Some good ideas for .org and the forums

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by Crimsonwrath, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Crimsonwrath

Crimsonwrath Well-Known Member

Hey! These are some things I have seen recently on other forums or of people talking about that I personally think could make a good deal of a difference

Lets start out with my idea for the forums. The idea is, to add in a live chat, where you could possibly click on somebody's profile, and have a little box in a corner with a chat only you, them, and anyone else you add could see. I think that could be extremely helpful, because if someone had a question, or needed some help, they could find an online mod, and quickly contact them to get a near immediate response. It could cause less in-game problems, and create an easier job for the mods.

Second thing, and this would be for .org only, as .net does not have an economy. Most of you are familiar with the command /baltop, and if you are not, it is a command who gives you a list of the users on the server with the highest balances. I don't really understand why this command was disabled, it does no harm. I would like it to be re-enabled, as it would be something for users to compete over, and it could give people a new goal to work towards. It could increase the amount of players as you would have to work hard to maintain your spot near the top, or try and get up there. It is purely inoculous, and could only help, yet would not hurt.

I think these are two good ideas that could vastly improve our gameplay. Hope they are considered. Fell free to provide suggestions and or recomendations.

2. MrStealYourGirl

MrStealYourGirl Experienced Member

For the online chat box, I don't see why not, although you can just send the mod a pm this might be quicker.
    Recently I tried to get Cypriot to do Baltop when we were both online and for the 15 or so minutes he was online he couldn't get all of the balances to show up as its a lot and if more than one person does it at a time it might cause some lag, not sure though.

I'd like to see them implemented but I think they're not necessary, just nice additions to what we have :)

3. megadorkvikki

megadorkvikki Well-Known Member

I like the first suggestion. It would be terrific to connect instantly with other players. My only concern is that the forums chat would have to be regulated. This adds another task for mods to do when they are busy already. Unless they make specific forum chat mods with perms only for forum chat.

4. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

we dont have any business moderating private chats. But...
    TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox | XenForo Community
    This is a public shout box thingy which allows us to ban users from the shoutbox who are breaking the rules. But I dont know about IM like MSN or facebook chat.

is baltop can work then theres no harm but it populates a list of all balances i think which will probably take a lot.

5. Dewsiee

Dewsiee Boss Member

Support to both ideas, and with baltop it would be nice if we could get it to work, I also think voting crates for org would be nice. :heart:

6. SakuraWolf

SakuraWolf Well-Known Member

IGN:
    SakuraWolf
    I like the first suggestion. Like alot. As for /baltop... Thatd be a hella lot of balances to gather. I would think that would create a nice bit of lag ;-;
    Also:
    Yes. I very much like the idea of having voter crates on org as well c:

7. Adrian_Monk_

Adrian_Monk_ Experienced Member

I think he means that it would be like a conversation only quicker and easier.

8. poggers

poggers Senior Member

I support. I would love to see baltop implemented. It would be cool to have a goal to work to. The personal chat box on someones page, eh. You can just use PM's.

9. Awesomolocity

Awesomolocity Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    baltop was totes my idea. reporting thread for copyright infringement.
    jk supported lol

10. Mattosaurus

Mattosaurus Active Member

Support for both ideas. They look very helpful. I love the idea of instant chat.

11. Hannah

Hannah Boss Member

IGN:
    larrythebird101
    Support.