Denied Skyzi_x Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Skyzi_x, Jun 26, 2017.

?

Would I make a good moderator?

1. Yes you would!

40.0%
  2. Yeah but you need to improve on little things. (Neutral)

45.0%
  3. Not right now but maybe one day.

5.0%
  4. No chance at all.

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyzi_x

Skyzi_x Well-Known Member

Here's a bit about me!
    My name Is Billy I live in a family of 2 (me and my mother) I have 4 pets 2 gold fish and 2 dogs I really enjoy coming on Skyblock everyday and realising that someone notices me when I say hello.
    I live in South Australia.
    I spend every hour I can on this server trying to help out to make this server a better community because some people aren't nice and come online an ruin peoples day which makes me feel bad.

Now Lets get into the main part!

Your in-game name: Skyzi_x /nick Skyzi.

What time zone are you in? UTC +9:30.

What country do you live in? Australia.

What languages do you speak? I Speak English and learning a little about Japanese.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? Yes I have QuickTime Player as I used to record youtube videos.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
    Helpful

I Think i'm helpful because if someone needs help on their island I would give what they need example Cobble, help building or Even just giving and idea. Everyday i come on and will try to help with the chat because it gets nasty sometimes and sometimes it gets pointed at me when i try to stop them.

Mature
    I think i'm mature because when something is serious ill deal with it seriously and not be immature and not help them with their situation. When i'm mature sometimes I get people messaging me saying that they look up to me and that makes me usually have a smile on my face because they look up to me it makes me feel great to be who I am.
    Honest
    I' honest because when I ill look in both of their inventories for the items that their trading too each other. When it's a rank upgrade purchase I would ask what their trading and then look in inventory to see if he has the right payment and wait for the rank upgrader to buy the rank before they give the payment.

Nice
    I'm quite nice when it comes to in-game I would never swear I would include everyone into conversations i'm in. I'm polite too people when they msg me for me to god or repair their belongings and I tp to them as quick as I can and god/repair their items for them.

Not Many Australian Mods
    Ok there are Australian mods but how much do you see them? I'm usually on a lot of Hours a week and will see people online from different Countries. I always see my self playing Skyblock more than anything just looking through chat and helping others build.

Super Active Member
    Like I said I'm usually on a lot of hours a week I would come home from school and play Skyblock until just before I have to hop in bed. I'm always active and would be afk for around 1 hour each week when I'm online but other hours I'm being productive for the community helping.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    My school ends at 3:45 pm UTC +9:30.
    Monday 3-4 hours
    Tuesday 2-4 Hours (One of these are the days I go to my dads)
    Wednesday 2-4 Hours (One of these are the days I go to my dads)
    Thursday 3-4 Hours
    Friday 5-8 Hours
    Saturday 7-12 Hours
    Sunday 6-10 Hours

How long have you been playing Skyblock? I have been playing Skyblock for Almost 2 years.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game) Yes I have been banned before for griefing once and accidentally illegally trading. We all learn from our mistakes and I try to avoid them.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator? No, I do not have any past experience.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes.

Thanks to everyone who has given up their time to read this and give me feedback on places I need to improve!

• Support Support x 17
    • No Support No Support x 7
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  2. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

It's nice seeing you applying, Skyzi.
    My status is currently neutral, because I would like to see you more active on forums, and a tad more helpful in-game.
    You are a really kind player, and with improvements, you could be an awesome applicant!

My suggestions are:
    -Add more detail on the "Why do you think you should become a mod?" part
    -Correct grammar errors (I corrected them and coloured them in red)
    -Explain why you were banned
    -Be more active and helpful
    -Always try to be as formal as possible, and try to avoid grammar errors.

I wish you the best of luck on this world! :)

3. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Hello Skyzi, I am going to be evaluating your application today and giving my feedback. Let's get started, shall we?

Firstly, the grammar in this application is atrocious.
    Secondly, I know it's probably because = you are in a different timezone, but to my knowledge, I have never seen you in-game.
    Thirdly, for some reason, the spoiler isn't working for me? I would suggest fixing that and then I can evaluate that fully.
    Lastly, I would explain your bans that you received in the past.

For now, I remain neutral. Good luck! :)

4. Wonkie

Wonkie Experienced Member

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    South Australia is not a country.

I stand at neutral right now.

5. Skyzi_x

Thanks for your feedback!

6. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    The spoiler doesn't work so I can't see it.
    However I don't think I can support you.
    Your grammar in your app isn't the greatest in all honesty, I rarely see you on the forums and I'm unsure if you're moderator material. Please don't be upset at my support status, take this as an opportunity to work on your flaws. :heart:

7. Skyzi_x

Thanks for your Feedback Pingu And Wonkie!

8. Zack

Zack Anonymous Premium

Was it really necessary for you to Grammar check the whole thing? Jesus Christ anyway Support

9. Skyzi_x

Thanks For Taking Your Time To Read This Conservative.

10. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

You only just passed the requirements, neutral.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

11. Skyzi_x

Thanks Dough.

12. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    On this application, I'll have to say no support (for now).
    Firstly, I barely ever see you on forums and you applied as soon as you hit the requirements; I suggest becoming more active and engaged on forums.
    The application itself severely lacks detail, you need to add more information to the 'Why do you think you should be a mod?' section, including your traits and more information about them.
    In game, I don't see you helping that much, so I think you should try work on that.
    Overall, if you improve all the above my support status can, and will, change!
    Good luck!

13. Desired Nam3

Desired Nam3 Active Member

IGN:
    Desired_nam3
    Hello Skyzi! Its very nice to see u applying for mod for now ima go with Neautral
    Reasons:
    I think we need to see u help a bit more
    U can be a bit immature
    U have only just hit the 50 posts requirement
    And I don't see u on forums very often

U can gain my support just sort these things out :D

-Raven

14. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    I see you in game quite a bit though, wanna see you on forums more. :)
    Neutral

15. amy

amy Guest

be more active on forums, and add more detail to the 'why i should be mod' section

neutral for now

16. Skyzi_x

[
    QUOTE="52Phenomenon, post: 1376374, member: 89785"]On this application, I'll have to say no support (for now).
    Firstly, I barely ever see you on forums and you applied as soon as you hit the requirements; I suggest becoming more active and engaged on forums.
    The application itself severely lacks detail, you need to add more information to the 'Why do you think you should be a mod?' section, including your traits and more information about them.
    In game, I don't see you helping that much, so I think you should try work on that.
    Overall, if you improve all the above my support status can, and will, change!
    Good luck![/QUOTE]
    Thanks for all your feedback!

17. Skyzi_x

Thanks for your feedback

18. Pancakezz

Pancakezz Daddy

I'm neutral on this right now.

You could really flesh out the "Why you should become a mod?" section since it doesn't seem very convincing, at least to me. Yes, you've been warned before, but give us an explanation as to why that was done. What exactly have you learned from this experience, and how does this help you? Yes, you're active and friendly, but there are many people who are also active and friendly. Your points are valid for the most part, but they are not concrete.

I also feel like you should specify when you can be on. "Around 3 hours" can mean anything. When does your school end?

You also need to be more helpful and open to other players. You've been noticing me before and after I was a donor, but never really answered one of my many questions I asked in chat. However, I do know you are kind and friendly. Just start noticing greenies more often and help them out.

Please don't take offense in this, I'm just giving my thoughts. So as for now, I'm neutral. Good luck! :)

19. Skyzi_x

Thanks for your feedback!

20. CloudCorp

CloudCorp Active Member

IGN:
    CloudCorp
    Support, always on and i have seen him helping lots people... would make a great mod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.