Skywars Bans

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Hoecobo, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

Alright I'm really starting to get sick of the minuscule amount of evidence needed here to get someone banned on skywars. Not to call out Peop at all, but take a look at some of these reports: http://www.skyblock.net/search/4988964/
    All of the reports in there are purely based off of screenshots, and while some you can pretty clearly tell are hacking, most of them are very inconclusive or don't prove anything at all. I'm not saying Peop would fake evidence, but right now I could go on take a couple screenies, and with like 10 mins in photoshop I could get someone banned. The system is broken right now.

What I'm proposing is what pretty much every other server that has any kind of pvp on it has already done. Require video evidence of a person hacking for them to be banned. Even Mineverse follows this rule. Heck, on BL you can't report someone without 3rd person evidence. Screenshots just aren't enough to tell the whole story.

2. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    I do agree. I will talk to the other skywars mods about it if you don't mind :p

3. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

Go right ahead; it's why I made this thread.

4. ozapenguin

ozapenguin Active Member

I agree with this. It can be very easy to fake screenshots.

5. Peopleoni1

Peopleoni1 Active Member

I tried using video, and the stuff you sent me, but it was all to laggy in minecraft and in the video, you couldn't tell what was going on. I tried multiple as well. After that, I don't even bother to try and report people with antikb since I can't. I'm trying I really am.

6. Sam

Sam Senior Member

One thing I would like to suggest to use is gyazo gif
    Simple to use
    You can pause and continue it

7. Peopleoni1

Peopleoni1 Active Member

I can't download anything anymore anyways

8. Peopleoni1

Peopleoni1 Active Member

I'd like to point out that we don't even consider Skywars that important since no official mods or archive section for reports or anything like that and I guess it doesn't really relate but I think Skywars should get more attention

9. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

Yeah I know the struggle I used to play on a really crappy laptop. This is what my bandicam looked like from then

That was with optifine installed and pretty much on the lowest settings.
    This wasn't meant to criticize you at all, more just to bring attention to how screenshots can't really do it justice.
    Know the specs of your laptop? Mind posting them? I can try to link a couple programs/ texture packs that might improve framerate.

10. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

true true I've been advocating for that for like 1.5 years now, but I just gave up on it and went to another pvp server. Not saying anyone should do that, but more just agreeing with you skywars should get some real attention.

11. Peopleoni1

Peopleoni1 Active Member

I'll msg them to you

12. Serif_Marak

Serif_Marak Well-Known Member

I don't really play SkyWars much anymore, but I don't record my gameplay.... Don't think a very large number of people do. So, it's not a horrible idea and I do support it, but it's like, support*.

*Is this really necessary? How many people appeal hacking bans and succeed because they actually weren't?

13. Sam

Sam Senior Member

If anyone can, I'd say Hoecobo and blaq could probably help you with your slowness

14. blaq

blaq Active Member

Well, what's the model of your laptop?

15. Wilbs

Wilbs Helper Helper

I agree, some of those reports have insufficient evidence. Video evidence will always give us a better idea of what happened, and it is the best way to ensure that the report will be successful.

16. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Certain hacks you can tell by screenshots. Others you cannot.
    Video evidence is essential and I recommend it. However if the screenshots are enough to show something unusual i would consider a very short ban.
    Staff are encouraged to only use video evidence too.
    As long as staff take care in ensuring the screenshots are in fact clear then they are valid.
    But as I said, video first above all.

17. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

I understand your point, but still photos can be edited. That's kinda the whole issue. You can't edit a video that well to make it look like someone's hacking.

18. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

There is a hack called fake aura. So theres that.

But even so it is hard to edit images to make it look like hacks. Plus you would also need to have multiple screenshots to confirm it was hacks for it to be valid. Difficult to edit.

19. Chickyy

Chickyy Active Member

Agree.