Global Some changes to the Drop Parties

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Beens, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Beens

Beens Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BeensMC
    Hello all,

I just wanted to mention a couple ideas I had float around in my head. I thought they were decent and wanted to share them.

The first suggestion I have for all drop parties is adding a some sort of multiplier that corresponds with time played since the last drop party occurred. I was imagining the multiplier would be on the smaller end but would still give better chances to all accounts that had been logged in far more often than any possible alts or casual drop party attendees. The hope would be to see less alts and more regulars winning heads if anything. But not on a scale that is crazy different than what is already in place: a happy middle ground.

The second suggestion I had only pertains to the Christmas Drop Party:
    I think it would be neat to automatically give every player who did not receive a head/key/what-have-you in the drop party a renamed Block of Coal with the name "Better luck next year!" or something along those lines, and include the year of course in the watermark. It is the season of giving after all, and lets assume they'll be a decent number of these coal blocks in circulation, so they probably won't be nearly as valuable as anything else gifted. But then everyone can leave with at least one present, even if its just a chunk of renamed coal.

Let me know what you think of my ideas!

• Support Support x 6
    • Neutral Neutral x 3
    • No Support No Support x 3
    • Cookie Cookie x 2
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  2. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

Neutral in general the first idea sounds nice but then again people who had recently joined would be upset that they have unfair chances because they joined at a later time and often people have their alts on anyway, most of the time because farms and to advertise for their main account and if not then they would start to put their alts on the server more to make it so they have a better chance for the next event

and sadly with the second idea it would because Alts and people would get more than they were supposed to so sadly the only thing that would fix these problems would you find a way so no alts could be on at all

3. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    I like your ideas and the fact you'd like to improve the server however, I feel this idea I quoted would not work well, as staff manually have to put the winnings into players inventories after the drop parties, this would cause much more work having to put a block of renamed coal into every single player's inventory. When I first thought this I was thinking maybe a /give kind of thing, but that only works for players online, maybe there's some other workaround but for now, I remain neutral about this suggestion, good ideas for the other suggestions though beens :).

4. Beens

IGN:
    BeensMC
    I was thinking of instead of /give or manually dropping the blocks into inventories that rather it was integrated into the drop party plug-in to automatically distribute the items. I'm assuming since the plug-in already has the power to limit 1 head to each player it can detect who didn't receive anything, but I could be wrong. Thank you for the feedback Vorty!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Since the drop parties happen on /events, the staff need to manually transfer the heads from events into skyblock or economy. With the coal blocks, they would have to do the same thing.

Onto the suggestion itself. I'm sure I don't speak for myself here, but thank you for the lovely suggestion.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of it. I believe that the chances of players winning a head should be even, regardless of their playtime. Every time an event comes around, there is an increase in players who come online to try their luck at winning a head. Usually, some of these players will stay around for longer, showing more support for the server and continuously playing.
    If the chances of these newly returning players receiving heads are in some way decreased, there would be a possibility that they will not stay around for longer. Keeping a good player count for any server is vital for its ability to continue running, I'm not saying implementing this idea would mean the server would shut down, just it would in some way possibly affect the number of active players we have.
    In summary, I really do believe that all players should have the same chances of winning a head.

Secondly, the coal blocks. I kind of like this idea, although the implementation of the blocks would be difficult in relation to transferring so many items onto the corresponding servers. Since in /events they drop skyblock heads then economy heads, it would be really hard to give everyone who did not a win an item. The staff team would not know what server the player wants their block of coal, and it would be way too difficult for the staff team to give every player who didn't win an item on both servers.

The creation of the block of coal would classify it as a 'rare' item, very similar to rabbit food and boiled eggs. The supply x demand of the block of coal would most likely make the price of the block be very expensive, therefore affecting the economy harshly. Perhaps if they gave everyone a block of coal through the /gifts GUI, it would make it a bit even, and also create more supply of the block, making it so the block would be cheaper.

In all, I think that (as sad as it sounds) losers should not receive a commissary prize. The way that they run Drop parties at the moment is very efficient and fair for all players.

Once again, thank you for your suggestion. I will be not supporting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sky

Sky Active Member Premium

IGN:
    SkyGuyGamerz
    Hello beens to start off im not a big fan of the first idea as people already afk 24/7 365 days a year and could prevent people from coming back to the server just for the dp's and we all like to see those rememberable people back on sb. However I do like the second idea where everyone gets a block of coal that has a colored lore saying "Better luck next year" as it is something fun to walk away from and to have another semi-rare item in the wild would be fun and cool to see the prices and how they go up. Thx for the idea

7. Beens

IGN:
    BeensMC
    Thank you for the well written response. I would totally support the giving out of some sort of Christmas gift (if not the coal) using the /gifts GUI, and if that is what comes out of this suggestion then I suppose I would be happy.

• Cookie Cookie x 2
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  8. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member Premium

IGN:
    PrometheusTheMad
    I like your concept, although I am not sure on my opinion of the multiplier, I'd much rather see a hard enforced rule of 1 account allowed on events per person with a temp ban for those breaking this rule, such as 31d on all servers etc, I believe new players have just as much right to equal chances for drop parties as people like myself, but don't think it is entirely fair when players are using alts, especially with many on VPNs (already bannable)

I do like the coal block idea however, whether logistically it is feasible isn't relevant to me as the staff will decide if that is something they want to consider, so I support that, I won't be leaving a proper rating as I am on different ends for what is sort of 2 suggestions.

-No Support for multiplier
    -Support for coal block concept

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SoySauce

SoySauce Active Member

IGN:
    SoyWRLD
    No support. The coal thing would take a very long time for moderators to get to everyone and then check if it is an alt or a regular player account. The multiplier would not be fair for new players or players in general. everyone should have an equal chance of getting a head. I’m going neutral for the coal thing but I am leaning over to no support

BUT with the coal idea, it could ehh work with something like /gifts from September

or you can make like a craftable item thing

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    +1
    The one thing I definitely think should be implemented is tracking play time so alts aren't joining on VPN's during the party. It's always sad seeing "____ALT" in chat winning a head especially when it's the first time anyone has ever seen their name on the server :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  11. SoySauce

SoySauce Active Member

IGN:
    SoyWRLD
    I may be thinking about this wrong but I don’t see it very fair for someone who has been playing for years, and then wanting to join the dp. It may also be unfair if there are new players who are interested in participating in the dp. Based on how players spend their time, like if they have work, school, limitations from parents, or issues in general. That can stunt their playtime and give them an unfair disadvantage. Even if it is a small multiplier it is not at all fair. Best thing to do in my opinion is have mods watching and taking away heads from alts who won. These heads can be voided or given to someone who did not win.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  12. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member Premium

IGN:
    PrometheusTheMad
    Onya, basically that is the hope, he make DPs for one account only, no alts, vpns heavily punishable, respin heads that are won by known alts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. SoySauce

SoySauce Active Member

IGN:
    SoyWRLD
    Yessir. Thing is it may be complicated to make when dp is in a month and a half or so. Hopefully something is agreed on and we can make it happen in a way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Regardless of what anyone else is saying I actually am in full support of adding a minimum time played requirement for attending and being able to receive heads at DPs. The amount of totally brand new players at drop parties is actually a fairly small amount. The majority of players attending drop parties are long term players, alts or long term players that only come on for the drop parties which is where I see the issue.

After examining a screenshot of the tab list at the Halloween DP, there was roughly 300 players and I recognized 260+ of them that I have seen multiple times playing daily or throughout each week whenever I'm on. This leaves 40 or less players I don't recognize which part of them are most likely people that have still played I just haven't seen them on. The point that "you shouldn't add the play time limit so new players don't get left out" is barely true for the tiniest portion of the player base. The majority of new players don't even know the server does drop parties, and a new player can be new and still have a higher play time. Many new players will still continue to play regardless of if they win something at an event that has very few new players to begin with. The other side to the coin is the old players who don't play whatsoever except for drop parties. This just feels even morally wrong since the only goal from these people is to get rich quick or purposefully take away rewards from other players.

For the suggestion itself, I believe between each drop party every player should have a minimum time played requirement to be able to access the events server. The amount of time itself can actually be relatively high and still reasonable considering the distance between each of the drop parties.

Halloween ---> Christmas: Minimum of 24 hours play time. This is roughly 3 hours a week
    Christmas ---> Easter: Minimum of 42 hours play time. This is roughly 3 hours a week
    Easter ---> Halloween: Minimum of 85 hours play time. This is roughly 3 hours a week

Now this may seem like a very high minimum requirement but it really actually isn't. All it takes is 1 day of afking for the first one, 2 days for the 2nd one and 4 days for the 3rd for periods that are multiple months long. It doesn't take a lot to reach these goals and actually contrary to what people are stating, this incites more activity on the server. It gives incentive to keep playing to be able to access the events for a chance to win rewards. It gives the new and old players a reason to keep playing, and even if the ones who come on for only DPs AFK to get their required play time, it at least gets them to interact with the server other than coming on 3 times a year at max. For alt accounts, this may help with some since many people make new accounts close to DPs strictly for the DP and would have to at least Afk or use the account in order to hit the play time requirement.

Moving onto the coal block suggestion this response won't be very long but I also don't see a problem with adding a reward like this. Like others have said above it could be given out through /gifts to avoid way too much work for distribution. It could be setup so that once you receive a head you do not have access to the gift and if you get no rewards, then you at least get something fun you can collect, maybe even with randomized messages on them

• Agree Agree x 2