when I was younger lol.
    Bdarkslayer - the fact that you're a pretty new friend but we hang out a lot in voice channels is really cool. I like that most of the time we call you're in the firehouse too haha. You were definitely the person who properly introduced me onto economy and you're always telling me the prices of things. :')
    Devannn_ - you're such an olddd friend of mine and we snap when you're at work haha. also you seem to be a big fan of my storage room, i must get you to sort it out one day ;D
    Geoo - ok so i met you twice, the first time as georgina and then once again as geomatrix but i spoke to you as if i never knew you before because i didn't know you were georgina and i felt so stupid lol. so happy you are on the team you are one of my best friends and i can't wait to rave with you again :heart: (married in-game too)
    K41YU - although we don't really talk much something that really stands out are your animations and drawings, they're really good, although i didn't approve of that one with nobleza ):
    Nobleza - i love that youre spanish and you can understand what i say in portuguese and i can understand you back and i love comparing our countries and i am so sad that because of rona i didn't end up going to argentina
    p.jm - you are one of the oldest staff i know haha, you share your wisdom with everyone and i like how you aren't scared to speak your feelings. not many people have the guts to do that, but you do!
    RedstoneTrails - ay I can't thank you enough for how much work you have done for me. I really appreciate it all and most of the things I do wouldn't be possible without your help. you also are like good at bonk which annoys me
    Wonkie lots of love man you're a g. even though you're from aussielandia you are pretty active in my timezone and we have some good and embarrassing chats sometimes :rofl:

edit: I FORGOT iballisticbunny6 im sorry you are an amazing person and i remember when we used to moderate together on classic all the time and we had a blast

love u all

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I just wanted to put some people I forgot about and who are the key of Skyblock's Staff Team and are the most amazing people:

Kerahna: The most amazing person ever! She's always willingly changing my custom name like 5 times in a month and never minds at all. She's the reason we have so many wonderful staff and would like to thank her for all she does, from changing our custom titles, to helping resolve donation issues, to promoting our wonderful staff! :heart:

mat t, RedstoneTrails, Sprock and Wilbos_World: Thank you so much for the bug fixes and the new updates you work so hard on. Your work is always recognized and we love the new things you bring. Your hard work brings smiles to our faces and we love the new updates and easter eggs you give us. /fran ;)

Noobcrew: Legit you're the one who made the server so thank you so much for making such a wonderful platform which thousands enjoy! Thank you also for choosing our upper staff to help with bugs and to manage our staff!

Thank you to all the staff for their wonderful work and their dedication in making Skyblock a wonderful place! :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    My thanks goes especially to Kerahna and Noobcrew who both gave me more than enough chances last year. I cannot be thankful enough, especially considering now that I'm still playing here.

Thanks to RedstoneTrails, mat t , Sprock and Wilbos_World for being awesome, great people to talk to :)

Thanks to Krissy and Wonkie for being Aussie, I can't remember your forums name at the moment (stop changing it please)

Bossgamer for being a great member on classic and a great person to talk to when I was a little brat of an 11 year old.

Geoo head

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    To the fellow employees of this server,

I'd like to share my thoughts on some staff members on the server, (Sorry I didn't get to mention every single one.)

Nobleza (Fran) It's been a honor as you being a helper of this server and we knew each other for a long time, I'm glad your still helping people out and handling ban appeals fairly, It's been nice meeting you.

p.jm (Krissy) I have known you for so long like since the times of 2015 or 2016, I also known your alt "krissy_punk" your old name gives me nostalgia and memories, You were once a super moderator in the past, I want you as a super moderator again some time, It would fit perfectly for someone who's been on the server for a long time, Even though you are a nice/helpful person I've seen in my skyblock life, Long live Koreans & Australians.

Athyrix (Dough/James) It's been a journey along with you & Laini over the years (not worshipping) probably one of the active/helpful British staff members I have ever seen since the year 2017, I just can't believe your still standing as a staff member to this day and sometime the administrators of Skyblock will be amazed with your skill of being a staff member.

Agent & Bossgamer (Agent/Boss) I have known you two for a long time as well, you guys fit so perfectly as super moderator twins, even though I get confused whenever which timezone you guys are in, Agent's a perfect suitable young super moderator for the server and I am projecting her to be Staff Manager sometime soon, but Agent has done so well with her unique skills & reading ban appeals/issues, same goes to Bossgamer, A great super moderator as well but is different unlike Agent, Agent & Boss the still standing Super Moderators to this day.

Cyk753 (Cyk) We knew each other for a very long time probably since the summer of 2016, I discovered about you when SkyShop was trending & relevant back in the classic server and your Halloween/Christmas events, then over the recent years you did good progress as a staff member, but there are sadly people who are ranting about you but nothing will bad happen to you, days ago I stopped mentioning the uncomfortable times of Skyblock days ago, about terrible OG Skyblock players which damaged the server, but I won't mention them anymore, I'm done, Cyk753 I'm pretty much going to change and there's nothing wrong with you just keep up the work you are doing as a Super Moderator.

Geoo and Bdarkslayer (Geo/Bdark) You are unique staff members I've seen in the year 2020, I have never noticed you guys before after I started to go in quarantine in my home state, but I noticed you guys were doing very well on this server, but I noticed that you used to play in the server in the past but came back and started helping people out, I'm impressed about that you two, Make your guys future positive.

To the managers of Skyblock,

mat t (Matt) You are an impressive Developer working on the server updates that I saw you added /marry, /friends, and /staff back to the server which made the server had additional things to do, and I'm surprised your still standing as a Developer to this day I've known you for years now and you are doing well for Skyblock players who are sadly in quarantine & bored, but you should try to make the server better by bringing back Mob Arena & fun stuff to do in the server, but I noticed you got promoted to an Official Admin of the server which we haven't had any real Administrators in a very long time, but Congratulations.

Kerahna (Kerahna) You are a great person for me Kerahna, You done so well in the server for over 4 years by changing people's premium titles, helping people out, handling permanent ban appeals, and fixing issues, I remember once you had a light blue title which I forgot what was it called but now your a Manager for this server, keep doing work as a Manager out there!

And for the following Administrator who claims the ownership of the official Skyblock Server, Noobcrew.

Noobcrew (Crew) It's been amazing playing on your official Skyblock server for many years, I have been playing it since the fall of 2013 which when Corona never existed & Notch still owned Minecraft, You had so many players in your server so many years ago that was 500-750 players online that had old warps & the good ol Hellblock & Old Mob Arena, I also played your 2011 Skyblock Map in 2013 when I was a bit young back then, I just didn't know you actually invented Skyblock into the actual Minecraft game, and some big YouTubers were doing Skyblock the past Minecraft years which made you a famous person of this game, and I'm surprised you got your good server running still in the year 2020, I'm hoping to see it's 10th year anniversary because I want to know what happens when it turns 10 years/1 decade old, or seeing your map becoming 10 years/1 decade old next year, but I want something good to happen if you have the server running still, Crew and Administrators have been working on this server for a very long time and made so much good progress on it, Big YouTubers & Notch joined this server once which made this server special, Notch joined this server back in 2014 and A very old Administrator from Texas came back to Skyblock which he was called JeffCiv that he was found alive but didn't came back on the forums though, wonder where he is now, Your IRL friend Kaylee checked out this server again she was surprised that It was still alive to this day and wondering how was the Skyblock Community doing, but yea Noobcrew, your a wonderful guy who is one of the people who changed Minecraft forever.

Thank you all Employees of Skyblock,

~Arceuz

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Every staff member has done something to help the server run smoothly whether it is seen or unseen. It may be hard acknowledge it at times because of personal feelings, past issues or things like that.

But what makes the community great is largely how players cooperate with us and make the server a place worth coming back to. Without people who are responsible, kind and passionate about this place we wouldn't be able to do a great job.

So thank you guys for appreciating us :heart:

• Like Like x 2
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    So I want to give a big shoutout to all the staff, whether you are on this list or not, you've all had a big impact on me and helped me to learn and grow throughout my time on Skyblock, I wont name the Staff that are gone, but if any of you are reading this then you were a big part of my childhood and had a great impact on me when I first joined the server back in late 2012/early 2013.

Wonkie - We first bonded over The 1975, and you invited me to a voice call - you're amazing. From the first day I voice called you our friendship sparked and I couldn't be more grateful to have you as a friend. Even if our time zones are far spread apart and I barely see you, you've had an enormous impact on me and I appreciate it so much. You've helped me develop as a person, and for that I can't thank you enough :heart:

52Phenomenon - Your kindness is insane and I appreciate that, I've loved our karaoke sessions and you're just amazing, I appreciate you, you're amazing. Here's to many more good times and karaoke sesh's - you've been amazing and I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me.

Geoo - It was an honour to be the first person you actually spoke to in a voice call on Skyblock, you're funny, amazing and even though we haven't spoken as much recently just an all round nice girl. I love the little jokes we've had together, and you've definitely made me laugh :Dx

Athyrix - James, you are amazing. I couldn't thank you enough for all you've done and you have definitely cheered me up during bad times, and I'd like to think I've been able to put a smile on your face from time to time, from our 2am bonk sessions to our flight attendant roleplaying, I want to say that you are an amazing guy and you've definitely had a positive impact on me < 3

Bossgamer - Thanks for all the laughs buddy, you're good fun and I've had some good times with you in the past, you're amazing at what you do and I've appreciated your guidance < 3

Mai what can I say? ily. You've cheered me up, helped me and you were my promo buddy < 3 I'm so very proud of you and you are an amazing person! I appreciate you a lot and here's to many good times as Discord Husband and Wife ;) < 3

Devannn_ thank you for fun times and thank you so much for the guidance during my short time on the staff team, you gave me some good guidance and I appreciate you spending your time helping me out :heart: Queen

Agent thanks for the opportunity to be on the Staff team, even if it was short. You're someone I can look up to and learn from and for this, you're amazing. You've definitely had an impact on my time here at Skyblock and just know that I always appreciate that < 3

The staff team deserve zero hate. They're humans too, we all make mistakes and aren't all perfect, but when the staff team work together they make the amazing community that we have learned to love and appreciate over the years. I don't know what I'd do with out you all < 3

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  16. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    Ah! I don't even know where to start.

You all do such amazing things for the me and the server.

Like I said, all the staff team are phenomenal at what they do and deserve all the respect in the world. What you guys do is honourable. You guys create one of the most friendliest, hard-working and enthusiastic teams I have ever met.

Agent - You are someone who I will forever look upto, working on your island was such an honour and I feel like i've made a real friend. You give amazing advice and never fail to make me smile. You keep discord happy and enjoyable and I thank you on behalf of everyone for this. Oh and you also broke me of 25k for two stacks of torches :p

Bossgamer - You're hilarious, being in the voice calls with you I genuinely never stop crying. You bring so much happiness and humour to the calls and game. You may be scared of moths (weird) but I suppose I can let that slide :heart:

52Phenomenon - Without that group voice not long ago, I would never have found the motivation to finish my cactus farm so thankyou! :)

Athyrix - I would be lost without you. I honestly can't find the words to thank you enough for everything you have done for me these past few months. You've helped me grow as a person and a player. Our snapchat raves were iconic and let's face it, I still beat you a bonk ;) Thanks again James. Don't forget to tell me about the beverages :heart:

Bdarkslayer - I can't think you enough for everything. It was amazing working on 2 islands with you and creating such a strong friendship. Even if you're off saving cats in trees or using all my spawners, your presence makes the gameplay a whole lot nicer and you're also pretty funny. ps: I am the boss at bedwars ;)

Geoo - You are amazing, you are such a good friend and someone I know if I needed anything I could talk to. You're super pretty and such a role model for me. Thank you for everything :heart:

Nobleza - Thank you for educating me on the ins and outs of schematic. You're my adopted bro... somehow. Also please stop accidentally messaging me :heart:

Mai - I don’t even know where to start. You’re honestly one of the sweetest, funniest and caring people I have ever met. You never hesitate to help and you always greet me with the biggest welcomes. ily and keep smiling because you are amazing :heart:

This is only some of what I could say and not even all the staff members. I would definitely not be the player I am today without you guys. You all never fail to put a smile on my face or give me advice. You really truly are amazing. Thank you for everything you to for the community and I am sorry if I didn't mention you. You are all role models and brilliant at what you do :heart:

Thanks, _Meganx :)

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  17. Atomcow

Atomcow Active Member

IGN:
    Atombro
    Appreciate making the thread for me bro :heart:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    ill put one for u in off topic later

alright so i decided to space mine out but this one is for Athyrix your realy knd and funny and talking to u in the vc the other day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2020
  19. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Personall shout out to *vomits* Athyrix :t. Never knew I could find another person who loves aviation just like me. Although we have disagreements on the 747 (like bro the 747 is the queen HeroDJBrine can agree with me) I'll always remember how you called my plane a mutilated 767 LMAOO. Also another time when we were at this airplane and I mentioned how it has a body of an A320 and the wings of a 737 and you were like omg thats what I was thinking about. I'll never forget that :heart:

Devannn_ Halo is better than formations. Beyonce is coming to my city and she will visit me :). You can get where this is going xoxo

52Phenomenon we dont talk much as we used to but damn I miss the days when wotsit was with the group. I've only had a lot of experience with you on discord. You seem to be really quiet in game and you've helped me with terraforming my island which was really nice. It really helped out believe it or not. I'm sorry for making you taking down part of a mountain but hey its all good :heart:. I'll still give you grass if you want it haha. Also wotsit is a meanie to me help :c

BertBerry one of my favorite ex-staff. It sucks you aren't a mod but I still miss that mod rank next to your name you simp :)

Bossgamer its color. Ily guy from the country of London

Geoo That boeing 69 will never become a reality. The Boeing Geo Jet might though. Great moderator to talk to. What makes me happy is when you call me a UK fanboi. (UK > US all british players better react to this not rate farming tho)

Bdarkslayer we dont talk much but you're a chill guy to talk to. I still have eco money to trade if you're interested and vote keys haha hmu bro :heart:33

Wonkie AUSSIE :heart:

p.jm wheres my kangaroo steak aussie dad. Also when will you send me that aussie visa? Can't stand the US anymore. Being right-side up sucks

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Cookie Cookie x 2
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
  20. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    bump also Bdarkslayer your that best thanks for helping me out several times espicaly when i typoed my email lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1