Accepted [southsidesantana] Scamming/Island Farming [Cyk] [Accepted]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by southsidesantana, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southsidesantana

southsidesantana Member

Ight so yall banned me apparently for some scamming that happened between my lil bro and someone else how that make any type of sense ?? I understand the ban for language n all that but the language i used dont deserve a 30 day ban that should be a 3day ban or a mute at most, i hope this unfair ban is removed or at least lessened, thank yall for ya time.

2. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

SKYBLOCK BAN APPEALS

Complete this form (copy & paste it) to your appeal post. Please be sure to post your ban appeal in the correct section.
    If you lie or don't follow this form, your appeal will not be considered.

In the title write: [Your in game name] Reason for ban [The Person who banned you]

1. Server/platform (Classic / Skyblock / Forums / Discord ):
    2. Your username on the platform in question:
    3. Full exact Ban Message:
    4. Did you read the rules ?
    5. Why do YOU think you were banned?
    6. Was this an incorrect ban?
    7. Were you ever banned before on Skyblock? If so, what for?
    8. Why do you think you should be unbanned?

3. southsidesantana

southsidesantana Member

1. Server/platform (Classic / Skyblock / Forums / Discord ): Skyblock (Economy)
    2. Your username on the platform in question: southsidesantana
    3. Full exact Ban Message: Banned On: 2019-09-15 Banned by: Kerahna Reason: Scamming/language/inappropriate You are permanently banned.
    4. Did you read the rules ? Yes
    5. Why do YOU think you were banned? I looked in report archives and an account by the name chips ahoy (which is my little brother) was reported for scamming someone on economy, i guess cyk just looked at the IP address and banned every account in my household? There was also a mention of me using foul language and that is true but a permanent ban for that seems like an obvious injustice, also after just spending $25 on the server and putting hours on hours of work into it, at the most i feel that deserves a mute or a temporary ban.
    6. Was this an incorrect ban? Yes
    7. Were you ever banned before on Skyblock? If so, what for? No
    8. Why do you think you should be unbanned? because i am not responsible for the reason (scamming) that seems to be the biggest reason i was banned i understand banning my little brother i dont understand why it carries over onto me? I play on that server everyday and seems unfair and an abuse of power to permanently ban me

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  4. southsidesantana

southsidesantana Member

Also i asked my brother to get on to see his ban message and submit his report but hes only banned for 30 days and im perma banned? How does that make any sense if he was the one committing the offense anyway?? Please reply asap this seems ridiculous to me. I wasnt even reported by anyone let alone for scamming or anything like that the worst ive done is like i said say a little over the line things to people but its all jokes so im being permabanned for using language in a joking manner just to mess around ?

5. Cyk753

Yes, you are facing a permanent ban for your scams and foul language among other things.

I did not know chipsyahoy is a different member of your household, but he did scam another player in a big way, harass them in private chat, and use offensive language. Your brother may create his own separate appeal.

We will keep the focus of this appeal the permanent ban for account southsidesantana.

I and our Staff Manager have looked closely into your player history. We found numerous examples of your complete disregard for the rules. This includes, but is not limited to, island farming, scamming players, player deaths, death threats, bomb threats, racism, and foul language.

We will not tolerate such disrespectful behavior in our community. It would be irrational and irresponsible if we staff let this continue. It is clear to us that you are not here to play, but to be divisive and destructive.

6. southsidesantana

southsidesantana Member

Any of those things ive said were not for no reason or to be hurtful/rude. It was all in joking nature which i admit went too far but i honestly dont believe i deserve a permanent ban. If you look at the context all those messages they were in they werent meant to be seriously harmful and are obviously just dumb trolling. If i were to get unbanned i wouldnt continue any of those things ive been accused of, and if you see any instances of me repeating those actions then i definitely think a ban is fair, but i havent been warned or anything in any type of way by staff (i know i shoudlnt necessarily need a warning but still one would be only fair before getting straight permabanned). I have put way too much time and also money to get banned off of one of my favorite servers on a first time offense. Also, i have never scammed anyone (except one instance i admit where someone scammed me for my keys and i scammed them back in return, but they literally said they didnt care as they didnt play on the server) or island farmed or killed any players on the economy server. I hope my ban can be reconsidered i enjoy playing on the server and would gladly stop further breaking any rules ive previously broken if it means i can play again. Again, please reconsider this decision it would be greatly appreciated and like i said, will abide by the rules from here on out. Thank u

7. Cyk753

It does not matter that you think you were joking about what you said. It is the content of your jokes that we are judging. Again, none of that was appropriate. Your ban is not based on a one time issue, this is a combination of you literally breaking every rule of the server. We can provide proof.

8. Cyk753

Island farming:

This shows all the accounts that show as alts.
    2019-09-14_22.36.35.png

This logblock shows all the dirt and sand dug up by accounts southsidesantana and SkepFlipFlop on the island belonging to account SkepFlipFlop.
    2019-09-14_22.36.35.png

This logblock shows all the dirt and sand dug up by accounts southsidesantana and SuperCoolDude89 on the island belonging to SuperCoolDude89.
    2019-09-14_21.34.05.png

This is logblock showing all the dirt and sand dug up by accounts southsidesantana and ChipsyAhoy on the island belonging to ChipsyAhoy.
    2019-09-14_21.35.02.png

And here are samples of your chat logs:

https://i.gyazo.com/42e74209a2b5251764d2666b571f69fd.png

https://i.gyazo.com/8a9291a04f4de0ee4a72e736e447fd6c.png

https://i.gyazo.com/9cc028b4e6e3bc2f47d9171cddf47295.png

https://i.gyazo.com/089f1c18174c64efc38cb6aef4de5e1e.png

I must let you know, as is the case of all appeals, there is only a chance to move foward if there is complete honesty and sincerity. So far all I see are lies.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  9. southsidesantana

southsidesantana Member

This just seems unfair even all things considered. A ban is obviously due but a permanent ban is overkill to be honest. This is the first time anything like this has happened, I believe if I abide by all the rules for the rest of my playtime, I should at least just have one more chance at playing on here. I am sorry for previous actions and regret doing what I did. I didn’t realize the severity of my actions until now, I was under the impression that anything I was doing wasn’t too serious since I see it all the time on the server and I hadn’t been warned once since I’ve been playing. Please reconsider your choice or at the very least make it a temporary ban instead of literally never being able to play on the server again because of impulsive decisions I’ve made without realizing what the consequences of my actions would be. I just have a lot of friends on that server and have spent a lot of time and thought and money on the server it would honestly mean a lot if I was given just one more chance, thank you.

10. southsidesantana

southsidesantana Member

I realized your disposition on the situation isn’t going to change regardless of what I say, I’m either going to be unbanned or not. I admit to everything I’ve been accused of ,but me explaining what I did and why I did it doesn’t change that fact that I did it. Obviously I did something wrong and it’s not like I can change that now so in all honesty I don’t know what you expect me to say. We’ll either learn and live on or we won’t. I just would appreciate hearing a simple yes I will eventually be unbanned or no I am permanently banned. Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  11. Cyk753

A simple yes or no is not possible in your situation. We have to weigh all the facts against what is fair for the server, the community, and to you.

Thank you for taking the time to create your responses here. There are no magic words to get one free from the ban. It is about the player understanding their negative actions and behaviors and making the decision to not repeat that. Each person has an understanding of what is right and wrong even if they do not personally get called out on it. Each person is responsible for what they say and what they do. I am glad that you are truthful now and admit to wrongdoing. The staff team is hopeful that you will take the time to learn from this experience and give up all the toxicity.

Permanent ban status will be removed in light of your frank words. You will be temporarily banned for a full month to reinforce the severity of your behavior, especially the threats you made. The punishment for any such offense is automatically a 31 day ban. Staff cannot afford to treat threats or other signs of disrespect as jokes. They create a hostile environment to the targetted player as well as to all witnesses. We must strive to build a community everyone can enjoy. Staff will also remove any illegaly obtained blocks and items from within your possesion and that of your alts.

Your past behavior will never be allowed again. I recommend you read server rules in full here: Server Rules | Skyblock Forums I will not repeat them for you. I will not ask you to summarize them. I will expect you to follow them, as we expect from every player. Even though we revoke the permanent ban status now, we reserve the right to enact it again if you prove to be belligerent. You will only get this one chance to turn around.

I will need a statement from you acknowledging what I have said. Feel free to ask if there is something you do not understand.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  12. southsidesantana

southsidesantana Member

Thank you i really appreciate that. And I will obviously abide by the rules and everything on my continued time on the server

13. Cyk753

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.