Withdrawn Splat's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Splat1221, Apr 24, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Welcome to my application!

Heya, Welcome! I feel like I am ready to apply again because I just feel ready, I have started being a lot more active on all skyblock platforms and servers, especially Economy. I also got Enthusiast member on the discord, and 600+ post count on the forums.
    But, Before I start, let me say this I have made other applications in the past that were extremely bad and immature -- people thought they were jokes. (Seriously...) I have learned from those and have matured in time and age, and overtime, acquired more knoll age from experiences.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Your in-game name:
    My in-game name (IGN) is Splat1221 and I do not plan on changing it any time soon.
    Splat1221 is also my usual nick, or sometimes (don’t judge) xxSlimyBigPicklesxx.
    What time zone are you in?
    My time zone is Eastern Standard Time. (EST)
    What country do you live in?
    The USA. (Eastern North America)
    What languages do you speak?
    I know English as my first language, and Spanish as a side.
    The languages I know bits of are Hebrew and Russian. I use google translate a lot or my Alexa, to communicate with non-English or Spanish speakers.
    Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No
    I do. I also have Two Factor Authorization on my email so it’s double secure.
    Do you have the necessary mean of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    I have F2 and my phone to take pictures/screenshots and I have a button on my mouse/keyboard set to record my screen as long as I have my recording software "Action," open. When I do not have Action available, I can record always with a press of a button with Badlion Client.
    Why do you think you should be a mod/helper?
    I would like the position of Helper to signal other players that they can come to me for help. I can be pretty active on all skyblock platforms to
    help people whenever and for whatever they need. On the discord and forums, when people “@“ staff members, I want to be one of those available staff members to help anyone on the discord. I do help when I see I can, though.
    I belive I am a good fit for the position because I am helpful, mature, kind, smart, active, and I am able to multitask.
    Some characteristics I believe I have are...
    Helpful-
    Lets say someone needs help -- Moving a spawner; building; changing a spawner; asking a command like, “How do I leave Ma J?” ... I will help!
    If a question thread comes up or someone has a question/needs help on Discord, etc; I will help.
    Kind-
    When someone achieves something like a goal in a game, a life goal, etc; I always congratulate them.
    Example 1: When someone wins the typing game, (skychat) I always say, “gg,” representing Good Game.
    Example 2: If someone shows me a new skin they made, I would say it’s awesome and congratulate them because every skin is a piece of art.
    Fast typist-
    I am a fast typer and can answer a lot of questions/resolve a lot of problems quickly. Unfortunately, my computer does not self correct so I can make typing errors when I am typing really fast, when I try.
    Mature-
    I am mature. You might say; “You hecking Got banned for greifing! How is that mature?” It is not. I have learned my lesson for sure. I have done some stupid things. It has been months since, and I have matured and learned from that, to not do that again.
    Funny-
    I know how to make people laugh and feel better if they are sad; I always make sure to censor my jokes when necessary, and not go overboard and make a player feel bad.
    Active-
    I am active on Discord, Forums, and Skyblock. This is good because I am on when other helpers/moderators are not. When I am online, there usually is not any other staff for players to aquire help from.
    Experienced-
    I’m experienced in life and know how different situations feel, and how I can make them feel better. For
    example; Someone shares that a family member of their’s dies.I know how it feels, and I know how I can
    make the player feel better.
    I am also expirienced as a moderator on discord and in game.
    How active can you be on skyblock?
    During this quarantine time, Incan be on for about 5 hours a day on sky block and discord/the forums.
    On the normal weekends, I can be online for 4-7 hours, including on holidays like Christmas, Shabbat, Hanukkah, Navidad, etc.
    On days that I have school, I can be on the discord and forums all day and in game for about 4 hours. (in that time most staff are not online.)
    Have you ever been banned in the forums/in-game?
    Yes, I have been banned as previously mentioned for greifing and that brings down the support (a lot). I griefed someone and It was not OK. I have learned from that and I know I will never do it again because it ruins other peoples fun. (I have not been muted.)
    Do you have any past experience as a mod?
    I do. Long story short I guess. A friend irl started a small sever where I was an admin. About a year after,
    most players stopped playing and the sever went blank with a bunch of issues. Nobody even the owner
    was able to do anything and I resigned from my position. But... I was an admin/mod/co-owner/helper etc; and I do have a bunch of experience with this position.
    Please Note: I will read all comments and I would like it if you give me feedback because I would use that to get better. If you mark a no support or support, tell me why. If you mark neutral, tell me what I can improve on. Thank you.
    Offline Communication
    And also as my offline communication I have The forums, (_Splat1221_) Discord, (Splat:heart:#4649)
    Thank you for your consideration!

I wont disappoint you, I promise!

• No Support No Support x 15
    • Neutral Neutral x 4
    • Support Support x 1
  2. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Neutral. Nothing personal against you.
    You are active at least once a day (when I've been on anyway) and helpful when you are on. However, I have not known you very long, and thus haven't seen what you are like in the long run so to speak. Therefore, I am neutral but may possibly lean toward support in the near future.
    Best of luck with your application!

3. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Thank you for your reply!
    I have been active on other skyblocks servers connected to economy where you play as well.
    I hope we can get to know each other a little more. Maybe that will help you see my personality more.

4. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
  5. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    Uh.. neutral, good luck

6. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    So like I wrote this a year or so ago, since the forum alt incident I haven’t seen you enough to completely change my opinion. The whole thing just put me off quite a bit.

Your application is a lot better written this time around, however there are quite a lot of spelling mistakes, and I feel you should separate your paragraphs, as I found it a little hard to read through. Good luck. :)

7. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
  8. Justin

Justin - Premium Premium

Neutral, don't know you enough to make a good judgement! maybe this will change soon :) good luck until then!

9. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I’m going to go Neutral. I will explain via discord my reasonings. Good luck! :)

10. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I think Splat is good for Helper, he's good on Economy! Good luck!!!

11. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    No support. I don't see you on skyblock, but you're on economy often I do know that but then I don't play economy so. I think you should hop on skyblock more and help more, but if you're focused on economy then change your application to economy.

I'm gonna help you with your application right now as there are some areas that drive me nuts lol

You don't need to add examples makes it look cringe and doesn't look good as a helper/moderator.

Being fast at typing isn't a requirement. You're not in a race, nor in a competition. You're here to help players and assist them with their needs (while having a fun time with them :p)[/QUOTE]

no need for hecking banned, again makes your application and you cringey
    I don't think this is a trait you can put lol. Instead you could say you like to engage with players to enhance their experience more[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of time, you sure you really have 5 hours a day? If you're going to be helper, one of the qualities is set priorities. Unless you actually have 5 hours of free time, then I recommend you consider the timings. I would rather have a mod come on a few hours on most days (some days they wont be online due to exams or whatever their personal life throws at them) than have a mod who sits in front of a computer screen for 5 hours and a few months later resigns because they did so mad in school now they have to spend half a year to get back on track and not be online

Similar to what I said in my response above, do you really have 4-7 hours laying around? If it's once in a while then I can get that. But don't make this a reality please, its only going to do more harm than good. Also, there's no need to all those holidays lol. (p.s. you forgot Diwali)

No need for that I'm sure at least 95% of us passed 6th grade so we know what to do lol

12. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    no need for hecking banned, again makes your application and you cringey
    I don't think this is a trait you can put lol. Instead you could say you like to engage with players to enhance their experience more[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of time, you sure you really have 5 hours a day? If you're going to be helper, one of the qualities is set priorities. Unless you actually have 5 hours of free time, then I recommend you consider the timings. I would rather have a mod come on a few hours on most days (some days they wont be online due to exams or whatever their personal life throws at them) than have a mod who sits in front of a computer screen for 5 hours and a few months later resigns because they did so mad in school now they have to spend half a year to get back on track and not be online

Similar to what I said in my response above, do you really have 4-7 hours laying around? If it's once in a while then I can get that. But don't make this a reality please, its only going to do more harm than good. Also, there's no need to all those holidays lol. (p.s. you forgot Diwali)

No need for that I'm sure at least 95% of us passed 6th grade so we know what to do lol[/QUOTE]
    Hi! I think it is time zones but I regularly help on both servers, hours a day.

13. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Heya! Can you tell me what I can do to change you kind or to up the support?
    I usually can get close to those hours. Sometimes I do.
    Laini what can I do to prove to you that you should support me?
    Not pushing anything but if you marked my app with support that would be great :heart:
    thanks for telling me, if I can do anything to show or prove to you anything, please tell me :)
    FatalDisaster BertBerry Monster_Sparklez

14. Kai123

Kai123 What?

IGN:
    Kai123
    I am neutral leaning towards no support, sorry I just don’t see you helping too much in chat and this application is pretty cringey to say the least

15. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Hi. It may be time ones or when your on one server, I may be on another.

16. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    People don't have to explain why they don't support, so you shouldn't have to tag them.

Apart from this, I cannot come up with a legible reason as to why I currently don't support. When I do, I'll make sure you know it.

17. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Neutral, Archer and Laini stated my reasons.

Another thing I may add is that I know you play Economy the same, if not more than Survival. This is good - Economy needs moderators. However, being a Helper/Mod on Survival doesn't make you Helper/Mod on Economy, you eventually get promoted to that position.

Also when I see you online (this is rare due to complete opposite timezones) I don't see you helping that much.

18. Louiemar

Louiemar Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Louiemar
    Support, A person who will take care of economy, very helpful player, active, Respectful, really friendly.

19. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Haha yeah. 100% opposite time zone.
    thank you :)

20. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Hi lai
    Hi Laini. I feel the need to ask you again.
    I see what you mean about the application. As you may know, humans make mistakes. Especially teenager.
    With the forum incident I can see what you mean. I would hope you find the ability to see ho I have changed and continue to help players.
    that could be when I am afk that i don’t help. It could also be I am trying to get something done before I go to bed or something.
    can you tell me why you think my app is cringy? And maybe it’s time zones or different servers that you don’t see me helping in chat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.