Squimbles' moderator application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Squimbles, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Squimbles

Squimbles Active Member

Your in-game name: Squimbles

Which timezone are you in? GMT

Which languages do you speak? English

Have you ever been banned? (if yes, why?) I have only ever received a 30 minute ban for spam. I made an appeal to a moderator who kindly helped and said it was probably because I was lagging while building. I don't mess around or find it amusing to cause problems. Any other bans I'm unaware of as I have only just got my new gaming PC. The new PC consequently means I play a lot more.

Why do you think you should be a mod? I know how to be responsible and sort situations out properly. On a daily basis, I see constant spam and wish I could stop it but there are barely any moderators on. I always notice people asking if there is a moderator on and usually there is no reply. I should become a mod because I will always be ready to deal with people and their problems. I don't mess around and I am very sensible (in my opinion of course). A qualification I have is: I have completed my Air cadet's training. This is what many people do at a young age who want to go into the British RAF (Royal Air Force). I have also had a 100 word story published which is located in libraries around Britain.

How long can you be active on the server every day? I can be active 6-16 hours a day depending on what day. I can wake up early and moderate the server until late. I know this is a serious job and not a free membership with perks. I do get enough sleep, 8 hours is enough. The reason I say 6-16 is because I still need time to learn and socialize in my life as well as hang out with my family and friends. I will still be very active on the server.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator? I have had past experience as a moderator on a server that was shut down and I also had ownership of my own server with my partner ManilPlaysGames. We had to shut down the server after the hosts couldn't keep the servers up. We did a lot of work on it and made sure anyone playing was not messing around. Ownership is very stressful and I understand why moderators are needed so badly.

Thanks for reading-
    Squimbles

• Support Support x 1
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  2. Holly

Holly Active Member

No experience of the website. Moderating means moderating the server and forums. No support but good luck.

3. Holly

Holly Active Member

Also this lacks a lot of detail and I have noticed many errors.

4. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    ~Needs more details
    ~New member on website
    ~Do not mention donor status in your application
    ~Add a bit more detail

5. Blurted

Blurted Experienced Member

Having a donor rank does not and should not affect your activity. You could be default player and still be just as active.
    The mod app could use more info and details.
    You're still a new member to the forums, so try getting more experience around here.
    No support, but good luck.

6. Squimbles

Squimbles Active Member

I'd be greatful if you could please point out the errors and mistakes. It is my first application, thank-you for your reply.

7. Holly

Holly Active Member

It does matter how new you are to the forums. You need to be experienced on here too if you want to become a moderator because it is a two way job. On the forums you sort out many important issues like ban appeals and reports as well as helping people who need it. So yes your "new member" status does effect if you will get on the staff team or not.

8. Squimbles

Squimbles Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I did point out that I am aware of the new membership status and i've been playing for a year or two. Ill remove the donor status from the application as it caused trouble.

9. Holly

Holly Active Member

I would point them out but I am on my phone and there is just too many. I suggest looking over it and finding them yourself. (Maybe later I will point them out).

10. Squimbles

Squimbles Active Member

Thanks yes I understand. I'm annoyed at myself for ignoring the forums for so long, I will probably need to prove i'm what I say I am by using the forums a lot more.

11. Holly

Holly Active Member

Okay then. But honestly if you're 14 it really shouldn't be hard to find the mistakes. Also +1 for taking criticism without flipping out.

12. Squimbles

Squimbles Active Member

Thanks for sharing your opinion... Or really the truth haha. I have had experience with many forums and the criticism can always be harsh... But it helps to fix things!

13. Nena

Nena Experienced Member

You're a new member on the forums, as others have stated. Your application has a good start, but I would suggest adding more detail. Don't make an essay though, quality is what's important. Maybe add some traits/qualifications you may have. I haven't seen you online before, and also help more.

No Support, but I wish you luck.

14. Chickyy

Chickyy Active Member

No support for now. (keep in mind that this could change)
    ~Add more detail to your application, add more traits maybe?
    ~Get used to forums.
    ~Use more bold, italic, or underline.

Good luck!

15. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    Myrmidous Squimble's application. Is this yet another sequel?

16. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    ^^ I would suggest, just a suggestion though, maybe lock this application or delete it, after two to three weeks, try again. Yes, it will be hard, but I have went through that too. Use the two to three weeks to get more used to the forums and know more people in game, and also, help out more.

No support for now
    But
    Good luck

~Soap

17. BriPlaysMC

BriPlaysMC Member

Partial Support

PROS:
    ~Very active
    ~helpful
    ~mature

CONS:
    ~New to forums
    ~Add a lot more detail
    ~Post an actual schedule of your day

Good Luck! I see a lot of potential!

18. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    My support status is now partial support. I was not aware of the maturity in your replies and also forgot to consider the fact that we live in totally different time zones. Sorry about that. Again, partial support

Good luck,
    ~Soap

19. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Well-Known Member Premium

IT'S AN INVASION!

Look, I'll be honest here: I am on my sixth drink of the evening and this has been a horribly frustrating day. Let's just get through this with the minimum of fuss and-

SQUIMBLES. I love your name more than hot fudge poured on vanilla ice cream. If I had a robot butler with a crazy British accent and a fake mustache I would totally name it "Squimbles"--that's how much I like your name. +1 immediately.

For the non-British among us: He is basically saying he lives in Greenwich, England. (GMT+0).

TECHNICAL FOUL! You speak "British", good sir! I have recently learned there is a dialect difference between 'Murican English and British English, with a small side order of Canadian English, eh.

Facepalmed so hard I bruised the back of my skull, sir. You were doing very well with this answer until the last two sentences derailed you into an epic train wreck. Recommend removing the random "I Gots A New PC!" story. Or not! #OpinionMeansNothing

Ease up on kicking current Moderators in the groin. There are more polite ways to say you can help moderate, but I see you've gone with the "current Mods suck" route. Which is kind of amusing because if you are selected for Mod you're going to spend some time explaining to your new coworkers exactly how bad a job they've been doing...

Recommend rewording this portion slightly.

Holy banjo-strumming bullsh*t, Batman. Sixteen hours per day?! I completely retract everything I said above here, sir: If you can pull off 16 hour days then wow, no other Moderator is even close to your level of (frankly insane) dedication.

If you'd like to put a more realistic schedule up, please list some times you're available for play and how long per day you can be online. I would recommend putting some "down time" in just in case you need to go grocery shopping, see a movie or use the bathroom. Just a small recommendation.

Eight hours of sleep and a 16 hour Moderation schedule is literally zero time socializing. Or using the toilet. Listing 6-16 hours is one heck of a wild swing, you're basically saying "I'll be online except when I'm not" -- you've given no indication of what time you're usually available to Moderate.

So you did kill it. Interesting, thank you for letting us know sir.

+1, well said.

Quite welcome sir. Your application is a bit short, but incredibly I couldn't find a single grammatical error. You're very well spoken and write in a clear, concise manner. Nicely done.

Support Status: 100% (Kick 'Em While They're Down!)​

20. Holly

Holly Active Member

You've gone off topic a few times but there aren't as many grammatical mistakes. Your still new though so get more experience.